Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527226 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Disease of the Mind
« Reply #8475 on: December 12, 2013, 10:44:41 am »

Wolfchild, you are on a shuttle heading towards a space station.  The array is on the space station.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: December 12, 2013, 01:04:31 pm »

((My problem is that I have lost context but still want to play, for instance I thought we were still on that shuttle))

grab the array ((hope that's what I am supposed to be doing))

((What? I don't even...
 You know the memebase images of Jackie Chan grabbing his head in consternation and Captain Picard facepalming? Combine those with a side of what-the-fuck and you have the face I just made. I have no idea how your action begins to make sense, I don't even have any idea how your interpretation of your action makes sense. Nunzillor makes more sense than you and he's not even a player!

However, to give you the incredibly simple version of events. YOU IN SHUTTLE. YOU NEED BIG SPACE WALKIE TALKIE. BIG SPACE WALKIE TALKIE IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE. WHICH IS PROBABLY FILLED WITH DEATH. AND THE HUSBAND OF THAT PSYCHIC GIRL YOU ARE WITH. NO NEED TO INFORM HER OF THE WHOLE 'FILLED WITH DEATH' PROBLEM.
))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:59:24 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: December 12, 2013, 04:02:31 pm »

((IT makes no sense now, I thought things had progressed faster than they had, I TOLD you I have lost context))

Check ship systems and flight path
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: December 12, 2013, 10:43:14 pm »

[It's Tyrin, not Tiruin. I'm not my character despite some character traits we both share. ;P]

Take a counter-sniper role.
Aim at the sharpshooter and steady for a sure hit with my Broadbeam.
Get into a stable position, preferably prone if possible.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: December 12, 2013, 11:01:01 pm »

[It's Tyrin, not Tiruin. I'm not my character despite some character traits we both share. ;P]

((Gah! My fingers try to type reason as raisin half the time, you expect me to keep two names that differ by one syllable separate?! You give too much credit to my beleaguered brain.

Sorry, the name confusion is something I do. It will probably happen again.

Well, that's everyone. I have a busy day tomorrow, so I'll probably work on the turn tonight as a way to procrastinate, then study at the eleventh hour.

Wolf, SC. As it stands I'm just going to click you both forwards a couple hours in time. So if there's anything you want your characters to work on during that time, just append it to your turns.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: December 13, 2013, 12:00:11 am »

((Gah! My fingers try to type reason as raisin half the time, you expect me to keep two names that differ by one syllable separate?! You give too much credit to my beleaguered brain.

Sorry, the name confusion is something I do. It will probably happen again.

Well, that's everyone. I have a busy day tomorrow, so I'll probably work on the turn tonight as a way to procrastinate, then study at the eleventh hour.

Wolf, SC. As it stands I'm just going to click you both forwards a couple hours in time. So if there's anything you want your characters to work on during that time, just append it to your turns.))

((That works, should help me get context with what is going on NOW rather than the plan))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: December 19, 2013, 06:34:07 pm »

B-damp.

Nunzillor

« Reply #8482 on: December 20, 2013, 04:49:30 pm »

B-damp indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: December 21, 2013, 01:53:42 am »

(I'm going to guess Draig is waiting on wolfchild and me to say whether or not we want to do anything else this turn. The only thing I want to do involves some meta knowledge, unless Dom heard Emily say something about the hotlabs. In which case she would ask...)

"Hey, what are the hotlabs, anyway? Can I get some info on that Emily?"

(and then)

Study the hotlab reports, if any are available

(but as I said I don't think Dom heard that.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: December 21, 2013, 05:27:51 pm »

((Uh, no. I'm waiting on me to write the turn. NONE OF YOU MUST DO ANYTHING.

I'm a bit spotty around Christmas for family reasons, and as I've said other places, the inevitable OMIGOD-I-MADE-IT-THROUGH-ANOTHER-SEMESTER-I'M-GONNA-GO-SLEEP-NOW.

Actively working on it now. Shouldn't take too long since I wrote the first part before my last final.))
---

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: December 21, 2013, 05:44:28 pm »

((*hugs Draignean* I know your pain. I finished my exams and I've pretty much slept until 4:00PM -when I did go to sleep - ever since.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: December 25, 2013, 12:04:37 am »

James Evan

James grit his teeth. This thing was just too fast, and trying to hit it when it was doing this charging thing would be downright hellish to attempt. On the other hand, with a clever use of psionics, maybe James could stop said charging thing. Taking a page from his reckless side, James decided to draw back a small bit, not enough to deny it its new variety of attack (he intended to use THAT against it). Then, when it charged at him, he would put his plan into effect.
Draw back a bit towards short range. When the Wight charges at me, send a slam centered on the Wight's feet (so that it goes 3 feet up and 5 feet in either direction) at the thing, with 7 kN of force.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The Technocrat blurs forward, striking fast and hard. [Melee 12+4, 17+4+1 Vs Dodge 5, 22] [James Luck 16] [Brawl 16+1] The first blade slices into your shoulder, but, through a small miracle, you manage to turn the second blow away with your punch-gun. (Shield -8, Armor -6, HP -24,  1 Negated)
   You stagger backwards a few steps, not needing to feign a need to withdraw. The hole that thing just put in your shoulder isn't a scratch, and unless it slows down soon, you're not going to be able to match it in melee. [Slam 17, 7Kn][Control 6+1] (-7 Stamina) You prime a wave of force, ready to strike again as soon as it closes with you.
   The Wight obliges you almost immediately. [Technocrat Mobility 4+4+1 Vs Slam 17+1]  (Wight Armor -3) The psionic attack strikes low, sending the Technocrat sprawling forward as his legs go out from under him. He lands at your feet, momentarily prone.

[Luck 19] Your chest burns, and the rest of your body feels sort of... tingly.

(Wight Charge -30)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

---

Dominique Wakeman and Ashley Fey

Check ship systems and flight path
"Thanks, Emily. I guess I'll figure it out when we get there. Go ahead and set a course for the place, I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I think." Dom sighed.

For the next several hours, Dominique and Ashley sit tight while the shuttle burns toward Teras station. Ashley spends the time reviewing the ship's systems, finding them to be stripped down, overdue for maintenance, and generally on the shadier side of serviceable. Dominique continues reviewing the minimal information there is on Teras station, finding little new or interesting about it. Her cover story is the best shot she's got at making this work, and looking up the number of waste disposal facilities on the station isn't going to help improve that.

"We are within range of Teras station," Emily's voice chimes across the shuttle. "One exterior dock is occupied. Hull reads as a Hazardous Recon light transport."
   Dominique looks up. Hazardous Recon is perhaps the one branch of the Technocrat active military that is actually liked for a reason beyond Technocrat mystique. HazRec are the soldiers who get sent to cleanse the underworks of the spire cities when mites start killing off too many maintenance workers. They're the people who get sent to drive back natural predators when terraforming kinks create apex predators that enjoy eating colonists. Essentially, they're maintenance workers with guns. Rumor has it that they actively recruit anyone who's managed to survive red-maintenance for more than five years, but you've never actually seen it happen. What's strange is why they're at a research station. This shouldn't be their usual gig. Unless something has gone very wrong.
   "The Technocrat vessel has identified us," Emily adds a moment later. "They're opening communications. Relaying now."

"Transport, you are in controlled space. Provide authorization, turn around, or we will disable your craft. Considering that we're a little busy right now, I don't think you want the latter to happen. We might forget to pick you up at the end of our job." The voice sounds male, tired, and perfectly willing to shoot you if it would make his day easier.

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

---

Tyrin and Anna

Take a counter-sniper role.
Aim at the sharpshooter and steady for a sure hit with my Broadbeam.
Get into a stable position, preferably prone if possible.

Make the Destroyer club the technocrat next to him with the butt of his gun while he turns around so he can then open fire on his teammates.

Start with a -2 Neural Feedback (15 stamina) on Damien and put some effort into making that one stick. Then follow up with a level 4 Surge at -1 difficulty on the sniper. Finish up with an Override on the sharpshooter to force him to bite down as hard as he can on his own tongue.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The sniper reacts fast, swinging the railgun's cumbersome barrel around to take a point blank shot at the kineticist. [Quickshot 16+1-2 Vs P.Kinetics 2+1] [I.Shield, 78. No effect] (Armor -13, Hp -41 3 negated) Wigs staggers backwards from the blast, clutching a hand to the fresh and bloody hole in his side. [Wigs Soak 21] He's hurt bad, but the shot didn't appear to do any additional damage.
    Tyrin drops flat and takes careful aim on the sharpshooter, giving his rifle's optics time to calibrate the focus range.
   Damien [Mobility 9-1] struggles with his bulky armor, trying to make it to the hooked edge of the colonist home. He doesn't make it, and ends up caught without cover midway between the wall and the trench.     
   The sharpshooter panics and takes a snap shot at the lead unchained who isn't in a trench. [Quickshot 3-2+1] The bullet plows into the dirt long before it even gets close the the field of warped light that Feuer is generating.
    Feuer maintains the distortion field, (-25 Stamina) and fires a burst from his SMG to answer the sharpshooter's ineffective attack. [Quickshot 4] Firing lasers out of a field of warped light isn't easy, and the Marshal's barrage misses completely.
    The kineticist, bloody but unbowed, tries a simpler tactic. [Melee 22 Vs Dodge 16+1] He grapples the sniper, grabbing for the Technocrat's railgun and burning all of the charges in his KES suit to get it. [Brawl 3+3+3 Vs Str 5] The sniper, surprised at being attacked so bluntly, is caught flat footed by Wig's better positioning and sudden burst of strength. The railgun trades hands in the blink of an eye.
    Anna 'looks' for a psionic in the opposing party, [A.Empathetics 13+1+1] and finds one bringing up the rear. Immediately, she hits him with a debilitating psionic attack. [Neural Feedback 18+1+1-2] [Control 17+1, -10% cost]  (-13 stamina) Like the last one, this Technocrat is maintaining a professionally honed mindbar. In this case, however, that makes Anna's attack all the more painful. (Damien stamina -43) Meanwhile, another two attacks lash out from Anna's subsidiaries. [Surge 17+1+1-1. L4. One Effect: Stun]  [Control 3, +25% cost] (-25 Stamina) (Sniper -8 Stamina, -8 Health) [Override 14+1+1-1][Control 9] (-10 Stamina) The sniper reels away from the kineticist, his mind overwhelmed by random signals. The sharpshooter bites down reflexively at Anna's behest, nearly severing his own tongue in the process. (Sharpshooter Hp -1, Pain) A brief mental order brings the Destroyer far enough forward to club the stunned sniper. [Melee 6 Vs Dodge 17+1-5] The proxy attack is clumsy, and the sniper is able to scramble out of the way despite his burning mind and leaden limbs.
    The sniper [Mobility 17+1-1] crawls out of the trench and throws himself away from the fight, sprinting away from the fight with a speed born of desperation.

[Destroyer Will 16 Vs Anna [P.Empathetics 11+1+1] The Destroyer may break free of its domination next round.

(Technocrat Sniper is fleeing)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Anna Witheld (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Damien Smith (click to show/hide)
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: December 25, 2013, 04:10:04 am »

"...Fuck. I didn't actually think to ask Taric for authorization codes," Dom muttered to herself. That was just like her, to forget such a simple yet very important detail like that. "Emily, Ashley, either of you know any authorization codes to transmit? Especially for someone of Harlequin rank?" If they didn't, Dom would have to bluff her way past.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: December 25, 2013, 07:42:33 am »

"This is for Jenna and everyone else you cheesy, technocrat b-"

Loose that shot on that sharpshooter.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: December 25, 2013, 10:40:31 am »

"Wait, wait, wait! I'm on your side, see?" Damien shoots the fleeing Technocrat in the back with his Abassy. It's not like he has any use for cowards anyways. Besides, he'd been wanting to do that ever since he met these fools. The Unchained had just given him both the means to an end and an excuse to rid the universe of more fools. "Two birds with one stone, right?" The operative chuckled to himself.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 602