Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: lcs in 3d  (Read 6389 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: lcs in 3d
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 01:31:00 pm »

I don't know, I managed to get the sarcasm. Maybe your sarcasm detector needs to be adjusted?

Also, I totally bet my multiplayer web version of LCS will be done before this blasphemous 3d version.

Nah, I forgot to re-install it after I got Windows 7, thanks for reminding me!

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 01:57:55 pm »

90% of LCS takes place in menus, keep that in mind. And how exactly are you planning to do this? The game is open source, sure, but it's written with the pdcurses library. You would have to start from scratch to make it 3D anyway.
that would be the plan

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 01:59:44 pm »

I'll bet everyone here 50 Great British Pounds that he gives up and runs away the second he realises that programming takes more than 5 minutes to learn :P
thank you bud your helping with your comments anyway im not doing it
on my own
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:26:38 pm by ryan5050 »

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 02:07:50 pm »

Im thinking of trying to make liberal crime squad in 3d if i am allowed by tarn adams more to the point do you guys think its doable
Before attempting to pull such a hard project, do you have any working simple 3d games? Experience
 Yes but it was shitty my freinds and family played it 2 years later I put it In for a games designing course they said it was good but never meet to my standards of a good game

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 02:19:39 pm »

Also, I totally bet my multiplayer web version of LCS will be done before this blasphemous 3d version.
[/quote] most likely. This is a very large project I'm unlikely to even have a playable demo in a few months -Ryan5050

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 03:05:48 pm »

You still didn't answer my initial question: do you have any kind of 3d engine?

Sorry for the sacrcasm, it's unevitable if you start a thread about a major project without showing something you did first.

So basically, to make a 3d game you need a 3d engine. Do you have it/know how to write it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 03:40:02 pm »

Sorry for the sacrcasm, it's unevitable if you start a thread about a major project without showing something you did first.

So basically, to make a 3d game you need a 3d engine. Do you have it/know how to write it?
Dont know havok looks good to me have to get a lite version thought I'm short on cash

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 03:57:04 pm »

How much programming experience have you had?

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 06:29:21 pm »

Dont know havok looks good to me have to get a lite version thought I'm short on cash

No 3d engine. Hasn't done research. Can't code. Wants money. Sounds pretty legit, guys.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 07:18:37 pm »

Be nice. Ryan hasn't asked for money, he just mentioned being short on it, a condition I'm personally familiar with.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 08:25:57 pm »

Before we just dismiss this entirely, I have to ask: do you have any programming experience? Are you actually planning on something? No need to be harsh about this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 10:28:08 am »

He did say he has built a 3d game before, so its possible. And honestly a menu driven game would probably be the easiest sort of 3d game to make. ^_^ Since I imagine it would basically be dynamic movies tied together if its mechanically anything like the current version, which would at the least be kind of neat.

Actually, now its forming in my mind and it actually seems like a great idea. Walking around a building, getting one of those old battle transitions to see some conservative manager there, you get your move list, press a button to switch active characters, get the existing actions like attack/bluff/etc.

It could actually be pretty neat. Of course, it would ultimately end up as a 3d graphics only game rather than a TRUE 3d game, whatever. The ultraviolence would probably be pretty difficult to capture, however...

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 04:08:03 pm »

He did say he has built a 3d game before, so its possible. And honestly a menu driven game would probably be the easiest sort of 3d game to make. ^_^ Since I imagine it would basically be dynamic movies tied together if its mechanically anything like the current version, which would at the least be kind of neat.

Actually, now its forming in my mind and it actually seems like a great idea. Walking around a building, getting one of those old battle transitions to see some conservative manager there, you get your move list, press a button to switch active characters, get the existing actions like attack/bluff/etc.

It could actually be pretty neat. Of course, it would ultimately end up as a 3d graphics only game rather than a TRUE 3d game, whatever. The ultraviolence would probably be pretty difficult to capture, however...
That description first makes me think of a FMV game...

"Who can defeat these mad conservatives?!"

Then a 3D dungeon crawler. I guess that's exactly what the infiltration segments in LCS are, just from an overhead perspective.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 11:06:08 am »

If location exploring was something like Might and Magic, it would be awesome :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 07:06:34 pm »

anything else or did you just came to troll on a idea yes an IDEA before you shoot me down completely. I'm not asking for money or any handouts I've not done anything because it's an idea and I thought it was a good idea

No 3d engine. Hasn't done research. Can't code. Wants money. Sounds pretty legit, guys.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4