Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528195 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: And then it exploded.
« Reply #8040 on: August 05, 2013, 12:01:36 am »

"Gggh... head... fuck... head... why is everything so... what..." James made an extremely painful sound as he attempted to dig up his memories. "Suits... it... suits... where... who... C-COCKPIT!... others, cockpit... something with suits... can't remember... got... get suits and cockpit. Maybe... ggh... the others can... help?" James steadies his thoughts for a bit, not very successfully, but eventually he settles on dragging the suits to the cockpit. The others could figure out what was going on and help him, right...?

James attempts to drag the suits to the cockpit and get the others to help.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: August 05, 2013, 05:48:37 am »

Gah, sorry for the long absence from the forums, actually haven't caught up on this, saw it was still running and wanted to apologize, i assume you gave my place to someone else and i understand.

Now that the random rant is over, just want to say that I didn't mean to leave the forums for this long, real life just reared up and bit me and I'm glad you are all still alive

P.S. if my character is dead can I spill the beans about her and her group?

PPS. Just want to say that even though the board completely slipped my mind for ages, I never turned off the option that any pm gets sent to my email, so if you HAD of pmed me I woulda gotten back in faster, I am pretty sure that I said to pm me if I was late for a turn somewhere back there.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 06:28:50 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: August 05, 2013, 08:39:01 am »

Now that the random rant is over, just want to say that I didn't mean to leave the forums for this long, real life just reared up and bit me and I'm glad you are all still alive

Believe me, I can sympathize. I bear you no ill will for it, I just looked at your activity dates and cut you out.

I didn't give your place to someone else, not exactly. Dominique is attempting to kill you, but you're still alive. I have your stats on call from the wiki, so there really isn't any reason why you couldn't come back in. Dominique may slaughter you, but if you want to get back in, PM me and I'll send the details to you.

I believe you phased out pretty early on the second floor, so this might also be helpful.

PPS. Just want to say that even though the board completely slipped my mind for ages, I never turned off the option that any pm gets sent to my email, so if you HAD of pmed me I woulda gotten back in faster, I am pretty sure that I said to pm me if I was late for a turn somewhere back there.

Now, here my face is red. Because I thought I had already sent this PM to all players who were listed prior to my disappearance. On closer inspection, however, it seems it never left my drafts folder. Sorry about that.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: August 05, 2013, 10:30:53 am »

(Dom's only attempting to kill Ashley since the cyborg is trying to blow the place up. :P)

Dom quickly got to her feet and holstered her Abassy in favor of the shotgun once more. "All right both of you, let's go! After her!" she yelled to the immortals as she took the lead, moving to follow Ashley before she could get far enough to set another trap.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: August 05, 2013, 10:31:45 pm »

Commence phase 2 of plan Anna.

Patch up the wounded (perhaps ask aid from the colonists here) and try to diplomatically convince the people on a shift in plans.

"Anna, hows about a shift in your plan. We've got others around--and while I wouldn't want them to get hurt, we'll need their aid."

Tyrin turned towards the people. "We need help. Who's your leader?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: August 06, 2013, 12:24:02 am »

"What have you got in mind? I'm open to ideas!" Anna called over her shoulder as she moved towards the other side of the building.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: August 06, 2013, 12:34:17 am »

"Rally the colonists. After I patch Jenny up, we move to the ruins and entice them closer.

"They don't know there are people in here or they'd be firing on the house. We move them closer, and that's when the rest of you attack their blind spot."
Tyrin wondered if the medical kit had anything to immobilize Jenny's leg. Broken leg. Needs to set still; impossible in this situation, or at least improvise something for Jenny to move with. "They're on our turf anyway. Either way, we'll show them what us colonists can do."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: August 06, 2013, 02:47:24 am »

"So, let me get this straight... You want to attack the armoured technocrat troopers that have automatic weapons, with a bunch of unarmoured and unarmed colonists?" Anna said incredulously.

"Oh, and technically, this IS the technocrat's turf. Just thought you should know that."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: August 06, 2013, 04:34:54 am »

"And technically, these people here live on their turf. Do you see Technocrats caring if we're here? Even when we didn't lay a hand on the colonists?"

Tyrin put away what he was holding for the moment to address the situation. "You are one of the heads of the operation here, and you know that's a fact. Vigilance pays off, and innocents are caught in the collateral. From what I gather, we're facing nearly half a squad's value in firepower and men, and we've got the upper hand at least.

"You saw what happened to the leaders of this place. Despite complying to their best manners, all this happened. What we face is a leaderless sortie of men, and we must take this opportunity--excuse my offense to the colonists--and technically, some of them are armed."
Tyrin ended with emphasis. While this wasn't in his intention to be assertive, the moment deserved quick thinking and action.

Whether this was a good idea or not, Tyrin acted on what he felt at the moment and looked back at his ally for her response.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: August 06, 2013, 10:36:55 am »

Anna was troubled and felt herself being pulled in two different directions. This wasn't the colonist's fight (being that the unchained were responsible for this mess) in the first place, but even if they didn't fight, there was little reason that she could see that the technocrats wouldn't care for them too much for harbouring them before they arrived...

"Alright, ask them if there's any willing to fight while you work, but don't press them too hard. We could use the help and the technocrats won't have much sympathy for them for harbouring us in the first place.

I just hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass later..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: August 06, 2013, 01:30:53 pm »

"Of course it won't bite us in the ass. It'll bite us in the face, where we can see it. Because I'm darn sure we'll be able to see it."

Tyrin faced the colonists, halfway between preparing a splint and steadied his voice, taking a deep breath. "Since any of you haven't fired upon us, I'd first like to say 'Thank you'. Second, I'd like to add the fact that none of you ever harbored us, and it was all in our fault to have implicated you, your families and your property. Third, the technocrats are out for blood and I'm pretty sure they'll just kill us all given the last hour of events." ...No, not bait. "And last, we won't press you for anything but any help you could render is well good and great."

He turned his attention back to treating Jenna while looking at Anna's response, having said all he wished in less then ten seconds.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: August 08, 2013, 09:15:18 pm »

Tyrin and Anna

"Of course it won't bite us in the ass. It'll bite us in the face, where we can see it. Because I'm darn sure we'll be able to see it."

Tyrin faced the colonists, halfway between preparing a splint and steadied his voice, taking a deep breath. "Since any of you haven't fired upon us, I'd first like to say 'Thank you'. Second, I'd like to add the fact that none of you ever harbored us, and it was all in our fault to have implicated you, your families and your property. Third, the technocrats are out for blood and I'm pretty sure they'll just kill us all given the last hour of events." ...No, not bait. "And last, we won't press you for anything but any help you could render is well good and great."

He turned his attention back to treating Jenna while looking at Anna's response, having said all he wished in less then ten seconds.
Switch to the light rifle, move over to the other end of the building and peek out the windows and doors to get a look outside. Then have a quick talk to the colonists to ask them how they're holding up.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

[Trooper 2 Soak 16] (Pain Negated, can wake up next round)
    Jenna keeps burning the near trooper, [Quickshot 15-3, 1 shot at full power, 3 shots at -1 power, 1 shot at -2 power] continuing to pummel him with pulse lasers. (Armor -14, -11, -9, -7, -6.  HP -2, -2 [15 negated]) The trooper cries out in pain and surprise as his armor steadily burns away. He's not hurt badly, but he's certainly frightened.
   [Tyrin 18, 6+1, 19, 22, 12. 78/75. Operation complete. Bone is field set. Jenna HP +20] Tyrin divides his attention between Jenna and the colonists, doing basic triage on her immediately treatable injuries while simultaneously talking to the colonists. [Diplomacy 10+1] He doesn't say what the colonists expect, but he doesn't exactly say anything particularly forceful.  He sounds like he's apologizing, which, in the middle of a firefight, isn't great timing.
   The colonists mutter in general, but only one of them speaks directly back to Tyrin. "You're in way over your head, kid. Don't thank me for not shooting you, the only reason I haven't is that I have a feeling you'd kill several of us before we put you down, and I'm not willing to risk that." The colonist's voice is rocky and dead cold. To punctuate his statement, he keeps an early model Abassy pointed steadily at Tyrin's head. "As you said, this is your fault, and I'm not hearing anything even close to reason for giving you help. I think you and yours should get out, or we may be forced to make this bloody."
   His quarry out of range and entrenched, the Technocrat sharpshooter starts actively calling in reinforcements. [Hidden Roll]
   Anna presses forwards to look at the other side of the room, and the colonists react immediately. The armed colonists scramble behind cover, every gun turning to point at Anna's chest. "Stop! One more step and we start putting holes in things," the leader of the colonists growls.
    The unarmed colonists press themselves into the corner, out of the way of the fighting. [Anna Observation 16] For the first time, Anna looked at the colonists as something other than numbers with and without guns. There are two older men and two older women, all four in their early middle years. The other nine are all young, from older teenagers to a young girl who couldn't be more than six. The older men are both armed, as is one of the older women, a boy about Tyrin's age who looks to be the speaker's son, and a girl of about fifteen. Taken together, the family resemblance within the two groups is striking. This isn't just a group of colonists who took shelter together, this is a pair of families you have cornered.
    The near trooper [Morale 14+2, no flee] continues to run full-auto, aiming loosely at the door where Jenna is taking cover. There are certainly benefits to technocrat resources, like not having to care about ammo. [Fire Control 14+1-6] Ferric slugs ricochet crazily, and a few lucky bounces clip Jenna and force Tyrin to duck and cover. (Armor -5, -4. HP -10, -4 [2 negated])

((Consider yourself in semi-free dialogue with the colonists. You probably can't discuss the moral dilemmas of 23rd century man, but don't feel too constrained by time.))

Spoiler:  Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Anna Witheld (click to show/hide)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom quickly got to her feet and holstered her Abassy in favor of the shotgun once more. "All right both of you, let's go! After her!" she yelled to the immortals as she took the lead, moving to follow Ashley before she could get far enough to set another trap.

You haul yourself up and rally the immortals into a quick charge. You dodge around the smoking turret and burst through the doors into the maintenance 'lounge'. It's pretty much what you expected. Twenty five double stacked crash bunks occupy most of the floor space, and lockers occupy all of the wall space not given over to the room's three other exits. Two of them are standard manual lock maintenance doors, labeled for sections A and B respectively. The third exit door is pass-coded and features the familiar pair of crimson stripes that denote red maintenance. [Hidden Roll]
   There doesn't seem to be any trace of Ashley, but the door to the red maintenance sector hasn't been shut fully. The reflexes of your old life beg you to close it.   

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

James Evan

James attempts to drag the suits to the cockpit and get the others to help.

[Soak 9+1, failed. New attempt next round] Your head pulses in time with the floor's lurching motion, but you manage to straighten out that you need to go to the cockpit. You make your way forwards through the ship as quickly and carefully as you can manage. The sounds of tortured metal and rushing wind are murder on your ears, and, like the acrid smoke that seems to be seeping from everywhere at once, they only seem to be growing in intensity.
   [Mechanical 17] You reach the door to the cockpit and manage to fumble open the emergency release. It takes you another couple seconds to remember that the door slides down, not sideways, but you manage.
   Hoke is still at the controls, and he seems fine. Most of the controls are dark. That strikes you as a bad thing. Hoke only turns to give you a single surprised look before he turns back to... whatever he's trying to do. He talks to you while he's frantically working on the controls, but his panicked voice is difficult for your sluggish mind to comprehend. [talking 9] You're pretty sure you're missing about half of what he's trying to say. "Jesus, (garble) alive! I can (garble) air (garble) crash. We're (garble) fast (garble) jump. (garble) Tarran?"

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:33:28 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: August 08, 2013, 09:19:39 pm »

Uhh, What are my stats, at this point in time, i dint post a turn because I did not know, or are you waiting for a better time, because I can understand that
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: August 08, 2013, 09:32:12 pm »

Uhh, What are my stats, at this point in time, i dint post a turn because I did not know, or are you waiting for a better time, because I can understand that

Sent you a PM.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: August 08, 2013, 09:42:53 pm »

Anna held up a hand, palm forward, towards the two families in a gesture of peace.

"Relax, I'm not going to do anything to any of you. I just need to move past you to check the other side of the building through the doors and windows."
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 602