Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527030 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Death of a Thousand Cuts
« Reply #8550 on: January 19, 2014, 01:19:57 pm »

"Feel free to shoot him sir. He's pretty much done for as it is." The collective remarked as the rested.

If the Destroyer isn't dead by the time others have shot at him, he commits suicide by slicing his own throat. Otherwise rest until it's safe to disengage the link, then do so.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: January 21, 2014, 03:02:36 am »

Take stock, look to see if there are any other routes to where I need to go
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: January 21, 2014, 03:17:02 am »

Fire.

Jenna..

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: January 21, 2014, 09:14:50 am »

Well, damn. James couldn't kill a man like that. And more importantly, he'd been warned by Iscariot. For now, he had a brief reprieve, and he would use it to check up on the man he'd taken pains to save.
Look around and see if I'm being charged at or something. If not, check up on Tarran.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: January 21, 2014, 11:03:44 am »

Dominique thought fast, then assumed a commanding tone. "Get up and come with me! I want you to explain to these men exactly what happened," she said, indicating Moore and his team. Maybe she would luck out and he'd follow her orders. If he didn't, though, she would open fire with the shotgun and try to dive out of the way so her allies could shoot too.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: January 24, 2014, 07:59:09 am »

Damien takes one last look through the scope of his rifle at the still-fleeing Technocrat. In the background, someone is telling him to drop his weapons. Almost instantly, the rage and paranoia begin to bubble up. 'Oh, sure. Put down the only things I trust, so that the second I do, you'll shoot me in the fucking head, executioner style. I know how these things go.' With an extreme effort of will, he stopped himself from turning around and spitting those words at the Unchained. Instead, he took a deep breathe, fired one final time, and turned to face the Unchained. "How do I know that you won't just shoot me if I do?" The words were calm, far calmer than he felt. Betrayal was one of the few things you could trust people to do, and Damien rarely trusted them to do even that right.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: January 24, 2014, 08:11:23 am »

"If you DON'T, we'll shoot you right here and now." The collective shouted back. "You are armed after all."

Quietly, the Anna part of the collective hoped that he would try something. She still had some frustration to work out after getting jumped by that technocrat psionic earlier.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: January 24, 2014, 11:38:47 am »

"And if I do, you'll just shoot me anyways, right?" Damien shot back. "I don't think so. Give me one good reason as to why I should trust you not to kill me anyways even if I do surrender!"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #8558 on: January 24, 2014, 03:26:33 pm »

What a terribly impolite prisoner!  Honestly, I would just shoot him and be done with it. 

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: January 24, 2014, 08:07:04 pm »

((The Marshal will step into this conversation if things don't resolve by tomorrow'ish.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: January 24, 2014, 11:42:12 pm »

"Think of it like this: You surrender your weapons now, and have a chance of living. Or, you don't and you die right now. It's really simple, so choose." The collective replied evenly.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: January 25, 2014, 12:02:34 am »

"Or state why you're doing that. I mean, I doubt a Technocrat would just jump on, charge over to their enemies--or undesignated-in-uniform people--turn around on his heel, then shoot at the very people who were not shooting at him.

"...Anna, how were you sure he was a technocrat again?"
Tyrin said after shooting at the runner, continuing her thoughts with his words, and leveling his gun at the man with the finger caressing the trigger.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: January 25, 2014, 03:14:52 am »

"Tyrin, he's wearing a Technocrat uniform, using heavy weapons that we don't have easy access to, if at all, was walking right next to the other technocrats without them shooting him and is questioning us about shooting him if he puts his weapons down, which one of us wouldn't since he was ordered to by the Marshall, and neither I or the Marshall recognise him. He is so obviously a technocrat and he knows it." The collective responded before looking at him with 3 raised eyebrows.

"Are you alright? Did you take a hit to the head or something?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: January 25, 2014, 10:02:54 am »

"That rules out an unchained killing a technocrat/unchained double agent. However it just doesn't make sense why...he'd be charging this way-sure, he could be allied with them, given how he came from their general position but there's also the note of a colonist taking...the nearest enemy down and getting their garb--explains the self-defense vibes he's giving and not acknowledging our officer.

"Though I've no comment on the weaponry. That's some nice tech there but it seems like a really nice find for a colonist-killing a technocrat. And no, I took a hit to my chest but it's alright-just a bit woozy from-"

Tyrin blinked. He was seeing spots. His fingernails were showing yellowish areas when he held up his hand for a brief and subtle check. Blood loss, perhaps?

"-from the fight."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: January 25, 2014, 12:59:59 pm »

"Yes, clearly it's a good idea for a colonist to take the uniform, armor and weapons of a technocrat and run towards the guys they are fighting. That's exactly what one of the colonists would do.

Get a grip Tyrin! No sane colonist would do that and if you don't believe me, then the clincher is that he's a trained psionic. No colonist would be a psionic without either the 'crat's or us finding them and picking them up to join whatever side, and only the technocrats and ourselves have the means and knowledge to train psionics. For crying out loud, he's got a mindbar on himself and the only reason he isn't trying anything right now is that I mentally crippled him first!"

The collective shook their heads, exasperated.

"Honestly, I think the medic needs to have a look at you, once we're done here. The blood loss and shock seems to have done a number on you."
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 602