Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526458 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Question: What are the chances of me shooting past the corner and through the wall and hitting the elevator controls from here with my Ichneumon? What are the chances of a hit destroying the controls?

With the ichneumon... Hmm, standard aimed shot penalty. -2 to your quickshot roll. (Plus additional modifiers)
It wouldn't stop them, but it would buy you some time. (Probably another 1d6 rounds for the Father to override the wrecked controls and fly by remote)

I like your style though.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

I like your style though.
Thanks. Surprisingly enough, that took very little time to think of.

Maybe I just have something against inanimate objects.

Also, heh, I am one over my encumbrance. Figures. I should quickly lose it in this combat assuming the clips actually weigh anything.

Thinking quickly, Tarran shoots at the elevator controls with his Ichneumon.

Oh dice gods, give me strength. You screwed me over at 90% odds yesterday, now it's time for good luck. That Dexterity roll for running doesn't really count.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:14:13 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get the computer operational again.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, heh, I am one over my encumbrance. Figures. I should quickly lose it in this combat assuming the clips actually weigh anything.

If it doesn't have a weight listed, assume it weighs nothing. You're still at 75-85% of earth gravity though, so you won't be encumbered until you enter a powered portion of the facility or until the moon's day cycle.

Ammunition almost always weighs pretty much nothing, largely because I was too damn lazy to calculate fractional pounds.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dom continued reading with a rather cat-like grin on her face.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Yep, thanks for being useful Dom.

James snatched the pistol from the Technocrat's hands and then attempted to knock him out, whirling with a kick to the head.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

CAtch up
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

James snatched the pistol from the Technocrat's hands and then attempted to knock him out, whirling with a kick to the head.

I can't help you anyway, and I'm not going anywhere without Taric since going alone is probably suicide. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

I can't help you anyway, and I'm not going anywhere without Taric since going alone is probably suicide. :P

You could at least share with that Technician dude that's with ya'll. Spread the cheese around a bit.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

* Dominique hisses at Pyro.

No one's taking mah badly-written romance novel!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

If the immortals put the suit on James, there are going to be
* Powder Miner starts counting out loud
four. FOUR THINGS FIGHTING FOUR CONTROL OF JAMES'S MIND.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Better yet, you could get a suit on you, and then someone could use Control on you. Putting it up to five things vying for control of your brain.

Mercies betide.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Dude, you have got to start improving your will rolls somehow. Your a strong dude, not a psychic, so use those muscles as much as possible!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Better yet, you could get a suit on you, and then someone could use Control on you. Putting it up to five things vying for control of your brain.

Mercies betide.
I wonder if anything would be able to function at all with five things fighting for James' brain.

Random questions:

If a suit was put on James, would the fungus and the suit fight another?
If James wins, can he expect any rewards at all? (not looking for specifics, just yes or no).
Can James fight a suit in his mind if one is put on him, since he's already fighting the fungus?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, it would appear I've been neglecting... STOP THAT DRAIGNEAN, OR I'LL SET YOUR CAT ON FIRE.

If a suit was put on James, would the fungus and the suit fight another?

Fight is the wrong word, but as long as James' brain was connected to the suit the fungus would be capable of spreading into the bio-suit's brain(s). Without empathetics (or Technocrat high-technology) "fighting" is almost impossible. I only say almost because anything is possible.

My head hurts, should I be worried?

Your condition is too vague to diagnose, it could be very minor, or you could die in the next five minutes. Just ignore it for now, if you start bleeding from your eyes/mouth/ears/nose or hearing phantom voices, then you should take a break from the computer and go outside.

If James wins, can he expect any rewards at all? (not looking for specifics, just yes or no).

Yes. But how much and what are entirely dependent upon how, and how well, he succeeds. He could also suffer debilitating status effects (like the matriarch) in addition to his reward.

MY COMPUTER IS COVERED WITH INSECTS!!!

Our time is up, the age of man is at an end, the era of the insect has arrived. Our only hope is to join the arachnid resistance forces.

Can James fight a suit in his mind if one is put on him, since he's already fighting the fungus?

Yes, but again, fight isn't exactly the right word. The fungus isn't exactly fighting James, at least not anymore than a tree is fighting a signpost as it grows through it.
Fighting the suit would be a very different war, one that the suit would be at a significant disadvantage to fight.

---
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 602