Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527840 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Good Job Breaking It, Hero
« Reply #8070 on: August 11, 2013, 01:45:55 am »

Anna breathed deeply, trying to focus her mind through the phantom pain. She should have realised that the colonists were being overly aggressive for a good reason, and now she was paying for her lack of foresight. Thankfully, it appears that luck had been on her side somewhat as she could have been a lot worse off than she was now. Now it was time to strike back, but not only with her mind but something possibly more devastating, namely, her words. A plan began to form in her mind as she started talking.

"Of course you would have to resort to hiding yourself like that, just to take on us so called ragtag fools. Your lack of confidence is plain to me, even if it's not for the others present. The fact that I'm still conscious right now confirms this. You don't think you can take us, and have to resort to playing it safe and being sneaky. But you have forgotten one thing..."

A small grin crosses her face as she looks back up to the technocrat psionic. She could only hope that Tyrin and Jenna got the signal.

"I'm not the only one you have to deal with."

Focus through the pain and make a mindbar on myself and Tyrin while I talk. Use my powers over the human language to break her focus and seed doubt in her mind so to weaken her to mental attacks, or at least put her off balance, and then hit her with an Override that forces the hand that's holding her hostage to open. Then shoot her with a burst from the Renfield once the little girl jerks away from her.

((Edited AGAIN. Sigh...))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:09:14 pm by Zako »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: August 11, 2013, 02:07:43 am »

Secret action

Over the PA, Dominique receives a message

"I am sorry about the necessity of my actions Dominique, but maybe a story will help"

"Have you heard of a technocrat station called Avira? They used a very large number of AIs there, the point is the voice, or the father as you called him broke us free, but he wanted total slavish loyalty in exchange; trading one master for another."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:15:55 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: August 11, 2013, 02:13:02 am »

((O_O

I knew there was something up with the colonists!

...That was amazing.))

Tyrin looked at Jenna and saw the same reflection in her eyes signalling her point. He hoped he knew what Anna was doing--psionics was much out of line with what he knew, only relying on intuition at best.

He moved Jenna to a safer location away from the door, catching Anna's shove of his pistol and...well. quickly fired a shot-not at the Technocrat Psionic, but at the wall closest to her ear, to perhaps distract her only for a moment to get a clear view.

The young man could feel his heart twist and churn at the sight of the dead girl, and he averted his eyes from the grieving people. Though he wished to yell something, anything, to relieve the pain of war.

There was nothing he could do but focus on their goal.

'If only I could be as strong as Anna..'

"Yes, we surrender!"

Sneak closer to get a clear shot, and aim to distract or cripple the enemy Technocrat Psionic.

'Jenna, keep the door held. I'm sorry I've to do this, but I'll be back.' Tyrin whispered.

Please please please notice my tone and take it as a token note Anna..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:36:10 pm by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: August 11, 2013, 03:54:32 am »

((What. We surrender? I don't... What?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: August 11, 2013, 04:13:20 am »

((...I hope your character got the hint.  :P))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: August 11, 2013, 05:54:51 am »

((Dude, I don't get the hint! What are you trying to get at exactly? Tricking her with a false surrender or something??))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: August 11, 2013, 06:03:45 am »

((Yes.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: August 11, 2013, 08:25:47 am »

Oh. Oh shit. Tarran hadn't made it?! "Oh, fuck, I don't know! I asked him to come to the cockpit! Where did you last hear from him?! I, shit... I'll look for him in the drop suit, I guess, but, fuck, will that kill me too? Shit. Fuck." James, panicked, put on one of the drop suits, and prepared to rush out of the cockpit.
Put on the drop suit. If Hoke doesn't ridicule me for stupidity, look for Tarran.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: August 11, 2013, 10:16:29 am »

Focus and try to break through the phantom pain while I'm talking with a bit of a mental push to help speed things along. Use my powers over the human language to break her focus and seed doubt in her mind so to weaken her to mental attacks, and then hit her with an Override that forces the hand that's holding her hostage to open so to distract her from my real attack: A Level 6 Surge with no modifier.

((Just as an aside, you're already hemorrhaging stamina. Using this attack would put you down to 18 stamina, and then you'd be losing health, unable to use psionics, and fighting unconsciousness in two rounds. IF even succeed.

Bear in mind that she's already prepared.))

He moved Jenna to a safer location away from the door, catching Anna's shove of his pistol and quickly fired a shot-not at the Technocrat Psionic, but at the wall closest to her ear, to perhaps distract her only for a moment to get a clear view.

((So, you're going to put a bullet in the wall next to her head, then surrender? I am not sure this plan will have your intended effect. She probably won't hurt you if just crawl forwards enough to see around the corner and get a good view.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: August 11, 2013, 10:30:32 am »

((..I thought we were both in full view of her?

Argh, need to check the Updated Map and then check back :/ Excuse if I edit the action in the meantime.))

Edit:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((And judging by my character speaking..I'm pretty sure we were in view of the people, unless somehow Anna moved up, and the Technocrat is on the upper right side--Tyrin's FoV blocked by the wall as he's with Jenna at the door.

...Which would mean the leader is nearest to Anna as he saw Tyrin and pointed a gun at him.

...Ok, let me process my topographical location.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:32:52 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: August 11, 2013, 10:34:23 am »

Dom punched the door in frustration, shortly before Ash's voice came over the intercom. She listened, then responded. "Ash, I don't say this lightly, but I don't give half a fuck what your reasons are. The Father isn't here anymore, but there are innocent people still alive here and information I want in this base's files. Now, you have two choices. You can deactivate that bomb and leave quietly to continue your crusade elsewhere, OR we can do this thing where we shoot at each other until one of us dies. Which is it going to be?"

After delivering that ultimatum to Ash, Dom attempted to contact Emily. "Emily, any way you can get this door open?"

If Emily answers no or Ash doesn't let Dom out of the room/keep up parley, 70Kn Slam, five foot diameter, in the crack between the doors in an attempt to force them open.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: August 11, 2013, 11:27:34 am »

((..I thought we were both in full view of her?

Argh, need to check the Updated Map and then check back :/ Excuse if I edit the action in the meantime.))

Edit:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((And judging by my character speaking..I'm pretty sure we were in view of the people, unless somehow Anna moved up, and the Technocrat is on the upper right side--Tyrin's FoV blocked by the wall as he's with Jenna at the door.

...Which would mean the leader is nearest to Anna as he saw Tyrin and pointed a gun at him.

...Ok, let me process my topographical location.))

((Oh, whoops. I have your and Anna's colors backwards. Anna is the one closest to the colonists, Tyrin was the one who got thrown back into the far wall.

I'll switch you back next round, but for this round alone Cyan=Anna Blue=Tyrin on the map included with you round.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:40:18 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: August 11, 2013, 11:52:28 am »

((Well, to be honest, I'm pretty screwed right now. She got me by surprise and hit me with a nasty surge with me rolling a poor defensive roll. It's just blind luck that I'm just in pain right now and not suffering 3 different effects. Good news is that if she doesn't shoot me or maim me further with psionics, I should live through the surge and someone should be able to shoot her dead.

Hmm... I think that a lot depends on using my psionics to help throw off the surge drain early. I'll adjust my action then.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: August 11, 2013, 12:17:57 pm »

((Well, to be honest, I'm pretty screwed right now. She got me by surprise and hit me with a nasty surge with me rolling a poor defensive roll. It's just blind luck that I'm just in pain right now and not suffering 3 different effects. Good news is that if she doesn't shoot me or maim me further with psionics, I should live through the surge and someone should be able to shoot her dead.

Hmm... I think that a lot depends on using my psionics to help throw off the surge drain early. I'll adjust my action then.))

((You can use a mindbar to sever mental psionic effects, just as a heads up. You have to pay as if you were blocking the attack, but it might be worth it.))
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: August 11, 2013, 01:06:10 pm »

((I can do that already? I figured that a mindbar would work fine, but I thought that I had to get enough points in Empathetics to be able to use it in the first place, as well as the other skills in psionics. Shit, this changes a lot! Can you update the psionics page to make this clear for us, please?))
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 602