Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hotel Dwarfornia  (Read 2992 times)

Ace_Warbringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Swords For Everybody!
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Dwarfornia
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 08:37:59 am »

brass aint too bad, it's soft though. you have too use a slow cutting speed or uoe end up with a huge built up edge. its good if you dont want to mark up a mettle that your tapping into place. =- .001 RL machinest.
as to wieght its light.
so light and soft kind of kills the weapon catagory. but might make a good armor for its shock absorbtion qualitys.
Though maybe that's the issue. The concept is just too simple for the dwarven mind to grasp!

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 10:07:58 am »

Well I've found myself a VERY nice embark... all dwarves will have 5x5 rooms, all rooms will contain masterwork furniture!

Launch every mason! For great quality!

EDIT:

Bedrooms:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:12:27 am by EmperorJon »
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 11:03:44 am »

A forgotten beast just arrived, only just at the end of summer! Luckily it's a crab, and therefore I have no problems with it getting out of the caves. But just to be sure, I'll be blocking it off anyway.

EDIT:

And in the stocks menu, only a fking Adamantine 2H Sword!?
We've got a clown chute!

Wooooooooaaaah!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:15:06 am by EmperorJon »
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

MomeRath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:15 am »

And in the stocks menu, only a fking Adamantine 2H Sword!?
We've got a clown chute!

Wooooooooaaaah!

For the love of all that's holy, please post on DFFD!

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 12:13:36 pm »

DFFD?

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 12:17:47 pm »

Dwarf Fortress File Depot http://dffd.wimbli.com/
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 12:28:19 pm »

You sure? I could just post the seeds and such.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 01:19:39 pm »

World gen info is more convenient yeah.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 01:44:13 pm »

Hmm. It seems my world list has it missing. Or something. Or whatever.

I dunno.

All I've got is

Not the actual gen information. It's not enough is it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 03:47:39 pm »

Bedrooms:

Huh. I've been using that pattern with 3x3 rooms for almost everything since 40d.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 03:55:09 pm »

I have too, although for a hotel you'd ideally want it above-ground, and remove the outer hallways so that each room can have windows.  I'm not sure who'd want a hotel room that was boxed in entirely, sounds lame...

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 05:03:55 pm »

It's not really a hotel, just a high quality fort.

I will provide the seeds (my) tomorrow.

I've... had a bit of goblin trouble, and then the game crashed, so I've been forced back to the last save knowing I'm going to get ambushed in a few weeks, not a nice feeling. All we've got is some masterwork crossbows and crappy bolts. I may just bring all my miners and wood cutters in and set them to protect incoming caravans, still need more migrants for the metal industry to start with the steel.

The 2 forgotten beasts at the bottom of the stairs, and my several hundred k fort value (thanks 2H A Sword and Clown Tower...) aren't helping.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 07:41:36 pm »

You know, this made much more sense once I realized that "Dwarfanoia" was combining "dwarf" with "California," not paranoia.

Although paranoia is a decent way of describing how dwarves should feel about their world.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 03:57:32 am »

Well, I'm up.

Time to come up with a plan of action. And a seed.

EDIT: Here!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:13:42 am by EmperorJon »
Pages: 1 [2] 3