Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526253 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Are You Anything More Than A Murderer?
« Reply #8775 on: June 07, 2014, 03:27:30 pm »

"Understood. I'm willing and ready to be the first person to test the ammunition and see how effective it is. Do we have an idea how many more subjects we'll find like the one that attacked earlier?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: June 07, 2014, 03:40:43 pm »

Prepare the flechette gun on account of it being the heaviest weapon I have. If the Presbyter moves into the spot from which the Marshall intended to start the ambush (assuming he's not already there), try to peg him with it. If I get a warning that he's trying to do some massive psychic attack or he turns his back to me as he attacks others, try to peg him.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: June 07, 2014, 03:53:46 pm »

"Understood. I'm willing and ready to be the first person to test the ammunition and see how effective it is. Do we have an idea how many more subjects we'll find like the one that attacked earlier?"

"Like that? I don't think more than fifty. This station was authorized to have one-hundred test subjects at any one time, so it's safe to assume they had at least half-again that many, but not more than twice. Their methods still produced failures more than half the time. Of course, some of those failures may be dangerous."
   The pair of soldiers led by the cadet re-emerge from the barracks, saluting the arbiter again. "It's done, Arbiter," Taiya says, her voice still quiet.
   "Good. Return to the front and see the others properly equipped. I need to have a private word with the Harlequin," Fennec replies. "Make sure everyone has a launcher, and get the bodies in sealed cases. See to it."
    Taiya nods and leads the two soldiers away, leaving you with Fennec.
 Fennec watches them leave, then turns back to you. "Harlequin, would you mind dismissing your men for a moment? They can equip themselves with the others while we have a private word."

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: June 07, 2014, 03:56:40 pm »

Dom looked at the immortals flanking her. "They aren't men. Alonso, Basilio, walk away. Come back in five minutes."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: June 07, 2014, 04:01:30 pm »

Fennec raises an eyebrow. "I see. I had hoped that part of the Initiative would be less... aggressive. We'll talk more when this is over. What I want from you right now is a promise. There is going to be no rank in this discussion. I will be not be an Arbiter, you will not be a Harlequin. Understand?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: June 07, 2014, 04:02:53 pm »

"Understood." Dom waited to see what he was wanting to talk about, but on the off-chance this was going to turn hostile, she stayed focused and ready to Slam him.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: June 07, 2014, 04:10:31 pm »

Fennec sighs. "And yet you still sound like a soldier. I have heard about you, Lisandra, and I always thought that you should have applied to the Arbiter core. You know when to break the rules, and that's why I feel that you will accept this." He watches your eyes intently as he speaks, gauging your reaction as he continues. "I'm adding a directive. Whatever happens on this mission, Cadet Taiya lives. If you have to sacrifice Olson to see it done, sacrifice Olson. If you have to kill everyone else, destroy this station, and gnaw off your own hands, she will live."
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: June 07, 2014, 04:20:39 pm »

"I'll take that as a compliment, but I prefer working on my own as much as possible." Dom really, really hoped that was what harlequins did. She was a friggin' crate mover, she had no idea what the hell all these ranks really meant. "...Well then, if we're speaking openly. What's special about Taiya?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: June 07, 2014, 04:35:05 pm »

((I'm just seriously waiting on Zako here before I give my action by the way. Not ignoring. ._.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: June 07, 2014, 04:39:17 pm »

"I'll take that as a compliment, but I prefer working on my own as much as possible." Dom really, really hoped that was what harlequins did. She was a friggin' crate mover, she had no idea what the hell all these ranks really meant. "...Well then, if we're speaking openly. What's special about Taiya?"

Fennec turns away, looking to where Taiya left. "We all work alone," he says, his voice quiet but hard. "We've done so for so long. I joined the core to be an instrument of Justice, and yet I've done horrible things because they needed to be done. Justice takes its leave when survival is threatened, and so everything that I wanted to be, everything that I wanted to represent, must be cast aside for the greater good." He turns back to face you again, his eyes hard. "I've spent seventy years making a mockery of Justice so that others could have their head. I've betrayed every ideal from my youth so that we could create the weapons necessary to win the coming battle. I have oppressed rather than liberated, and I still do it because, for the time, it is what is right. Taiya..." He shakes his head, his smile returning faintly. "I trained her to be what I should have been. To carry on after we die, because, after the smoke clears, we cannot be the ones that survive. So much of us has been built on oppression, on driving people to the breaking point just long enough to get the job done. If it's people like you and me that live through the War, then everything we have done will be meaningless. I have done monstrous things, but that will not be my legacy. Taiya will live, and she will carry on the ideals that we have had to abandon. Do you understand?"

((I'm just seriously waiting on Zako here before I give my action by the way. Not ignoring. ._.))

((I was going to ask about that soon.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:59:13 pm by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: June 07, 2014, 04:53:59 pm »

Dom shrugged. "There will likely always be a need for people who will do anything to get the job done, whether that job is moving equipment from one point to another or leading people into battle or something. I do understand what you're trying to say, but I don't necessarily agree with it. Sir." He had called her Lisandra earlier; was that her first name or her last name? It was impossible to tell with a name like this one. She would just have to make sure she responded when he called her that. "That being said I'll do what I can to keep this cadet alive for the duration."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: June 07, 2014, 05:07:20 pm »

Dom shrugged. "There will likely always be a need for people who will do anything to get the job done, whether that job is moving equipment from one point to another or leading people into battle or something. I do understand what you're trying to say, but I don't necessarily agree with it. Sir." He had called her Lisandra earlier; was that her first name or her last name? It was impossible to tell with a name like this one. She would just have to make sure she responded when he called her that. "That being said I'll do what I can to keep this cadet alive for the duration."

Fennec eyes you strangely again. "You really aren't very good at being anything other than a soldier, are you? Regardless, I would ask one more thing of you. This you can refuse without worrying about me killing you, but you can call a favor from me if you agree. When we leave here, take a cadet, someone young enough to not have lost all innocence. Teach them to do better than we have been. Tyranny is necessary, but, when our corpses have been piled up, something better deserves a chance to thrive. Do you accept?"
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: June 07, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »

Dom sighed. She had no idea what she was going to do with such a person. She'd probably have to splatter their brains before she could get home - as much as Sizier's base was home, anyway. She'd never be able to truly go home again. "...Are you sure you want me to teach anyone? Well, we'll see. As I said I prefer to do my job by myself as much as I am able. I wouldn't even have those two if I wasn't asked to bring them along for a trial run. If I think one of these cadets is worth my time, I might take them along. Good enough?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: June 07, 2014, 05:21:40 pm »

Dom sighed. She had no idea what she was going to do with such a person. She'd probably have to splatter their brains before she could get home - as much as Sizier's base was home, anyway. She'd never be able to truly go home again. "...Are you sure you want me to teach anyone? Well, we'll see. As I said I prefer to do my job by myself as much as I am able. I wouldn't even have those two if I wasn't asked to bring them along for a trial run. If I think one of these cadets is worth my time, I might take them along. Good enough?"

Fennec's smile quirks up one side. "Not quite what I meant. The only cadet I have is Taiya, she's going to be an Arbiter. I mean when you're back at dispatch, ask for a cadet. Teaching is... more rewarding than you think it is. Still, I think that we've talked for long enough for the cadet to get her job done. It's time to bring an end to this place, and assemble one more weapon." His tone is bitter at the end, but his face doesn't show it. "Ready to fight with monsters, Harlequin?"
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: June 07, 2014, 05:30:37 pm »

"I'll be ready once I have one of those experimental guns." Dom made a motion as if to say 'after you' and stood aside.
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 602