Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527442 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Lazarus Rising
« Reply #7905 on: July 04, 2013, 06:11:46 am »

Well, he was always referred to as Jamie but I'm pretty sure that's a pet name for James, PM. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: July 04, 2013, 02:45:21 pm »

>.>

...You know, the pause has had its good effects: I'm older, more mature, and smarter nowadays, and I've become a lot better at roleplay.
Now I can play James with more of a personality, more that I intended instead of my stumbling attempts at RP.
Expect: Less suicidal recklessness because I am now capable of thinking- though it'll still be there, since that's James :P
About the same amount of clumsy goofiness.
Muuuch more piousness. Much more.

also i am now less whiny
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:02:42 pm by Powder Miner »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: July 04, 2013, 08:24:37 pm »

Stats and stuff check out? It's late here and my tired self may have missed something.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:55:20 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: July 04, 2013, 10:17:49 pm »

Reading back:
Oh my dear God was I made of stupid.
I... I got to my actions in the quarantine. Can... I reach into my own skull and crush my eye out of frustration?
James' character was honestly so all over the place that I'll pretty much have to remake his personality altogether, arrgh.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:26:43 pm by Powder Miner »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: July 04, 2013, 10:24:14 pm »

Aww, no villain sheets anymore! Ah well.
Character sheet will be posted here.
Never mind on that!
Though it'll take some deciding on whether I want to be a good guy or bad. I'll probably make a sheet for both.
Are we allowed psionic characters?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:38:17 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: July 05, 2013, 04:53:30 am »

Here's a sheet for the waitlist, may expand bio as I read on.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:34:51 pm by Harry Baldman »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: July 05, 2013, 08:33:10 am »

Are we allowed psionic characters?

Yes, (I'm assuming you mean pre-oriented psionics, since psionic potential is automatic for everyone but the Motherless Sons) but that will have to effect your backstory. You could be a renegade Technocrat psionic, an Unchained soldier, an Independent who turned his back on the rebellion, or any other possibility that would have been put through an orientation machine at some point. You just can't be the guy who worked 9 to 5 servicing Technocrat ships and spent the weekends getting drunk with his friends AND have already active psionics. (Unless you've got a really good reason, in which case I may run with it.)

After I've got the synopsis done (right up to where Caine visits the party in Hensfield's Quarantine/Drunk Tank) I am going to update the character creation section to keep new characters from being quite so far behind on the grind. The actual ratios for derived statistics will also be included, which I think might be better for everyone.

Do note that there is still the re-scramble where I dump in the new skills and mechanics and let everyone shuffle their skills around once (within reason, Tarran Smith's couldn't suddenly forget marksman so he could dump his points into medicine), so get your concepts down, but don't agonize over stats.

Here's a sheet for the waitlist, may expand bio as I read on.

Like the character, curious about the scars, but I'm sure I'll find out some day.

Stats and stuff check out? It's late here and my tired self may have missed something.

Your numbers check out, sheet looks good.

Well, he was always referred to as Jamie but I'm pretty sure that's a pet name for James, PM. :P

Actually his first name was Jamie. It's one of those weird names that was originally a feminized version of a male name, then wrapped around a couple hundred years later to become a guys name again.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:50:17 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: July 05, 2013, 10:51:30 am »

Alright, here's my character. I hope we get to choose what psionics we get later if we don't start out with any...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: July 05, 2013, 10:55:31 am »

Actually his first name was Jamie. It's one of those weird names that was originally a feminized version of a male name, then wrapped around a couple hundred years later to become a guys name again.

Ah. Well, in that case I have some editing to do.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #7914 on: July 05, 2013, 02:39:56 pm »

4. Taric is not the Final boss.
Are you still sure about this?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #7915 on: July 05, 2013, 02:41:28 pm »

Oh come on :C

Mid-game boss atleast? Or am I nominally one of the "Good guys"?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: July 05, 2013, 10:35:41 pm »

Or am I nominally one of the "Good guys"?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! oh.... *Wipes tear from eye*

Taricus, you make me laugh.

Alright, here's my character. I hope we get to choose what psionics we get later if we don't start out with any...

You explicitly mention that she is an Unchained operative, thus you can start with psionic abilities. If you don't have anything in your bio about where (or who) you got your orientation from, then I'll default to her being oriented with the rest of the other known unchained at the Mahdavi prison.

Mildly Important PPE: I have long had trouble deciding how to run waitlists, and, while a "first come, first served" system is a venerable and workable system, I think it is time for something different. The new system is three-fold. The first part of acceptance is judged by how well I like your character (not you personally), the second is based off how well your character can be shoehorned into the story, and the third is based off a vote by the existing players. (A PMed vote, to avoid the obvious issues)

Example: Bob Boberton creates a fantastic character who happens to be a left-handed glass blower. The character sheet is a fun read, and it sounds like it will play well, though I'm slightly worried about the tone of the character. Luckily, it just so happens that I have the perfect opening for a left-handed glass blower during a particular scene, so there's no real problem there. However, my current players (who are all WAAAYYY more active on this forum than I am) inform me that Bob Boberton, while a creative genius, is a complete dick who has the same fun-sucking effect as a giant leech possessed by Michael Bloomberg, and thus cast their votes elsewhere.

Make sense?

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: July 05, 2013, 10:43:30 pm »

Well, I made the GM laugh atleast. Good sign :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: July 06, 2013, 12:28:32 am »

Oh good. The problem being is that I don't have anywhere enough points TO spend on Psionic abilities without neglecting the overall point of my character, which is to be a charismatic informative...

Can something be done about this? I would love to play a unchained psionic that utilizes less kinetics and more mind games than any of the other characters so far (Taric sort of doesn't count since he utilizes tech more than active psionic abilities). And I'm fine with having her orientation happen with the rest of the other unchained, since that makes perfect sense. What rolls did Dom make when she tried doing an orientation by herself on James anyway?

I can see the positives behind the new player joining system, but I don't know what you would do if you approve of the first two and the last one goes completely in the opposite direction, or any other combination of for and against.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: July 06, 2013, 08:34:44 am »

When the team went through orientation, they all got five extra points to spend on psionics only. I assume you would get those points too.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 602