Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527540 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Way to take a hint.
« Reply #7740 on: December 18, 2012, 07:48:36 pm »

((Hmmm, the Father's involved, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT POSSIBLY COULD HAVE HAPPENED  NO SIRREE))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: December 18, 2012, 08:11:11 pm »

...Maybe they did something to his missing eye's socket. I remember how the suits took over: Via eye or something like that.

I mean, it would build on the fact that they cut out his eye and it would also be really hard to find out about.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:14:02 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: December 18, 2012, 08:14:06 pm »

(It's true that Draignean said nothing about an empty eye socket, only that he didn't have one of his eyes... but I think I'm gonna take a 'wait and see' approach for at least the first little bit.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: December 18, 2012, 09:01:58 pm »

Inopportunate time for me to jump back in? :P

((Yes. Sorry man, but you and Ash have been removed from the player list officially. I have assumed direct control. Feel free to rejoin the waitlist after Joben.))

Dominique swallowed and got to her feet, keeping her Abassy held low by her hips. She flicked the safety off. "That really you, Sizier?" she asked. "What the hell's going on?"

Sizier's smile broadens. "Tarran's a dick with a small dick, you hit people to get their attention, and James, well he's sleeping not-quite-so-beauty, good enough?" He shrugs casually and spreads his hands. "I'm mostly me. I admit, there have been some recent changes, some less pleasant than others, but I like to think they've been for the better." One of his hands twitches up unconsciously, almost touching his missing eye before he lets it fall again.  "As to 'what the hell's going on', well..." Taric straightens and snaps his fingers. The immortal heeling him contorts and stretches, bending back behind itself until its metallic chitin scrapes and creaks. The shape it assumes is oddly similar to a chair, and Taric sits in it freely, lounging on a biological throne. "There has been a slight change in local management, and I brought you here so you can help me, and help yourself in the bargain."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:59:16 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: December 18, 2012, 09:11:41 pm »

"What are you talking about? Seriously, dude, explain yourself. I'm hardly in the mood for this shit and you're REALLY freaking me the fuck out," Dom said, running a thumb along the side of the Abassy.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: December 19, 2012, 01:48:17 am »

"What are you talking about? Seriously, dude, explain yourself. I'm hardly in the mood for this shit and you're REALLY freaking me the fuck out," Dom said, running a thumb along the side of the Abassy.

Sizier shrugs. "From the beginning? I got clubbed down while collecting a few valuable components from that little machine shop. Didn't know what was happening until it was too late. That was unpleasant. They cut my eye out then, cut it and left it along with the radio. That was worse." A frown flickers across his face, gone again as quickly as it appeared. "I was barely conscious for most of the descent, I remember traveling down many floors and little more, but I was awake enough to resist when they forced me into a calibrator. Not geared for humans, just used to reprogram the neural net for a bio-suit, but it had been hotwired to record and re-write more... complex patterns." Taric leans forward, making the Immortal's impossible balance waver. There's an odd note in his voice, almost wonder. "Everyone who He has ever taken is still in there, still alive, or they were before I was brought in. The Father isn't one AI matrix, not even a corrupt and unbalanced one, he's an ocean of copies. Being taken into it was an... interesting experience. I think most of the personalities that integrate go insane within minutes, but I had an advantage." Taric taps the side of his head and smiles. "I've always hacked traditionally, hands and code, but I had no hands. In the circumstances I was forced to improvise. I've never worked on a personality profile before, so I copied from the only one I could trust and changed the rest until they mirrored it. I forced them all to become me, or as near enough as I could remember. I think the effort would have killed me had I attempted it against the whole of the Father, but Ashley Fey's work ensured that I was dealing with only a fraction of his strength. I was still... damaged, and I had to rewrite myself from the copies I made, but I survived. I co-opted the remainder of the father, and disengaged the calibrator. The Is that remained in the system gave the orders for me to be obeyed implicitly, and so here I am, taking over the Father's work." A lightning grin mocks the blood on his face. "And his army."
     Taric shakes his head, his tone sharpening as the grin fades. "I think you're afraid. You shouldn't be. I make the rules here, and I don't want you to die, yet. I want you to help me. We never had a choice before, never. If it had been the Technocrats instead of the Unchained who took us in when we crashed outside the prison we'd be working for them, same if it had been the independents. Tarran's plan, if he even has one, probably involves giving this base to the Unchained in exchange for a pat on the head, leaving us at their mercy once again. With my army, and what's behind this door," he says, jerking his head toward the massive blast door, "we will be our own faction. That door was made to be opened by a psionic, someone capable of empathetics and kinetics. I've disabled the empathetic countermeasures, but I don't have the strength to unbind the kinetic locks. You threatened Tarran's life if he followed you, so I know you aren't enamored of him or his command. Help me, Dominique, and I will set you just one step below me.  Help me, and I'll give you anything you can ask for."

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: December 19, 2012, 02:16:23 am »

Dom continued to fidget with her gun, wondering which one of them she would shoot if it even came to it. "Taric..." she trailed off, unable to continue on. This was a really heavy decision to be placed on her. "...I don't, I don't know if I can make that choice right now. I mean, fuck, man. I came down here preparing to die trying to rescue you and give Boss and James a small distraction so they could escape. Shit. This is kinda ridiculous." She placed her free hand to her forehead and rubbed it. "I can't decide without knowing what's gonna happen. I mean, I could shoot you right now... or I could help you, and I don't know what'll happen. So tell me. If I help you, what's going to happen to Tarran and James and Hoke and whoever the fuck else is still alive in this base? What's going to happen to them if I don't?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: December 19, 2012, 02:34:12 am »

Suddenly, Taric is the Big Bad and is using his human leverage to recruit followers. Genuinely didn't expect that.

Meanwhile Tarran and James are frozen mid walk. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: December 19, 2012, 04:16:39 am »

(It is indeed an interesting turn. I wonder if he's going to tell me the truth or not. Currently, though, I'm actually leaning a little bit toward helping him.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: December 19, 2012, 04:23:47 am »

As long as it doesn't result in everyone else getting killed and you possibly being put in a suit in your sleep I'm fine with it too.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: December 19, 2012, 04:26:21 am »

(Well, that goes without saying. :P I don't think Taric - even corrupted as he is - would suit Dom up. Anyway, yeah. If my helping him spells trouble for the rest of the team, it's gun fight time. If it doesn't, I'm probably going to go along with it... but seriously, this is a major decision and I am going to have to think about it a bit before I can decide what to do. ^^^;)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: December 19, 2012, 07:26:09 am »

I dont really think the survivors would suddenly trust someone who essentially IS the father, individually iŽd vouch for it.
But the group thats huddled in relative safety?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: December 19, 2012, 11:39:06 am »

With the way things are going now, I'm completely fine with this Draig. Not going to join the waitlist though, not with one of my own characters ascended into a villian (That, and I could cajole you into PMing me some stuff about that as well) :P

I'd REALLY hate to be on the wrong side of that army though, what with his mental state :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: December 19, 2012, 01:10:21 pm »

I may remember wrong but Technocrat warships in orbit? Probably searching for you?
How would the army help when you may have a few dozen bio-suits right now vs whatever military prescense on the ships, you NEED the survivors in suits, Tech probably have override codes to shut down defensive systems and contol of the facility and waltz in to give more problems.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: December 19, 2012, 01:16:58 pm »

Dom continued to fidget with her gun, wondering which one of them she would shoot if it even came to it. "Taric..." she trailed off, unable to continue on. This was a really heavy decision to be placed on her. "...I don't, I don't know if I can make that choice right now. I mean, fuck, man. I came down here preparing to die trying to rescue you and give Boss and James a small distraction so they could escape. Shit. This is kinda ridiculous." She placed her free hand to her forehead and rubbed it. "I can't decide without knowing what's gonna happen. I mean, I could shoot you right now... or I could help you, and I don't know what'll happen. So tell me. If I help you, what's going to happen to Tarran and James and Hoke and whoever the fuck else is still alive in this base? What's going to happen to them if I don't?"

"I suppose I could let Tarran and James go, I'm guessing that's what you want. I would enjoy some small revenges against Tarran, but I'm willing to accept that I can't have everything I want. Ashley and the remaining member of her team must die, preferably soon, but that's a necessity rather than a pleasure. As to the rest of the survivors here..." Sizier shrugs. "I still need people to fill the new suits I'm going to breed. Their bodies will service that as well as any." Taric's tone hardens and he steeples his fingers. "Now, if you decide not to help me, not much changes. Tarran and James will probably meet unpleasant ends, you yourself will be subdued and I will take what I need from you, and then everything happens as before. Of course, events will happen without you, Tarran, James, or Hoke being alive to see them, but that is a very small change when you consider the scope of events. I want you on my side Dom, my only other company is the thousand hamstrung copies of myself that now control this place, but I don't need you on my side. I will have your help, the only choice is whether you give it willingly and take command, or whether you're more comfortable dying alone after I've taken what I need. I like you as much as I like anyone, but I won't let you stop me."
---
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 602