Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: LCS 4.03.1 Download  (Read 25021 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.03.1 Download
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 10:52:16 pm »

Yeah but sometimes you can have none selected.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 11:49:52 pm »

I think all you have to do is Review liberals and select the squad you want to move.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2011, 02:42:24 pm »

First, if you have a squad, hit tap until you got the one you want. If you see detailed info about one liberal, hit 0 to see the entire squad.

If you don't, hit R (review liberals), hit Z, hit the letters of the members you wanna get into the squad (up to 6), hit enter, type your squad name, and it's done.

If you have a squad and wanna add, remove, or replace members, hit the letter before the squad name, hit the letter associated with a liberal already in the squad to remove him, hit a liberal not into the squad to add him. If you notice an "AWAY" after a liberal (code) name, that means he is in another safehouse than the one your squad is, and thus can't join it.

If you have a squad and wanna create another one, do as if you don't have squad.

To delete a squad, just remove all it's members.

Anyway, I found a few bugs:

Leadership wasn't removed from recruitement (Liberal needs more juice or leadership to recruit), and political leadership skillset (Trained skills: law, persuasion and leadership), and cooking wasn't removed from selling brownies (money earned is based upon the activist persuasion, cooking, street sense and charisma. It raises persuasion, street sense, business and cooking.), nor was it from street survival (Skill trained: driving, first aid, cooking...)

Liberal help screen on selling T-shirts still says it costs 4$ a day, but it doesn't cost anything anymore.
Prompting the liberal help screen on selling portrait sketches get you the one on playing street music.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2011, 04:45:12 pm »

If you go to a Liberal's profile and press the down arrow, the list of skills is not in alphabetical order. If you go to a Liberal's profile and press the up arrow, the list of crimes is not in alphabetical order. If you press "L" on the main screen for status of the Liberal agenda, the list of issues is not in alphabetical order. And when you use the arrow keys to see Issues A and Issues B when looking at status of the Liberal agenda, the sentences about each issue are in the same order as the list of issues, so if you alphabetize the list of issues, those sentences should continue to be in the same order as the list of issues (i.e., once Women's Rights is last alphabetically, it would also be the last issue mentioned in the sentences about each issue's status.) So please alphabetize those 3 things. Oh and remember that other thing I mentioned earlier, how the PDCurses library went from version 3.3 to 3.4 a few years ago but Liberal Crime Squad still has the old version 3.3 of PDCurses.dll instead of the current version 3.4, and you can get that at http://pdcurses.sourceforge.net/. Thanks. ;D
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 04:49:52 am »

Hello!

Typo in the hacking liberal help page:

"Occasionally istead of effecting public opinion"

You mean affecting public opinion, right?

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2011, 02:28:48 pm »

Defending yourself in court doesn't work, even if you have really high stats. Also, when I had someone writing for the Liberal Guardian and another person interrogating a prisoner, I got a buggy-looking newspaper that looked like this (I'm using the "Lucida Console" font here to display it, the font Windows uses for console windows like LCS if you aren't using "Terminal"):

█ ████ █   ▐█    █   ▐█    █ █████    █ ██ █    █   ▐█   ▐█ █    █  █ █  TRUTH
█ ████ █ ▀▀ █ ▀▀▀█ ██ █ ▀▀ █ █████ ████ ██ █ ▀▀ █ ██ █ ██ █ █ ▀▀ █ ▌█ █  IS
█Memphis,   TN - The disappearance  of   Abigail Mahoney  is now  considered  a
█kidnapping, according to a police spokesperson.  ██ █   ▐█ █ ██ █ █  █  FREE
═  Bonita  Silverstein, speaking on behalf of the police department, stated "We═
█now believe that Abigail  Mahoney was taken 5 days ago, by a person or persons█
█as yet undetermined.  We   have several leads and are  confident that we  will█
█bring Abigail Mahoney back home and bring  the kidnappers to  justice.  As the█
█investigation is ongoing, I  cannot be  more specific at this   time.  To  the█
█citizens,    please   contact   the department   if you  have any   additional█
█information." █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█  According  to sources,  Abigail  Mahoney's     last known  location was  the█
█Intelligence HQ.  Police were seen searching the surrounding area yesterday. ██
█ ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█San Francisco, CA - ~~~  ~~~~~~  ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~█
█~~~~~  ~~~~~~  ~~~~~~  ~~~~~  ~~~~~   ~~~~  ~~~~~~~  ~~~~ ~~~~~~~  ~~~~ ~~~~~~█
█~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~  ~~~~~~   ~~~~~~~  ~~~~~ ~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~█
█~~~~~  ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~█
█~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~  ███████████████████
█  ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~█
█~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~  ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~  ~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~█
█~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~█
█~~~~~~~  ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~  ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~█
█~~~  ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~   ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~█
█~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2011, 05:32:14 pm »

EDIT: Posted prior to reading post on bugged self-defense.   :-[

Wecome back, Liberal Elitist!

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2011, 06:30:59 am »

Hello!

I found a huge bug with fireman raids:

I have been raided by fireman. No problems, they fall into traps, and then it's a shooting gallery. But this time, my squad spawned far away from the action, into something that isn't the main building! And with no way for getting there of course. And when I say no way for getting here, I don't mean "I have to go through flames", I mean I can't reach the place where the action is happening. So I have to quit the game.

Here are two screenshots showing the bug:

http://www.mediafire.com/?108vkrvgyjq80d4
http://www.mediafire.com/?kbu2zwxui7xmlov

What should I do about it? Thank you for helping me.

Edit: Found a way to bypass the problem: waiting for the fire to spread and open a path to the main building. Boring as hell, but it works. Still annoying stuff though.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:04:52 am by Elodie Hiras »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 03:56:53 pm »

Did you try restarting the day?

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2011, 05:44:51 am »

Yes, does the same thing upon restart. So I waited for them to burn their way toward me, really trashing the place, and repelled the fireman raid. And subsequents fireman raids happen in what can be described as a large open area with randomly placed traps in it, and a random door somewhere. A door that isn't even adjacent to a wall.. I still can't understand why such an area was created in the first place. I guess that this bug was caused by the location not getting repaired after suffering from fire damage.

Buffalo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2011, 04:27:44 pm »

All my locations get totally trashed from tanks blasting down walls until they're just big open areas like you described.  It'd be great to be able to repair them, I get a lot of extra money that I can't really spend.

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2011, 11:35:17 am »

What do you need to do to have tanks attack you on the booby-trap map rather than having to face them in face-to-face combat?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2011, 12:47:10 pm »

Wait during the siege until they get impatient and attack first -- if you immediately escape/engage, you'll fight outside your base. If you're having the issue where Tanks aren't attacking when the army enters your base, it's because you have tank traps keeping the tanks from entering the compound.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2011, 01:13:29 pm »

I keep encountering a bug in army base. After i pick up some items, maybe too many, maybe a specific one, not sure, inventory buggs out and i have to "ignore" the errors every time i want to do anything with inventory. Both manage it sent in between bases or sell.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2011, 03:32:00 pm »

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library
Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: ...\lcs_win32_4.03.1\crimesquad.exe
File: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\algorithm
Line: 3136

Expression: invalid operator<

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)
Abort   Retry   Ignore   

You're referring to this, I assume?

In any case, I'm assuming it's because of a certain item that you had picked up, since it's an error that occurs when you go to your inventory.

EDIT: After selling a certain amount of goods, mostly pistols and M4s that I had picked up, the error no longer occurs. As I had been in possession of several of these weapons before, it has led me to believe that it has sometime to do with the number of items within your inventory. I haven't confirmed it, however.

EDIT: Or not, three pages inventory works just fine. Something that's specific to weapons perhaps? *shrugs*
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:42:16 pm by Hyo »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9