Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: LCS 4.03.1 Download  (Read 25006 times)

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.03.1 Download
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2011, 06:58:46 pm »

Carlos your fix does not seem to work with my game i changed all the <quality>2 to 1 and have no qualities 3 or 4 and it still wont start.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2011, 04:44:50 pm »

Could you upload your save file somewhere?

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2011, 05:01:49 pm »

http://www.2shared.com/file/5Qii8-_U/save.html that is my save file. If it goes away PM me with your email and ill just email it to you.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2011, 01:19:54 pm »

What program did you use to edit your save? Something has turned all the zero values in the file into spaces. Do you have a copy from before editing it?

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2011, 04:09:09 pm »

i used umm a hex editor named XVI32. I thought i backed it up but it turned out i backed up the wrong file :P fail on my part. If its completely unrecoverable don't worry about ill just start anew just gimme a chance to improve my game I guess.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2011, 05:57:06 pm »

XVI is good program so I don't think it caused the spaces. So I don't have an idea why the file has spaces instead of zeroes/nulls.

Anyhow, I noticed now that the file just ends in the middle of defining your third liberal. I think I could make it playable anyway, but you would only have The Godlike Liberal and Kurt Bunton left and the CEO and a couple other things would be reset as I'd paste them in from a new save file.

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2011, 09:41:30 pm »

That is fine everyone but my leader is replaceable :P I wonder why it became so corrupted tho :\. If you could tho the people you copy paste in could they have a decent rifle skill because that's what i was training and it took forever....lol.

Edit I remember now i did open it with notepad on accident i double clicked it thinking it would use the hex editor but it opened in note pad first, but i didn't edit in notepad so i did not think it would matter.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:46:35 pm by GodlikeSoldier »

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2011, 07:34:45 pm »

It seems to be working now:
http://www.2shared.com/file/T-8c3LUD/save.html

I didn't replace any people. I just put in a proper end to the file and changed most spaces back to nulls.

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2011, 05:37:41 pm »

Thanks Carlos at least I won't have to redo my leader :).

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2011, 06:51:38 pm »

I just finished my last game with over one million in funds from just getting the CEO sleeper to embezzle funds. I never relized that embezzleing funds was soo powerful.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2011, 12:58:19 am »

Possible bug in my 4.02.3 game. An Agent sleeper with 95% effectiveness, in a game where animal rights laws are moderate, recruited a canine hero. He appears to have normal canine hero stats (e.g. very high agility, naked, no weapons, "Animal" instead of "Liberal").

I don't mind; having a canine hero sleeper advocating liberalism in a world where dogs can't talk is extremely awesome. I imagine he just barks whenever his owner is watching Fox News and then behaves really well whenever Al Gore is interviewed. Maybe he defecates on his Conservative neighbour's lawn, and kills their pets. But perhaps the best part about Ray Bradlee: The Barking Hero, is that he works at the intelligence headquarters.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2011, 04:36:02 pm »

SIGH, I'm so jealous of you! I've had quite a few games myself, and I can't seem to hire a team of canine heroes before the game ends with a Liberal Victory. The thing is, after Animal Rights goes L+, I gotta quickly sway society back to C+, but, even if I do that, congress and senate usually have enough time to change the last few laws to L+ before the elections. Humm. Ho well.

kenji508

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2011, 05:04:48 pm »

2 problems i have noticed:

1: defending yourself never works regardless of your charisma, law, and juice. I tested it by making someone with 12 law and persuasion and 200 juice and get caught for loitering and was unable to beat a stammering conservative lawyer.

2: Passive buffs for buildings in seiges dont seem to work. Regular police can cut the power regardless of generators, bombers still easly damage a fortified compound, and tanks ignore traps somehow.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2011, 01:06:55 am »

2: Passive buffs for buildings in seiges dont seem to work. Regular police can cut the power regardless of generators, bombers still easly damage a fortified compound, and tanks ignore traps somehow.
I'm getting the same problem when I play. The instant-kills and infrastructure damage from planes makes it far too risky to wait for siegers to storm your compound. I've found that in this version it's better to just plant sleepers early and flee from every attempted raid, thereby making base upgrades in general extremely temporary and making their use wholly impractical. Combining the irritation of juggling equipment between safehouses with the need to move frequently and the game is largely unplayable in its current form.

I tried using this as an excuse to do a few lone founder runs only to discover that on top of all that, swords have taken a fairly heavy nerf since I last played. I'm pretty bummed.
... and then it explodes!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2011, 01:27:31 am »

To whoever is deving this now, make the names on a standard rotation. It pisses me off to no end that I have to rely on sheer chance to get the name I want. If I could reliably push a 20 times and know when to stop, I'd be able to play a lot more, than having to push, read name, push, read name...
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9