Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: LCS 4.03.1 Download  (Read 25019 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.03.1 Download
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 03:33:22 pm »

I do, yes.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2011, 03:52:05 pm »

Given the nature of the error, it's almost certainly specific to an item, or even a specific group of two items.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2011, 06:14:30 pm »

The inventory bug comes from CCS safehouse raids. Some of the loot you pick up is marked with [2]. These items will cause crashes unless sold.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2011, 07:10:33 pm »

I have had [2] items before, mainly from my tailoring, so I think something more specific is needed.

I must admit, I sold all my [2] items and the crash disappeared, so it might be still true somehow though.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2011, 10:02:11 pm »

Invalid operator< means that a function which sorts imitating operator< has detected a break in total ordering (that is, there are some three or more elements that cannot be put in a consistent order). Are you using the latest version? There was a fix for an extremely similar bug in a previous version - the bug was caused by having multiple non-stacking but identical items, pretty much only secrets you can publish in the Liberal Guardian.

If this is from the latest version, then I think I know what the bug is; in Armor's sort_compare_special, the check is made (correctly) for quality; if 'this' is better quality than 'other', put 'this' before 'other'. However, a key error occurs afterwards: the quality comparison is discarded. This causes the error because:
If 'this' is higher (i.e. worse) quality than 'other' then we swap the order. But if we evaluate them in the opposite order then we might end up swapping them again if the original 'other' is damaged and the original 'this' isn't (or any of the remainder of the existing code's swap cases).

Existing code:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

New code (fixed bug, touched up a few other things):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pollo2019

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 11:09:46 am »

First of all Hello to Everyone,

i want to mentioned that i really like the game and a big thank you for working on improving it all the time :)

I have found a bug on my game like one that was mentioned before.

the error message :
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww344/pollo2019/LCS-Error.jpg

that happens whenever any squad character is putting on/off any clothing

to bypass i just click the Ignore button and the game will not crash, any other button will crash the game...

if you need more information to investigate on this you can always message me

happened the first time when i striped my character wile entering the Garment Maker. Since then any clothing will cause that box to pop up.

i will backup my game so if you need the game data for some reason it will also be available to send to you.

Sorry about the trouble and once again thank you for improving that great game :)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 11:24:49 am »

Sounds like exactly the issue Innominate was addressing above. As a workaround, try selling off your second rate clothing and/or cleaning and repairing all of your clothing.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2011, 01:31:30 am »

I have a bug to report:
After having a hostage die on me, I discovered that the character was accused of kidnapping, so I sent him to the police station to clear his name. Imagine my surprise, when at the trial he was accused of 3 kidnappings, while I only did one, ever, in that game.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2011, 11:18:42 pm »

Since Jonathan is doing a different project who is going to be taking care of the game crashing bugs i mean i don't mind if the games not updated balance wise or anything. These game crashing bugs though i would like fixed since losing days of work is very discouraging :(. I think i got hit by that clothes bug, but unlike the other guy ignoring does not work probably cause i'm on windows 7 and i don't think they are.

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2011, 01:09:17 pm »

omfg NOOOOSE  why did you change the sieges  :'(

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2011, 03:09:26 pm »

1. Fortify for a siege.
2. Buy food.
3. Wait a few days for them to force a fight before selecting escape/engage.

Following this strategy will get you the same outcome as before; fighting in the safehouse against several squads of attackers.

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2011, 03:22:23 pm »

1. Fortify for a siege.
2. Buy food.
3. Wait a few days for them to force a fight before selecting escape/engage.

Following this strategy will get you the same outcome as before; fighting in the safehouse against several squads of attackers.
lol sorry john just a random RAGE moment

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2011, 06:02:56 pm »

I need to change the sally forth option so you don't get first striked by a bazillion SWAT members. Should also change the escape/engage text on the main screen so that it's clear that the two situations are different... or even remove the option of trying to fight your way out early? Not sure if that's better than leaving it in and making it extremely deadly.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2011, 06:28:02 pm »

It should be extremely deadly, but also rewarding. For example, if you could somehow implement sniping for Liberals (use a sniper rifle somehow, then select an enemy you have LoS on and everyone wielding sniper rifles shoots at the enemy?), then you could make the enemy snipers killable, and this would be the only way other than the army base and occasionally the HQ to get sniper rifles. Of course, it would probably be a pain in the rear end to code, but it would be awesome.

Hm... more consolidated idea: in the safehouse fortification menu, you could choose to (I)nstall Defensive Weaponry or something such as that. It then has a sub-menu with four to six positions, which are placed from left to right, and you can place a sniper rifle, machine gun, or salvaged tank weapon on the position in the sub-menu. Then, if you add the front wall of the safehouse and a clear line all the way along it with the weapon positions that you can (U)se to attack non-adjacent foes.

Hopefully you get what I'm trying to say here.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29:39 pm »

I've committed a fix for the armor sorting as noted by Innominate.

If you have an unplayable save file because of this bug, you can try to open the save in an editor. Search for <quality> tags and replace any 2, 3 or 4 with 1.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9