Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527343 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Lazarus Rising
« Reply #7920 on: July 06, 2013, 08:45:16 am »

Oh good. The problem being is that I don't have anywhere enough points TO spend on Psionic abilities without neglecting the overall point of my character, which is to be a charismatic informative...

Yeah, I know. As I mentioned earlier, the character creation + skill overhaul is going to be my first stop after finishing the synopsis (which should be done today). You will probably have at least 7 additional skill points to spend (some of which will be exclusively for psionics) and a couple extra attribute points.

I can see the positives behind the new player joining system, but I don't know what you would do if you approve of the first two and the last one goes completely in the opposite direction, or any other combination of for and against.

It's not a hard and fast point system, It's just a way for me to make a slightly more intelligent decision. If I only have Bob Boberton on the waitlist, then he'd probably still get in. However, if I had Bob Boberton and the three (four, counting Xantalos) people who've re-signed up so far, then I can pick someone who also had a great character but might have been a little bit trickier to fit into the game. 

Right now, with four people on the new waiting list and somewhere between three and four spots open, it really isn't that much of a problem. 

What rolls did Dom make when she tried doing an orientation by herself on James anyway?

Active Empathetics twice, Passive Empathetics, Will, and Luck.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: July 06, 2013, 02:18:40 pm »

Question: how much to Psionics cost?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: July 06, 2013, 02:43:54 pm »

Question: how much to Psionics cost?

Depends on what you're asking. If were talking about abilities, then you get your first set for free, and everything else is under the aegis of a new point-buy system that Serious has partially tested for me. If we're talking about usage, then the costs are detailed on the wiki page. (Link is in the first post)

Now, SYNOPSIS! It's far from being a complete history of events, but I think it covers most of the bases.

Any Questions, anything important I left out?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:00:37 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: July 06, 2013, 05:30:02 pm »

Double Post.

In addition to the new and snazzy synopsis, character creation has been updated, stats and skills now shows you the formulas for the derived stats (not the same as the old ones, in case anybody wondered), and the skills have all been updated as well.

Existing players may reshuffle now, should they desire.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:34:13 pm by Draignean »
---

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: July 06, 2013, 05:37:06 pm »

Sheet adjusted, added 1 stat point into Will and 2 skill points into Medicine.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: July 06, 2013, 05:56:45 pm »

Due to excessive laziness and not much need to in the first place, I don't much wish to reshuffle.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: July 06, 2013, 05:57:01 pm »

Can I just reshuffle all my #/8ths into points towards Stamina? Other than that, I think I'm good... unless I can also lower my Dex by 1 and raise my Will by 1. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: July 06, 2013, 07:51:15 pm »

Can I just reshuffle all my #/8ths into points towards Stamina? Other than that, I think I'm good...
Due to excessive laziness and not much need to in the first place, I don't much wish to reshuffle.

Are you both sure? The new skills have been added, which means that NOBODY (with the exception of Baldman's character) has any points in Fire Control, Systems Manipulation, Observation, Mobility, Medicine, Reflex, Finesse, Reclamation, or Control.

---

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: July 06, 2013, 07:55:54 pm »

Updated to include changes.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:15:32 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: July 06, 2013, 08:07:07 pm »

Eh, all right. I'll think about it some more, maybe look at the other characters and see what we need.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: July 06, 2013, 09:31:03 pm »

Let's check through those... The only one of those I might possibly want to put points into is reflex, and James isn't Dex-based anyway. Let's go through them.
Fire Control: Not even a gunner, not even.
Systems Manip: Not unless this involves punching computers.
Observation: This is the man who shieldcharged a wall of ants and who attempted to push down a six foot steel door.
Mobility: Ehhh maybe.
Medicine: Hahaha, the one times James tried to medicate anyone (himself) he repeatedly shanked himself with a needle.
Reflex: Maybe.
Finesse: Nah.
Reclamation, and Control: Not sure what these do, guess I'll check.

...Well, I'd reshuffle, but I have almost nothing to reshuffle in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:33:29 pm by Powder Miner »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: July 06, 2013, 09:36:18 pm »

Hmm. Do we get any extra skill points to put in the new stuff, or are we stuck reshuffling what we already have?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: July 06, 2013, 10:27:12 pm »

Well, there are eight new non-psi skills. I originally gave out 5 points to buy from fourteen non-psi skills, so there's essentially 50% more skills to spend points on...

Powder, I'll allow you three extra points to spend.
Serious... you just got ten additional skill points from orientation. I'll give you one additional skill point to work with.

Newbies, you've already been adjusted.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: July 06, 2013, 11:48:34 pm »

Cool beans! Here's my new sheet:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: July 07, 2013, 04:14:41 am »

Ah. I forgot that I did. ^^^; Sorry. Here's my reshuffle, if allowed:

Skills: Stamina 4, Soaking 2, Melee 1, Passive Kinetics 3, active Kinetics 6, Active empathetics 3, Passive Empathetics 4, Control 2

Strength (Str): 9
Dexterity (Dex): 3
Endurance (End): 10
Charisma (Char): 1
Intelligence (Int): 3
Willpower: (Will): 6

Also, could you refresh my memory on my psionics? I'm pretty sure I have Kinesthesia, Telekinesis, Slam, Heavy Manipulation, and Blade. I think I have Shear. Other than that I don't remember what I have.
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 602