Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526465 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Alright, Wolfchild has forced me into doing something that I have almost never done. Actually PMing someone to tell them to get their fannies over here.

Should Wolf continue to not reply in a timely manner, I shall (1) pluck out his eyes, and (2) use dice to decide his action. Or I'll consult a spiritlevel, either way.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Alright, Wolfchild has forced me into doing something that I have almost never done.
Lucky.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Hack into the controlls, and make the elevator come back to this floor
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Looks like you get to keep your eyeballs for now...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like you get to keep your eyeballs for now...

Hrmph. I said a timely manner, for all any of you know that could have been five minutes. He probably needs his eyes to see the computer though, and progressively useless punishment does nobody any good. I'll just build a house in his skull, that'll show him. It'll be sticky in there though... SO MUCH GOO! WHY, WHY ARE ALL THE BRAINS MADE OF GOO?

Anyway, Sheogorath induced madness aside, I'm going to fire up some music and start on the turn.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran Smith

Reload my Ichneumon completely. "Damn it, they're getting away! If any of you has any ideas, do it now while we still have a chance!"

"Damn it, they're getting away! If any of you has any ideas, do it now while we still have a chance!" You snarl as you reload the Ichneumon, snapping another round into the breach and slotting the other into the speedloader. That, however, is the limit of your productive effort. If you had a longer field of battle you would be able to fight these immortals outside their effective range, but the short hallway and awkward angle are forcing you to play their game. A game that you can't ante into without killing yourself in the process.

---

Immortal Skirmishers

Tarran's question is answered as the elevator door closes smoothly and unchallenged, letting the immortals and their captive fall deeper into the complex. Aside from James' irregular breathing and the whispering hum of the falling elevator, all is in silence. A victory. The fallen brothers would be reborn, and with their prize The Father would awaken those that still slept.
   As it should be.
---

Ashley Fey

Hack into the controlls, and make the elevator come back to this floor

As soon as the elevator doors close, you sprint over to the control panel for the elevator. It's fairly standard, a button for up, a button for down, and a keycard slot for special accesses. On a less hurried day you might have employed a gentler tactic, but right now you have neither the time nor the inclination to be gentle.
   You slam a good three inches of metal alloy from your duelist implant into the panel's maintenance lock, cutting and levering open the control face with crude efficiency. [Mech 2] The poor light from the distant lamp doesn't help matters, but you seriously don't like the look of this system. It's bare bones, designed to accept a single signal with a possible modifier from the special access port. You could send an elevator call, but it wouldn't take effect until the current trip had been completed, and that's assuming that the 'person' controlling the actual brain of this system didn't just cut your signal out entirely. Actually running an override from here seems almost impossible.
   Harry and Jordan Jog in behind you, but they know well enough to not interrupt you when you're working. The two of them hang back, waiting for an order, or a miracle.

---

Taric Sizier

Find those primary emmiters and get them up and running.

Normal people would probably be crazy to attempt to manually refocus a damaged holographic display, but you've never been normal. [Mech 3+1-1] It goes... alright. The emergency display doesn't give you a lot of control to the actual holographic hardware, just a focusing system that was just meant to adjust how close the screen objects appeared to the user.
    It's tedious and time consuming work, but you isolate each of the eight primary emitters and manually readjust their focal points individually. The end result is hardly perfect, it's a dim and distorted display compared to its former crisp brightness, but it will work. In theory.
   Of course, in theory, this error shouldn't have happened in the first place.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Seeing Taric was still absorbed with the computer and probably would be for a long time, Dominique decided to resume scouting around and went back into the tunnels, then out the other room and tried the door to see if she could open it.

You find a good stopping place in your little novel just before the point where you're going to have start sorting pages again; it's a love scene so very badly written that you aren't entirely sure who is making love to whom. It's terrible, and you almost can't resist reading more, but you need to pace yourself.
   You're completely unsurprised to find Taric still on the computer when you get up from the floor. You tell him you're leaving, but he doesn't even twitch an eyeball your direction. You almost feel a little bad about leaving him, but he can take care of himself. Besides, he knew Jake was there through a metal wall, he'll probably pick up on someone trying to kill him. At least, you're fairly sure he would.
   Slipping back down into the maintenance corridor only takes a moment, and you're familiar enough with the short route that you don't even have to wait for your eyes to adjust from normal light to psionic vision before you climb back out into the druggy-writer's private display room. This time you ignore the display cases, heading straight for the door to the outside hall. With the door in the other room all glowy, and with the iris in cuisinart configuration, this might be your best bet to get back out into the personnel hallways.
    You squeeze the handle and try to slide the door, but it is, as expected, locked. These doors had already been checked from the outside and they'd been just as locked then. [luck 4] This one, however, only has the manual interior lock engaged. You graze the unlocking stud with your knuckle, and the door emits a pleasing click as its interior restraining bolt slides free. You try the door again, and this time the door opens smoothly, letting you out into the southern wing of the personnel quarters. At least now you're able to meet back up with Tarran.
   And maybe beat some sense into him.

---

James Evan

James turns to the blight and jokes around. "So you're perfectly capable of repeatedly stabbing me, but suddenly a mind thing knocks you across the room. Whatever" He shrugs and decides to explore the area.

She gives you a dirty look in response to your jibe. "Shut up."
   "Witty," you respond dryly, already walking out of the cell.  It's pretty much as you remember, no, scratch that, it's exactly as you remember. You're back in the holding cells in the facility that Tarran and his team escaped from. The hallway extends left and right outside your cell, and numerous other cell doors line both sides. The left hall terminates in the offices for the prison staff. The right hall leads up into the main of the facility. You also know, from experience, that the hall on the right will lead up to a Technocrat thug and an easily pissed off trooper.
    Behind you, She has already picked up the remaining pistol, keeping it low and read as she follows you.

---

Turn Recap
Taric is fixing things, again, sorta
James is finding out what he already knew
Tarran is reloading
Dominique opening new doors to old places
Ash is stabbing inanimate objects ineffectually

Jordan is with Ash
Harry is with Ash

Other Events
Skirmishers have left and are descending.
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Well then, if the person cannot be saved, at least his captors can die with him, Force open the door, and sever the elevator cable
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See if I can't clear up the display, then get the information I wanted off of it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Hey, Boss! Where the fuck are ya?" Dominique yelled. If she got a response, she'd try to follow his voice to his location.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Have you thought about just climbing down the shaft after the elevator by using the cable? If you can find something to slow your decent, then that would work great.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well then, if the person cannot be saved, at least his captors can die with him, Force open the door, and sever the elevator cable
DUDE! NOT COOL!

"Down here, you traitor! Get here on the double, James has been taken by the Immortals!"

Walk to Ash and watch to see what she is doing. If she tries to cut the cable, stop her.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There isn't a cable, the elevator (as I'm pretty sure I've said once or twice, but perhaps not) is on magnetic rails, with one rail on each corner. There's no cable to sever.

EDIT:
DUDE! NOT COOL!

Well, she has a big ass bodyguard to help her... Both of which have traits assigned to make them nigh-impossible to subvert without mindbreaking torture, or the exact right incentive.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:59:54 pm by Draignean »
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Ok magnetics then I thought they were going up not down
Attempt to interfere with the electromagnets so that the carriage will halt, then follow it down carefully

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok magnetics then I thought they were going up not down

What up? And I mean that in the "What additional up can be gained?" sense , not "How are you?" sense.

Attempt to interfere with the electromagnets so that the carriage will halt

With a what?

Are we talking, force open the door, leap daringly out onto the elevator shaft wall, and attempt to use your mechanical skills to interfere with a rail while hanging on for dear life.

Or are we talking, force open the door, then shoot bullets out of our guns until we hit something important.

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, she has a big ass bodyguard to help her... Both of which have traits assigned to make them nigh-impossible to subvert without mindbreaking torture, or the exact right incentive.
But certainly they have the heart to not kill a friend without being told why by their leader, right? Or are they cold hearted robots just pretending to be semi-human?

What up? And I mean that in the "What additional up can be gained?" sense , not "How are you?" sense.
Methinks you misread what he said.

He said that he thought the guys in the elevator were going up, and not down.

Are we talking, force open the door, leap daringly out onto the elevator shaft wall, and attempt to use your mechanical skills to interfere with a rail while hanging on for dear life.
I must say dear sir that is a very bad idea.

Or are we talking, force open the door, then shoot bullets out of our guns until we hit something important.
This also is a very bad idea.

Draignean: GM of Bad Ideas.
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 602