Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526168 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Why Tarran should not give lessons in morality.
« Reply #7305 on: August 19, 2012, 07:15:16 pm »

See if I can remember any plans for similar constructions and if so where the central computer would be
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: August 19, 2012, 07:42:47 pm »

I'm on the internet a lot. So of course I'm going to be posting fast if you post turns fast.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: August 19, 2012, 08:18:59 pm »

Posting to say that I'm still alive here guys. I'm still kicking.

But, at this point, I have indeed lost a fair amount of interest in the game... :-\
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: August 19, 2012, 10:32:20 pm »

Posting to say that I'm still alive here guys. I'm still kicking.

But, at this point, I have indeed lost a fair amount of interest in the game... :-\

Which means what? Should I,
a. Continue to update like a flaming jackrabbit while autoing you so there is a possibility that you might come back.
b. Continue to update like a flaming jackrabbit, use you as a meatshield for the party (the same way I use all NPCs), and bump the waitlist up one.
c. Drink myself into a stupor, lamenting and gnashing my teeth, before turning my rage outwards into a serially homicidal fury.

Regardless of the above, I would like to know how I lost your interest. This is, I am still able to claim, my first RTD. Self improvement is mandatory.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: August 19, 2012, 10:37:49 pm »

My loss of interest? I don't know...

I guess due to the lack of things that I "Can" do (Which may be a problem on either side...)

Continue on with a. Though if you could do that in conjunction with c. I'd be happy :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: August 20, 2012, 12:21:25 am »

Tarran Smith

Feel around for a set of stairs.

[Observation 5] You find the spiral stairs down from your current level after only a few seconds of searching. The scattered and partially melted remains of a chair barricade lie in front of it, and you can see at least one withered corpse sprawled out on the steps. You pick your way through the debris carefully, not anxious to repeat your last incident and break your neck falling down the stairs.
    When you reach the edge of the staircase you notice the first sign that this might not have been a complete massacre. The corpse of an immortal, it's armor cracked and flaking, lies face down on the stairs. A piece of bent metal that could, one upon a time, have been some form of cooking utensil, or perhaps a piece of art, runs completely through its skull.
   Mob rules, the staircases would have provided points to engage the immortals in melee, but even that might have only managed a kill ratio of one immortal to twenty-five civilians, and that's being generous.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom got back up and looked around to see if her vision had gotten any better.

Hoping that your brief respite has provided the opportunity for your eyes to get over whatever the hell is wrong with them, you swing your legs off the bench and take a hard look into the darkness. [Observation 6] Darkness that doesn't really seem to be that present anymore.
   Large is an understatement for this place, but that seems to be the mode with most of the main rooms of this place. It doesn't have the sheer size of the Mavaren gardens, but it makes up for it by being far taller and deeper. The room is a rough circle, with one tier of seating running along the outside edge, looking down below. Three staircases and three lifts drop from your tier to the one below, a smaller tier made up of three linked ellipses attached to the to the wall at least twenty feet down. Below that there appears to be a third and final level, but you're too far away from the edge to see down into it. Long, thin spikes extend from the ceiling, stalactites that grow longer the closer they get to the center of the room. [Int 3+1] Holographic amps, more than you've ever seen before in one place before. The reason for the room's sparse decoration and adornment becomes clear; everything would be decorated on the fly. With a place like this you could be dining on a cloud, in the ritziest place you could imagine, on a hilltop during the fury of a thunderstorm, or in the comfort of what looked like your own home. As a former maintenance worker you can only imagine how much of an ungodly pain in the ass the thing must be to keep working.

---

Ashley Fey

See if I can remember any plans for similar constructions and if so where the central computer would be

[Intelligence 5] You really haven't seen enough of the facility to compare the layout to any known structures, but you can make a few decent guesses. A central computer system will probably be fairly deep in the facility, usually between 55% and 75% of the full depth, both to allow it to sink heat into the surrounding earth, and to protect it in the event of orbital bombardment. Comms, as you already worked out, would try to be nearer the surface. Probably on the first secure level of a place like this, while the mainframe would probably be on an inner secure floor.
   [Failed roll not shown] Eight floors to pick, that at least gives you a twelve-and-half percent chance of getting it right.
   Harry looks at you expectantly.

---

James Evans

James began to show the display to Blight, but then decided not to, figuring she wouldn't understand either, deciding to look at "Control Options". "I... don't really understand what this is saying. Wait a minute. ...Control Options?"

You consider asking Blight her opinion, she's already staring at the screen from over your shoulder, but you think better of it. The woman is cobbled together from a mixture of you and Dominique, and if there was ever a person that would be less likely to understand things like Iscariotic duplicates than you are, it would be Her. So instead of asking your companion, you flick over to control options, slowly unfolding the new screen, hoping that it means what you think it means.
   It doesn't. Literally dozens of buttons emblazoned with chemical compounds and medical-ese assail you. [Intelligence 3] You recognize a few basic controls, adrenaline, endorphins, metabolic processing- the few buttons with fairly layman information on them. [Intuition 4] You'd hazard a guess that this screen can... control parts of you, or at least make you use or release whatever the hell most of these buttons mean. It's useful to know that it exists, but you aren't sure if it's going to help you wake up.

---

Aaron White

`Sigh... nothings ever easy here huh? 6 months and this is what happens outside the main floor, Christ this sucks.`

"I Dont know what you guys think but if we are to get the hell outta here with Henry, We gotta get moving NOW, I can probably
haul ass with him piggyback for a couple of minutes, but i pray to god you can stop the bleeding now, beacause were not stopping until were out of these shafts and in the corridors or with 5 Inches of steel between us... and them, got it?"

[int 5+1 , dex 4 , fighting 4 , luck 2 Treatment 21/20] Paula finishes her work off as fast as she can. It's not pretty, but she's low on supplies, and it really doesn't have to be pretty anyway. It just has to work. "There," she says as she glues the last piece of bandaging now. "That's all I can do in a place like this.
  "Then it's going to have to be enough, come on!" you half shout, half grunt as you struggle to hoist Henry's body up onto your shoulder. [Strength 3] He's heavy, a lot heavier than you expected, and he's all dead weight in his unconscious state. You know you can't carry him like this for long, working red has given you a good feel for your limits, but you don't have any choice.
   [Dex 5-1] [Paula Dex 4] [Cale dex 3+1] You set a hard pace, despite the heavy weight on your shoulders, and both Paula and Cale are pressed to keep up with you. If it weren't for the fact that you're carrying another human being across your shoulders, you'd be able to outdistance them both.
   [Immortal Dex 2, 4, 3+1] [LAE Bots 3+1, 3, 3+1] [Deadheads 3, 3, 3, 2]

Spoiler: Chase Distances (click to show/hide)

(Henry's bleeding reduced to moderate)
(Henry HP +10)
(You'll drop Henry if you make stamina throw of three or worse)
(Henry Will wake up on a soak throw of five or better, as long as his stamina remains positive)

---

Turn Recap
Taric will be arriving back at the v-junction next turn
James is wishing he'd qualified for a course in human biology
Tarran is wishing that he could find an ID that did not belong to a girl
Dominique is seeing with eyes unclouded
Ash is thinking
Aaron is running away

Jordan is in an elevator
Harry still wanna pressa buttun!
Cale is running
Paula is running

Other Events
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: August 20, 2012, 12:36:24 am »

Keep running for the complex proper.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: August 20, 2012, 01:30:56 am »

Search the rest of the current level for anything of interest.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: August 20, 2012, 05:08:54 am »

Dominique checked the bodies for things that would be useful: ID or security cards, that sort of thing. She might not end up ever needing it, but it was better to be safe than sorry.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: August 20, 2012, 08:37:52 am »

Sorry, but i cant find my Phoenix pistol in the Lore accumulated or the wiki, whats the stats on this thing?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: August 20, 2012, 11:10:52 am »

Sighing, James flicked the holopad over to the Sample 18 tab.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: August 20, 2012, 03:56:31 pm »

Tarran Smith

Search the rest of the current level for anything of interest.

[Dex 5+1] [Observation 1] You jog around the entire top tier, looking for anything that might be of interest to you and yours. Unfortunately you get a little caught up in the jogging thing, having fun hurtling tables and chairs, slaloming around barricades, and generally improving your cardio. This goes on for a couple laps, interrupted by Dominique staring at you like you've gone completely mad.
   She might have a point, considering that you just spent ten minutes doing laps in an abandoned restaurant full of dead people.

(-10 stamina)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dominique checked the bodies for things that would be useful: ID or security cards, that sort of thing. She might not end up ever needing it, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

You start looting all the nearby bodies, trying to avoid the ones that Tarran already robbed. [Observation 3, 3, 5+1] [Luck 2, 3, 1] You don't find much on the first several bodies, being shot repeatedly combined with father time taking a bat to their remains has rendered most of whatever they were carrying disgusting and useless.   
    It is only when you've searched almost half of the immediately visible bodies that you find something interesting. Hidden under a knot of holed and worthless bodies is a security bot of a kind you've only seen once before. The body is only vaguely human, time dulled metal and blood stained plastics molded into a strong torso capable of supporting the security bot's four arms. Its legs take another step away from humanity by featuring four-way knee joints and symmetrical feet that look almost like articulated flowers. Its head is nothing more than a streamlined bulge on top of the rotating stock that passes for its neck. You saw a bot identical to this one, though in much better condition, in your early days as a maintenance worker. It had been sent down, alone, to track a tech-thief through the labyrinthine maze of catwalks and security passages that made up the underworks for the backup power grid. It brought the thief back by the end of your shift, in three different capture nets.
   You jerk upright as something thunders past you, making you snap your rifle up before you realize that Tarran isn't running from something, he's just running. He's... exercising. Here. Personally, you think that cardio is pretty redundant when you've got life or death situations every couple minutes to keep your heart in shape. [Failed roll not shown]
   [Observation 3+1] You think you can hear something in the hall, it's faint, but you're almost certain you heard it.

---

James Evan

Sighing, James flicked the holopad over to the Sample 18 tab.

Not willing to start screwing with your own body chemistry just yet, you collapse the Control Options and the Subject Status panes back, pulling up the other throbbing red tab; Sample 18 status.

Spoiler: Sample 18 Status (click to show/hide)

[intelligence 1] You would guess that host death is a bad thing, like a really bad thing. Cuz you're the host. Beyond that particularly brilliant assertion, you've got nothing. You wish there was a "Brain Fungus For Dummies" manual lying around, because this is getting complicated. Stupid Technocrats doing complicated things with their technology.

---

Taric Sizier

Quote from: Amazingly, not Taricus
Arrive back at the V-junction with Jake. Yell for somebody when I find to be occupied only by James.

You arrive back at the V-junction with Jake, only to find James slumped against the wall, alone. And Tarran was giving you a hard time about leaving people behind. At least you left your guy in a dark room where nobody could find him, not lying out in the open. [Luck 5] Jake hadn't even realized that he was alone, scared little bugger had gone to sleep and stayed that way until you poked him awake and told him to move his ass.
   [Talking 2] "Hellooo!" you yell, none too impressively, down both forks of the V-junction. "Hey, irritatingly judgmental people, where are you!?"
   [Tarran Observation 2, Dom Observation 3+1] There is no immediate reply.

---

Aaron White

Keep running for the complex proper.

[Stamina 5+1, no weight penalty this turn] [Dex 4] [Paula Dex 4] [Cale Dex 4] You and your companions manage an astonishingly uniform speed as the three of you continue to flee. Henry doesn't seem quite as heavy now, your aren't sure if it's the adrenaline or just acclimation, but you're able to keep him up there even while you're moving at a dead run.
    [Henry Soak 5-1] Henry, despite being tossed about on your shoulder in a way that would have killed most small animals, actually looks a bit better. He groans in pain as you run, but that too could be construed as a good sign.
   [Immortal Dex 4, 2+1, 3+1] [LAE Bots 3, 6+1, 4] [Deadheads 3, 4, 5, 4] You can hear your pursuers behind you, a mix of shoes, metal feet, and biologically armored boots slamming into the floor of the shaft behind you. The sound is still faint, but they obviously aren't making any attempt at stealth anymore.

Spoiler: Chase Distances (click to show/hide)

(Henry's bleeding reduced to Light)
(You'll drop Henry if you make stamina throw of three or worse)
(Henry Will wake up on a soak throw of five or better, as long as his stamina remains positive)

---

Turn Recap
Taric has arrived at the V-Junction
James is wishing he'd qualified for a course in neuro-fungal science
Tarran is jogging.
Dominique is uncovering something.
Aaron is running away, and just might make the Olympic team for synchronized fleeing.

Cale is running
Paula is running

Other Events
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lore Added (click to show/hide)
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: August 20, 2012, 04:26:54 pm »

"I heard something back the way we came. We'd better cover the entrance, Boss," Dom said, heading back to the blown out door and raising her assault rifle to be aiming at it. Just in case it was a hostile.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: August 20, 2012, 04:34:24 pm »

"Right." Go back to the door too, also keep my assault rifle ready.

And don't jog while doing so. Either run or walk there. No jogging.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: August 20, 2012, 05:17:42 pm »

Somewhat panicky, James flicked over to the first of the remaining two tabs, "Stored Memories."
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 602