Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hotel Dwarfornia  (Read 2989 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Dwarfornia
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 10:06:26 am »

Finally, after shamefull repeated reloads, the caravan is inside and the gobbos weren't. So I quickly set up a cage trap line, and put my marksdorf as bait. The gobbo crossbowman was the first one to be caught, so my crossbowdorf was open to attack from above. One shot reset them from 'Follow leader in cage' to 'Attack marksdorf'. They're all caught except a coward who ran. So I'm closing the gate quickly... ambushes often come in groups...

Now we have goblinite!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

AngelaChristine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 10:16:56 am »

I have too, although for a hotel you'd ideally want it above-ground, and remove the outer hallways so that each room can have windows.  I'm not sure who'd want a hotel room that was boxed in entirely, sounds lame...

You can have windows that look out into the hall.  Dwarfs aren't crazy about sunlight.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 10:44:04 am »

lol

Anyway, I've dug sideways to where the magma pipe is. Then up. Then up... still hitting warm obsidian. This thing'll probably turn out to only be 3 levels below the surface or something. Which is very, very good.

In other news, a surplus of and grand master woodburner/furnace operator immigrants made led to me forging our first bar of steel. :D

And one of the miners is legendary.

:D
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 11:06:00 am »

Oh gawd, turns out one of the biomes has a different cave level, or I dug in to level 2 or something, because the shaft goes straight through to some caves and where I was going to build some bedrooms is the top of a cavern, and the top of the magma pipe is in a cavern, and and and... Grr.

I'm going to start a new operation to wall off all of the upper cavern level, it seems.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 03:14:10 pm »

Ahah this is going well.

I commissioned 2 steel statues.
My Grand master blacksmith just made a masterpeice one, of his best friend, making a masterpeice shell craft. :D

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 03:45:00 pm »

You can have windows that look out into the hell.  Dwarfs aren't crazy about sunlight.

Fixed. Don't you think it would be a !fun! idea? A bedroom, with windows behind fortifications overlooking scared tentacled monsters trying to get in (or just FB's from the caverns). Hahaha, good night!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:20:37 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 04:57:59 pm »

We've just gained a legendary carpenter from a fey mood. :D

In other news, we now have some steel statues, 5 steel swords, 2 steel spears, 3 steel battleaxes, a steel crossbow, 200 or so steel bolts, 5 serrated steel discs...

:D

Legendary carpenter, woodburner, miner, engraver...

No casualties. (Except a load of elves cows and stuff. >:D)

And I've come up with a new task for the fort. Have everyone trained to a reasonable level in basically everything, then enable all labors for everyone. And see what happens. Mwahah!

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2011, 06:55:25 pm »

Don't forget about armour. Unless you're going for a disposable army. :P
Steel makes for awesome armour, if you fully deck them out in it.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 05:34:47 am »

Yeah, I've been relying on traps so farm because some dorf used all my steel for serrated discs.

I've got no good armourers or decent military dorfs anyway, and the repeated annoyance of ambushes appearing 3 tiles from a caravan as they spawn on the edge of the map has unfortunately led to me turning invasions off. I'm going to build a huge wall before turning it back on again.

The question is, what will the wall be made out of... we could use Marble or Obsidian. :D>

Also, we are a barony!
Pages: 1 2 [3]