Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527629 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Way to take a hint.
« Reply #7725 on: December 17, 2012, 12:22:43 am »

:|

:| :| :| :| :|

"Dom... But... it wasn't all your fault... I..." Tarran said as Dom went down the elevator.

Holding in air, he made an effort to approach this as calmly and hopefully as possible.

"Okay, James, let's... find those people. ...Any ideas? Because Hoke didn't say where they were."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: December 17, 2012, 08:56:46 am »

Because Hoke didn't say where they were."

*cough*
I will wait for you in the maintenance hangar if I can.
*cough*
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: December 17, 2012, 11:29:07 am »

(Tarran meant Ahra's crew, but to be fair Hoke also said he didn't know where they were either.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: December 17, 2012, 02:38:16 pm »

Yes, I meant Ahra's crew. Hoke himself said that he doesn't know where they were.
Sent people to help you, but I don't really know where they are.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: December 17, 2012, 07:31:04 pm »

Sorry, carry on. Have I think me brain my damage.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: December 17, 2012, 07:43:15 pm »

Worry don't, share we can in our damage brains like bros.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: December 17, 2012, 08:00:56 pm »

James found himself not quite knowing what to say, until the doors closed. "But... ... ...why? Just... Right. The... the people. Uh... Maybe we should check around... uh... I really don't know this facility, at all. I guess I'll just follow you?" James follows Tarran and adds confused commentary.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: December 17, 2012, 08:18:49 pm »

Go back to the elevators we used to get to this floor and examine the area around them.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:24:06 pm by Tarran »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: December 18, 2012, 01:52:10 am »

"Is this an Technocrat Hack-safe door or merely hard to break down one?
And please tell me there are compressed gas units somewhere in there?"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:53:58 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: December 18, 2012, 04:32:42 pm »

Tarran Smith and James Evan

Go back to the elevators we used to get to this floor and examine the area around them.
James found himself not quite knowing what to say, until the doors closed. "But... ... ...why? Just... Right. The... the people. Uh... Maybe we should check around... uh... I really don't know this facility, at all. I guess I'll just follow you?" James follows Tarran and adds confused commentary.

James and Tarran react similarly to Dom's withdrawal, staring at the elevator and making confused attempts to reason with the closed doors. Tarran gets a grip on himself first, turning with an attempt at unfelt decisiveness. James follows slowly in his wake, still mumbling in confusion. Dom made her choice, a seemingly pointless and stupid choice, but still hers. Tarran had been made the leader back with the unchained, but that hardly made him accountable for her every action. Hell, with a woman like Dominique it would be irrational to think that he had any guilt from not trying to talk her out of that suicide run, no matter what his rank was. Tarran could almost convince himself of that.
    Finding the way back to the elevators they arrived in was a simple matter of looking at the arrow laden wallscreens and going in the direction opposite their indicator. [Observation 4] [Observation 3] Tarran immediately starts inspecting the area around the elevators on arrival, and James, for lack of anything else, helps. Holographic signage is enough to tell them that Scanner offices are on the right immediately after the elevators and that clerks offices are on the first left. A few more holographic tags on turn-offs and doors start to paint a picture of the level. Every office, whether for prelates or for shift managers, is largely a paper pushing position with little power beyond the civilian or light security hierarchy. You would guess that the pattern will remain the same across the level.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"We have to get to Floor 22. Hoke, I don't want to die either, but I can't just abandon him. I'm sorry. Maybe I'll see you again. If I'm lucky." Dom stepped into the elevator and pressed the 'door close' button. As soon as she did, she leveled her Abassy at Tarran's face so the laser sight was centered on his forehead. "Sorry, Boss. I gotta do this on my own. It's a suicide mission, and I'm the one who should have been keeping an eye on Taric. I can't risk you two dying because of my mistake. Boss, take James and you get the hell out of here. Find those guys Hoke was talking about and get to him. If I... No, I'll make it back, with Sizier. Hoke said he can track us and when you meet up with him, you can ask him about me." When the doors slid closed, Dom pressed the Floor 22 button.

Coincidental... I get marked as a Deviation 22 as do the rest of the guys, and they're keeping him on Floor 22. It feels almost like destiny. Jeffrey... Dom looked at the Abassy in her hand. Were you a 22, as well? Were you taken here? Dear God... what if you were one of those poor bastards locked in a suit? It's been so long since you were taken from our bed... She slumped into a corner of the elevator and covered her eyes with her free hand. What do I do, Jeff? Do I just go in shooting and hope to get to Taric before they off him, if he's even still alive? Or do I wait and hope that when I need to, I can take them out? She released a shuddering breath and turned her gaze up to watch the floor display until it reached her destination.

An oddly lonely feeling enfolds you as the elevator doors click shut, cutting you off from the only people in the world you could be sure want to help you. Still, it's what had to be done. What had to be done. Tarran's a good guy when he's not on his high horse, and he'll help get Hoke and the people he mentioned out. He'll be alive to do that because of what you're doing. You slump in the corner of the elevator and finger your Abassy, brooding as the elevator descends. The screaming radio gets progressively quieter as the elevator descends, cutting out abruptly around floor fourteen. Without the option to listen to its wordless invective there's nothing left to do but watch the elevator's display tick away the floors.
   Your hands tighten on the Abassy's grip as the elevator slows five floors short of twenty-two. The Father arranged for the empty elevator to meet you, and he's already arranged for where it's going to be sent. Now he's going to make you fight your way down five floors while trying to break you or put you into a suit. You could almost laugh if it wasn't so senseless.
   You aim the Abassy straight out as the elevator doors begin to open, preparing to punch holes in the first ugly bastard to get in your way. The list of candidates nearly takes your breath away. The laser of the Abassy plays over a double file of Immortals, deadheads, and security robots. They face one another, an honor guard as still as stone. You stop counting at ten on a side and prepare to die.
   "There's been a change of plans." You almost jump as the cold clear voice spikes through the radio. You stand frozen as the doors slide shut again and the elevator starts carrying you downwards again. He had you dead to rights, and now he's taking you where you want to go. [Int 2] No explanation comes to mind, but you're admittedly a little jarred from having just escaped certain death.
     At the bottom of floor twenty-one the elevator shifts oddly, seeming to move sideways as much as down. You stand ready once more as the doors open, but this time there are no immortals with guns, no security bots waiting to stun you into insensibility, no deadheads ready to assist your head to the floor like a troupe of evil boyscouts. The elevator, and there is only one elevator now, opens out into a plain concrete room. It's a bit of a let down compared to the massive multi-tiered restaurant. A single door makes up the far well, blackened and discolored from attempts to burn or drill through, but without the scars or pits of real damage. The only other feature is a security booth; a box of clear polymer sheets enclosing a desk, terminal, and elevator facing firing port. You can see two humanoids through the walls of the booth, one wearing a plain security jacket and seated in front of the terminal, the other standing rigidly in place, its silhouette made bulky by carapace armor.  The incongruously cheery sound of the elevator doors opening makes the jacked man turn to look at you, a faint smile playing across features that are half covered in barely congealed blood. He stands and saunters out of the security booth with the Immortal heeling him.
    "Hello, Dominique," Taric says, leaning against the exterior of the security booth with a smug smile. The fan of blood from his missing eye makes the expression somehow... predatory.

---

Aaron White

"Is this an Technocrat Hack-safe door or merely hard to break down one?
And please tell me there are compressed gas units somewhere in there?"

"As hack safe as the last door I tried to work," Paula says grimly, still eyeing the blinking red arrow. "But I believe you remember how that turned out for us. As to the compressed gas, definitely. Assuming we can get into one of the engineering storerooms."
    You nod thoughtfully, but Harry and Cale shift uncertainly when Paula mentions that last failed bypass.

---

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Security Card November (Dom)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)
Jake's Engraved Plate (Dom)
Radio (Dom) [On]

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: December 18, 2012, 04:52:50 pm »

Father is up to something sneaky. Either that or it's got multiple personalities.

Also, am I the only one to find it a bit unusual that Taric is so calm after losing an eye and addressing Dom in full name?

Take a peek in both the scanner offices and clerk offices. Just a small peek into the door, not a whole room inspection.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: December 18, 2012, 05:03:34 pm »

Inopportunate time for me to jump back in? :P

EDIT: Wait, when did Taric lose an eye?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: December 18, 2012, 05:58:50 pm »

Dominique swallowed and got to her feet, keeping her Abassy held low by her hips. She flicked the safety off. "That really you, Sizier?" she asked. "What the hell's going on?"

(He got his eye ripped out when he got abducted off-screen.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: December 18, 2012, 07:16:14 pm »

"Hm, scanner offices... Used to be a scanner for a while... shotgun crates... Anyway, I'll check the scanner office." James went and looked at the scanner offices.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: December 18, 2012, 07:28:40 pm »

Also, am I the only one to find it a bit unusual that Taric is so calm after losing an eye and addressing Dom in full name?

(You're not the only one. :P While it's true Sizier is pretty much literally insane and doesn't react to things like a normal person would, even he would probably be a little upset at losing an eye. His calmness and the fact he called her by her full name tipped Dom off that something's not right here.)
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 602