Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: lcs in 3d  (Read 6403 times)

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
lcs in 3d
« on: February 19, 2011, 06:35:02 am »

Im thinking of trying to make liberal crime squad in 3d if i am allowed by tarn adams more to the point do you guys think its doable

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: lcs in 3d
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:42:03 am »

Since it's open source you can do pretty much whatever you want, so long as you give credit where due and don't sell the thing.

What were your specific plans for it?  Were planning on making it an FPS, or what?
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 06:51:33 am »

Since it's open source you can do pretty much whatever you want, so long as you give credit where due and don't sell the thing.

What were your specific plans for it?  Were planning on making it an FPS, or what?
it would be the same game in 3d and real time no traviling to places you would have to get a car and drive there it all be in real time which it hard to do how many people there are how many weapons  there are. It could lag and on such a large scale it be hard to controll

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 08:44:44 am »

There is already a 3D LCS

It's called Grand thief auto

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 08:50:03 am »

LCS is licensed under the GPLv2, which explicitly allows selling and doesn't mandate attribution. Of course, actually selling it and/or neglecting to give attribution will likely earn you the eternal scorn of the entire LCS community, so don't do that :)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 11:02:25 am »

There is already a 3D LCS

It's called Grand thief auto
pretty much thats it right there

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 08:45:24 pm »

90% of LCS takes place in menus, keep that in mind. And how exactly are you planning to do this? The game is open source, sure, but it's written with the pdcurses library. You would have to start from scratch to make it 3D anyway.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 09:57:08 pm »

ncurses on linux

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 12:34:13 am »

Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 09:52:32 am »

I'll bet everyone here 50 Great British Pounds that he gives up and runs away the second he realises that programming takes more than 5 minutes to learn :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 09:53:19 am »

Im thinking of trying to make liberal crime squad in 3d if i am allowed by tarn adams more to the point do you guys think its doable
Before attempting to pull such a hard project, do you have any working simple 3d games? Experience matters.

I'll bet everyone here 50 Great British Pounds that he gives up and runs away the second he realises that programming takes more than 5 minutes to learn :P
I am pretty sure he has at least a few RTS and FPS with his own engines, because otherwise why would he suggest to make a 3d game with so much content.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 10:03:53 am »

Before attempting to pull such a hard project, do you have any working simple 3d games? Experience matters.

I am pretty sure he has at least a few RTS and FPS with his own engines, because otherwise why would he suggest to make a 3d game with so much content.

Deon, judging by his grammar alone, I'm guessing he's 12 or under. He's probably overestimating himself greatly.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 10:12:24 am »

Deon, judging by his grammar alone, I'm guessing he's 12 or under. He's probably overestimating himself greatly.
Should I always add "/sarcasm" to the end of my posts like that one above?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 11:14:31 am »

Should I always add "/sarcasm" to the end of my posts like that one above?

Yes, sarcasm can't be read, silly :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 01:23:44 pm »

I don't know, I managed to get the sarcasm. Maybe your sarcasm detector needs to be adjusted?

Also, I totally bet my multiplayer web version of LCS will be done before this blasphemous 3d version.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4