Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526454 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Why Tarran should not give lessons in morality.
« Reply #7365 on: August 24, 2012, 11:17:26 am »

"Fuck! Shit! Boss, I need some fucking help over here!" Dom attempted to get the bot off of her with her heavy manipulation, violently throwing it to the side.

(Not sure how heavy it is, but I have a ton of stamina and I'm burning fifty points for 750 pounds of movement and throwing it against the nearest wall.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: August 24, 2012, 11:25:32 am »

"You'd hated me when I last met you too, up until the point where I shot some sort of... corruption off of you." Keep conversing with the shadow for a while, watching to see if the mold grows.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: August 24, 2012, 01:22:02 pm »

"Lets go boldly into the unknown... yeah, hell no,
im getting to observation, should be a layout of the floor there.
Oh, please fight any loss of consciousness, or im strapping the phoenix on you, overload it, and chuck it at whatever needs to die... unless its paula"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: August 25, 2012, 11:00:38 pm »

I've got a family affair for this weekend and there is a strong probability that it's going to bleed into Monday as well. In addition, I will be attending a wedding (not mine) on the 1st, so around that time may be sporadic as well.

Probably too tired to do anything tonight. Maybe tomorrow in the morning, before people start arriving.

Just your bi-annual Draig update.

Oh, please fight any loss of consciousness, or im strapping the phoenix on you, overload it, and chuck it at whatever needs to die... unless its paula"

Clarification: Are you going to head up to observation alone, or are you going to take the team with you?

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: August 26, 2012, 02:06:50 am »

"Ah shit. Jake, your choice, you can follow me and do your best to not get killed, or you can stay here and hope that nothing comes from behind. Either way I need to support Dom apparently."

Rush over to Dom.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: August 26, 2012, 03:47:06 am »

Team: I have read enough of this facility to be paranoid about that.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: August 28, 2012, 06:53:00 pm »

Baaaack.

Protip: No matter how much sense it makes, don't tell a woman that the yoga stretch "one humped camel" is very aptly named as part of her pregnancy routine. Everyone will take it as a dirty joke instead of a simple observation.

Running something indistinguishable from a turn, but with 900% less carbohydrates and 3.141592654% less saturated fat than a regular turn.*

*These figures are not based on scientific fact, or even sane and rationally minded thinking for that matter.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: August 28, 2012, 07:57:52 pm »

*These figures are not based on scientific fact, or even sane and rationally minded thinking for that matter.
so like politics
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: August 28, 2012, 08:51:26 pm »

Dominique Wakeman, Taric Sizier

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The remaining arms of the robot pinning Dom to the floor start to hum noticeably, and the integrated disruptors fire a split second later. (LAE bot charge -30) [Quickshot 6+2] [Confirm Critical 1 Vs 4, Confirm Failed] [Quickshot 4+1+2] [Confirm critical 5 Vs 2, Critical Confirmed] [Quickshot 5+1+2] [Confirm Critical 4 Vs 3, Critical Confirmed] Dominique's back arches involuntarily as all three point blank pulses strike home, sending sparks and the smell of burning flesh and armor into the restaurant. (Armor -7, -6, -4. Stamina -20, -36, -60)

Taric, despite being caught almost as off guard as Dom, depletes the rest of his clip at the hunching bot. [Quickshot 4] [Fire Control 4, 4/4 rounds hit] Iron slugs smash repeatedly into the bot's already battered armor, tearing a new set of holes and fractures into its body. The thing's head whips around to focus on Taric, it's eyeless face regarding him calculatingly. (LAE bot armor -12, -10, -8, -6. HP -2, -5, -4, -4)

Dominique, disoriented, stunned, and smelling strongly of burning hair, [Stamina 3, action lost] flails woodenly under the bot. Coordination and cogent thought have deserted her- searing pain and high-voltage shock therapy having mugged them and tossed their unconscious bodies in a trash compacter.

---

Tarran Smith

"Ah shit. Jake, your choice, you can follow me and do your best to not get killed, or you can stay here and hope that nothing comes from behind. Either way I need to support Dom apparently."

Rush over to Dom.

Judging by the mini-thunderclaps and assault rifle blasts, Dominique has managed to find something else that needs killing. In spite of this, you manage to give a few parting words to Jake. You don't wait for an answer before you turn away, running to Dominique's aid. Jake's choice is his choice, whether you're around to hear it or not won't make a damn bit of difference.
    Jake [Will 1] cowers behind the nearest barricade.

---

James Evan

"You'd hated me when I last met you too, up until the point where I shot some sort of... corruption off of you." Keep conversing with the shadow for a while, watching to see if the mold grows.

You keep your double pinned to the beach, politely explaining to him exactly why you're doing this. His response is a raised eyebrow, [James Diplomacy 1 Vs 3] but stony silence.
   A minute passes, then another. The second minute invites a third and a forth along for drinks, taking on another couple for kicks and grins as the situation utterly fails to develop. The waitress offers you a drink again. You continue to refuse as ably as you can while still keeping yourself pinned into the sand. [Observation 4] You're about to give up hope when you feel something moving under your hands. Something that can't be muscle or tendon briefly swells under your fingers, traveling up his arm and sending numb tingles though your hand. Then, only second or two after it began, the sensation vanishes.
 [Luck 3] The birdsong, if the incessant shriek and caw of tropical shore birds can be called song, vanishes. Completely. The effect, akin to someone flicking a switch that turned off part of the world, is vaguely disturbing.
   Your shadow, pressed into the sand by two people that are as burly as he is, smiles coldly.

---

Aaron White

Telling the group that you're heading up into observation gets most everyone on their feet again. The shifting man will try another tack soon, and you've got the best chance of survival if you stay together. Your additional comment about fighting unconsciousness is met with mixed results; Henry appears to take it seriously (probably good since he's the one you're most likely to have to carry again), but Paula and Cale try to give it a half decent smirk. Gallows humor about using your fallen comrades as bombs might be a bit close to home right now.
   [Luck 2] Your group doesn't even make it halfway through the corridor up to observation before the wallscreens start to shimmer. The blank wall imitating pattern is replaced by something only human in the minutia. It is genderless, each part of its face and body sliding asymmetrically through race, sex, and gender. The only constants with the Shifting Man are, as ever, the voice and expression. He stares out from the wall, looking out at nothing in particular with an expression of wry amusement. "Again, so soon? Your tenacity does your credit, and your resistance is admirable, but your goals... futile." The image's face -Now part black man, part Asian woman, and with a vastly wrinkled forehead topping it off- warps into a sickly attempt at a comforting smile. "Lay down your arms. If you do not resist, you will not be killed. You will live forev-"
   [Strength 4+1] Cale interrupts the Shifting Man by ramming his crude blade through the nearest screen, managing to muster enough force to send a spiderweb fracture throughout the pane. The other screens ahead and behind continue to speak, and both you and Paula look at Cale askance. He shrugs. "I always hated that speech. Hitting him always makes me feel a bit better."
   You snort, but start walking again. Everybody has got to have a hobby, and there are a good many that are worse than Cale's.

A short flight of straight stairs leads you up to a three way intersection, thankfully with the tagging still intact. The path that continues north is labeled for the forward and rear observation, the path leading east says it leads to archived storage, and the west path tells you it goes to elevators and lounge.

Turn Recap
Taric is shooting things
Tarran is dashing off heroically
James is not precisely failing
Dominique is getting her ass beat
Aaron is having to make yet more decisions

Cale is whacking things
Paula is following
Henry is following

Other Events
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)

Spoiler: Enemy (Tarran and Co.) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: August 28, 2012, 09:02:14 pm »

(Well, literally nothing I can do in this situation. Assuming I actually can do something, here's an action.)

7 Stamina slam, minimum penalty, Bot. Unless an arm is free to use the Abassy on it. Otherwise be tazed.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:23:55 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:16 pm »

Try shooting it with your abassy, the high calibur and short range should mess it up a lot more than a low stamina slam would.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: August 28, 2012, 09:08:49 pm »

(Meh. I'm sort of rushed, not really in a good mood.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: August 29, 2012, 12:52:01 am »

"Okay, what did I miss?"

Single-fire my Jormungandr at an arm of the L.A.E bot.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: August 29, 2012, 07:16:44 am »

Sorry about the massive delay, computer issues combined with not noticing the updates

HEad to the second level, and begin search for comunications
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: August 29, 2012, 08:28:20 am »

"Well... anyone got a clue what they storaged in there chaps?"
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 602