Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124718 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2011, 08:20:12 pm »

Book, what is your fascination with Jokerman? Do you intend to relentlessly assault him again?

Org: What will your feelings be if Book develops another fixation on Jokerman?
Fetishes aren't good things, neither are stalkers.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2011, 08:53:38 pm »

Way to contribute, Org.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2011, 09:08:54 pm »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2011, 09:09:16 pm »

@Jim: Are you mentally deficient? Janus answered a question directed to me for me. That is a form of buddying, especially since I'm voting for him. You're misconstruing the meaning purposefully. I'll congratulate you on finding a new way to fail, however.

So, why are you defending Janus now, Jim? What'd he ever do for you? Why do I hate you always?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2011, 09:22:21 pm »

Native:
It just seems strange that there would be two jester-like roles. However, I see your logic of claiming in your first post, which actually gives me reason to believe you.

Jester-like?  You mean miller-like, correct?

Jokerman:  How is saying that I'm "painting town to be the bad guy" when I attack MBP not saying that he is town?

Pandarsenic:
Way to contribute, Org.

So whom do you suspect?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2011, 09:23:59 pm »

@Jim: Are you mentally deficient? Janus answered a question directed to me for me. That is a form of buddying, especially since I'm voting for him. You're misconstruing the meaning purposefully. I'll congratulate you on finding a new way to fail, however.

So, why are you defending Janus now, Jim? What'd he ever do for you? Why do I hate you always?

Oh, sweet, a WUBA hissyfit.

Because a simple clarification would not just do at all.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2011, 09:28:22 pm »

Native:
It just seems strange that there would be two jester-like roles. However, I see your logic of claiming in your first post, which actually gives me reason to believe you.

Jokerman:  How is saying that I'm "painting town to be the bad guy" when I attack MBP not saying that he is town?

Pandarsenic:
Way to contribute, Org.

So whom do you suspect?

Yeah. I guess I was thinking Jester-like because it misleads town like a jester would, but miller-like would be more appropriate.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2011, 09:43:12 pm »

@Jimmy: You didn't ask for a clarification. You jumped straight to conclusions. Who's to blame, Scummy BackTrack McCoverUp? I mean, you still never explained why you're defending Janus there. Unless your reason is  your own incompetence.

But you never said it explicitly. And I will nitpick on explicit wording.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2011, 09:47:22 pm »

I'll be back Sunday afternoon / evening.

PFP

Same here, I've been pretty busy spending time with friends and family (I came home from college)

I'll be around tomorrow.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2011, 09:52:43 pm »

@Jimmy: You didn't ask for a clarification. You jumped straight to conclusions. Who's to blame, Scummy BackTrack McCoverUp? I mean, you still never explained why you're defending Janus there. Unless your reason is  your own incompetence.

But you never said it explicitly. And I will nitpick on explicit wording.

If I was wrong for what I asked you a question about you could've pointed that out without using it as an opportunity to try and provoke me or to look for mostly meaningless ways to feel superior to me.

I.E., shame on you.

I don't really care about JTF one way or the other. I thought your issue with him was that he was defending massclaiming, which is something you did, and not that he was answering questions directed at you. Hence the question.

Asking you a single question is hardly me defending JTF. I've defended him before. This isn't anything close.

This is a lot of shit for a single question, WUBA. What the hell are you freaking out about?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2011, 10:00:22 pm »

Hello, Leafsnail.

As scum, I would randomly randomvote Ottofar.

Therefore, webadict.
Fair enough.  Unvote.

Leafsnail, how do you feel this dual kook claim is going to affect day 1?
I see it could waste quite a lot of time.  Shouldn't be too bad as long as we avoid chainlynch scenarios.

Basically, I think claiming kook is roughly a null tell, although leaning town.  Ottofar's "forgetting to vote" thing was weird, but didn't look too scummy.

No, I meant full-on role massclaim. You'd think (I guess?) it'd somehow be worse for everyone, but I argue that it's likely to win in the long run. It prevents the scum from having leeway later when they claim.

And to whoever freaked out instantly about massclaiming, go cry in a corner. I never said to massclaim. I said it would be a good strategy. At least learn to read.
Tomato tomato.  It's about the same thing.

Whatever you have against it is mostly due to ingrained beliefs where you believe the scum won't know everything if you don't claim. Unfortunately, that's incredibly false. They will know every role but two by Day 3. Possibly all of them, if they're lucky. They already know theirs, plus they have group cohesion, allowing for inspection and protection roles to work together. Disagree with me all you want, but it's true.
I can say from experience this isn't true.  It's pretty unlikely the scum has more than one detective.  Even if they had two detectives, that'd only allow them to know 4 non-doppelganger roles by day 3.

And even if we were just delaying it until day 3, that's 2 nights worth of night actions.

I'll fully catch up tomorrow after work, but for now, Toaster. It seems unlikely, though not impossible, that there would be two Kooks in this game. But your insta-claim and Ottofar's counter-claim doesn't look very good for you. Do you regret insta-"claiming" or do you stand by your decision?
What exactly is this meant to mean?  Is it an accusation?  If not, why would he regret claiming a role he has?  And whether it is an accusation or not, why not vote him?

Book, what is your fascination with Jokerman? Do you intend to relentlessly assault him again?

Obvious active lurking's great, isn't it NativeForeigner?

I don't really think MBP's town or scum just yet. I'll need to see more out of him before I decide. And no, wait and see isn't a town-only tactic. My problem is that Toaster voted MBP for saying that he had been waiting-and-seeing up to this point. Yes, Toaster said he's throwing his vote around for RVS, but that seems a bit late to me. I may have overreacted, though, so I'll unvote.
Sorry, what?  You need more info on him so you'll withdraw your pressure on him and not do anything else with it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2011, 10:39:38 pm »

@Jimothy: You were defending Janus earlier? Why? What made you think I was freaking out? Are you aware you're overreacting to questions? Did you ever attempt to rectify the errors you made, instead of jumping to whatever conclusion is most relevant to your situation?

Because I hardly consider what you did to be trying. All you're really doing is shifting my attention away from Janus for no good reason. (Well, you acting like scum is a good reason, but why would you do that at all?) So, have anything else to say? Or will you jump to a conclusion? (I've got money riding on the jumping!)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2011, 10:55:39 pm »

@Jimothy: You were defending Janus earlier? Why?

Previous games, genius.

Come on, pay attention.

What made you think I was freaking out?

Because this:

Why do I hate you always?

Awful lot of vitriol for a simple question.

Are you aware you're overreacting to questions? Did you ever attempt to rectify the errors you made, instead of jumping to whatever conclusion is most relevant to your situation?

Because I hardly consider what you did to be trying. All you're really doing is shifting my attention away from Janus for no good reason. (Well, you acting like scum is a good reason, but why would you do that at all?) So, have anything else to say? Or will you jump to a conclusion? (I've got money riding on the jumping!)

This is so lame.

I've responded to all that was worthwhile to respond to. Anything else you want to discuss, WUBA? Because otherwise you're just throwing shit at me to see what sticks.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2011, 11:58:38 pm »

Hello, Leafsnail.

As scum, I would randomly randomvote Ottofar.

Therefore, webadict.
Fair enough.  Unvote.

Leafsnail, how do you feel this dual kook claim is going to affect day 1?
I see it could waste quite a lot of time.  Shouldn't be too bad as long as we avoid chainlynch scenarios.

Basically, I think claiming kook is roughly a null tell, although leaning town.  Ottofar's "forgetting to vote" thing was weird, but didn't look too scummy.

No, I meant full-on role massclaim. You'd think (I guess?) it'd somehow be worse for everyone, but I argue that it's likely to win in the long run. It prevents the scum from having leeway later when they claim.

And to whoever freaked out instantly about massclaiming, go cry in a corner. I never said to massclaim. I said it would be a good strategy. At least learn to read.
Tomato tomato.  It's about the same thing.

Whatever you have against it is mostly due to ingrained beliefs where you believe the scum won't know everything if you don't claim. Unfortunately, that's incredibly false. They will know every role but two by Day 3. Possibly all of them, if they're lucky. They already know theirs, plus they have group cohesion, allowing for inspection and protection roles to work together. Disagree with me all you want, but it's true.
I can say from experience this isn't true.  It's pretty unlikely the scum has more than one detective.  Even if they had two detectives, that'd only allow them to know 4 non-doppelganger roles by day 3.

And even if we were just delaying it until day 3, that's 2 nights worth of night actions.

I'll fully catch up tomorrow after work, but for now, Toaster. It seems unlikely, though not impossible, that there would be two Kooks in this game. But your insta-claim and Ottofar's counter-claim doesn't look very good for you. Do you regret insta-"claiming" or do you stand by your decision?
What exactly is this meant to mean?  Is it an accusation?  If not, why would he regret claiming a role he has?  And whether it is an accusation or not, why not vote him?

Obvious active lurking's great, isn't it NativeForeigner?

I don't really think MBP's town or scum just yet. I'll need to see more out of him before I decide. And no, wait and see isn't a town-only tactic. My problem is that Toaster voted MBP for saying that he had been waiting-and-seeing up to this point. Yes, Toaster said he's throwing his vote around for RVS, but that seems a bit late to me. I may have overreacted, though, so I'll unvote.
Sorry, what?  You need more info on him so you'll withdraw your pressure on him and not do anything else with it?

1.) It was more of a clarification than an accusation. I wanted to see if he would slip up and claim to have regreted roleclaiming, which he shouldn't if he's an actual Kook. I also didn't vote him because I felt there was little reason to. He already had two or three votes on him and I didn't and still don't think he's lynch-worthy today.

2.) I'm aware that I've been active-lurking, thanks a lot for pointing out the obvious. I was rather busy with school when this started and I've been working, in fact, I'm on break right now. About half of my posts have been PFPs, like this one. I'll likely be more active sunday/Monday.

PFP
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2011, 12:30:17 am »

Native:

Pandarsenic:
Way to contribute, Org.

So whom do you suspect?
Jokerman and Book are tunneling each other like mad, except when they're not. Could be sincere/legitimate, could be otherwise, on either or both.

Ottofar is Ottofaring, Org is Orging.

Unvote Lensfail, vote NativeForeigner. Why is the number of votes on him related to you not voting him if you think he's not lynchworthy anyway?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40