Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529084 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #5835 on: October 06, 2011, 05:04:51 pm »

>.< We demand DEATH !!! BATTLE !!!!!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: October 06, 2011, 06:32:10 pm »

You know... I was kinda wondering why none of you had posted actions for the turn I posted last night. Then I realized I hadn't, and it was still on my desktop.

Whoops.  :-\

Well I can now safely guarantee a turn in the next two minutes.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: October 06, 2011, 06:33:21 pm »

You know... I was kinda wondering why none of you had posted actions for the turn I posted last night. Then I realized I hadn't, and it was still on my desktop.

Whoops.  :-\

*Headdesk*
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: October 06, 2011, 06:33:34 pm »

Tarran Smith

Tarran kept the gun on him.

"What kind of deal? Don't try bullshitting me because I've had enough being fooled for a lifetime and I'm not afraid to pump you full of bullets if I notice even a slight lie or absence of details."

"Also, who or what is your... 'Father'?"

Say the above.

"What kind of deal?" You growl at the clone "Don't try bullshitting me because I've had enough being fooled for a lifetime and I'm not afraid to pump you full of bullets if I notice even a slight lie or absence of details." In all honesty shooting it would probably vent some stress, you've had just about enough of holier-than-thou's foisting grand plans on you, the Technocracy, the Matriarch, the Father, and now this joker.

[Intimidate Auto-fail] The clone doesn't even blink as you threaten its life. "Killing me would do you no good, I would merely be brought back to serve again. I have defeated death, I am immortal." It says, looking at you through the same dead eyes as the rest of the security guard. "Besides," It adds with the first trace of humor you've heard from it yet "you've already killed me once." He shakes his head wryly. "But that was not the nature of your question, the task you were offered... How to explain it to you... There are many rooms in this facility, and more information than one pair of eyes could see in a lifetime. Each room and each piece of information however has a door that must be opened before it can be accessed." He says, looking at you intently. "There is a door that we cannot open. Some of you however, can. Open the door and we will let you and the fallen take what is yours and leave amicably. We will not follow or lay any trace on you. If you accept your way will be shown to you under truce, and you will leave under truce. These are our terms."

Well that's interesting... Now way to know he doesn't plan on calling a dozen of those bio-armored soldiers out on you from behind if you accept and wander around under 'truce' though. "I need a moment to consider, in the meantime who or what is your... 'Father'?"

[Tarran Gather information 3 Vs Will 4] The deadhead shrugs. "He merely is. Describing him to you would be as impossible as describing the concept of gravity to a tachyon, even assuming it could understand." 

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom took the energy cells. If one of her guns couldn't use them, maybe someone else could. Looks like this place is cashed. Maybe I should rejoin the rest, a girl could get herself in trouble out here alone. A bar fight? Yeah, she could handle herself. Squad-based gunplay? Might be nice to have boss and the others watching her back. She left the room and headed back towards where she thought Tarran had went to save Taric.

You grab the cells, you could never, ever have too many of these things lying around. Looking around the rest of the room you decide to leave its remaining door unopened and head back to the others, you're confident you can handle yourself out here but... Your sore reminds of what would happen if you couldn't handle something by yourself for a moment, and heaven help you if there had been another of those things. The others probably need your help anyway, twenty on Taric spectacularly getting what he richly deserved.

Your exodus from the room is uneventful and your lithe form is able to squeeze through the bent door without incident. The corridor is much the same is it was, except for Ashley dragging Taric out from the adjoining room by the scruff of his neck...

---

Taric Sizier

"Bloody hell, leggo of me!"

[Diplomacy 2 Vs Ashley will 3+1] You complain vigorously as Ash drags you out out of the room by the back of your gorget, despite your intelligent and reasonable argument she adamantly refuses to leggo your necko.

---

Ashley Fey

Yes, it would help

[Strength 4, 4, 3, 2, 4] "Stop! Being! Such! A! Dumbass!" You snarl at Taric, punctuating each word with a blow from the back or front of your palm alternately. Your blows land with enough force to set his ears ringing and to put red imprints of your gauntleted hand on both of his cheeks.

You feel much better.

(Taric Reputation with Motherless sons -1, Taric Reputation with conclave -1)

---

James Evan

James's... Mind in his avatar in his mind whirled and he realized something. "Hey, wait a minute, this is YOUR fault. Dom had been orienting me when YOU absorbed it and now that I see it, you absorbed some of her personality or what. I didn't do anything. YOU did."

"The fuck it's my fault!" She yells at you furiously, struggling to free her wrists from your hands. [Shadow Strength 5+1 Vs Str 5] She breaks one free and promptly attempts to slug you in the head with it. [Shadow Melee 2+1 Vs dodge 5] You promptly duck out of the way and use the momentum to lock her arm behind her. Normally you'd feel bad about doing this to a girl, but considering that she's both you AND trying to beat you up you decide to make an exception. "I wasn't the one who asked for this!" She yells back over her shoulder at you, trying to break free. "It was like being run over by the fucking gender-bender rail!"

"Shut up, let me think, and stop swearing!" You yell back at yourself as she struggles.

The situation however strikes you as oddly funny, you're in a dream, yelling at yourself to shut up and stop cussing, and your psyche is a girl. In retrospect you're pretty sure that if you'd just decided to have a normal career like cat-juggler or something then you would have had a much saner life right now.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:35:15 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: October 06, 2011, 06:39:03 pm »

Sorry for the haymaker making you forget the turn, Draignean. In a lot of pain from dental work, still am from a repeat visit. >.>

Dom ran up to intervene. "Hey, stop hitting the poor bastard!" she said, trying to stop Ashley from inflicting further harm on Taric. It was likely he'd probably done something like grab her ass - this WAS Taric, after all - but there was still the fact the team had been through a lot of shit together and if she had to take someone's side it'd be the one of the guy she knew. "Come on, on your feet," she said, offering Taric a hand.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: October 06, 2011, 06:46:35 pm »

"See, here, there are multiple problems with your offer.

1: You are not telling me what is behind the door. It could be a horrible monster, a very hazardous material, or a bunch of your friends. What is in that room?

2: I have no way to tell if you're lying about the truce or not. I do not expect you to convince me on this point, but I expect you to at least come up with a reasonable excuse.

3: You are not telling me anything about your leader. I don't care how damn far away an understandable comparison is, I want a damn comparison."

If he doesn't at least try to answer 1 or 3, fire a round from my Chimera pistol into him/it and walk away back into the room where the rest of the deadheads are. If he does at least try, then continue listening.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:48:37 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: October 06, 2011, 06:52:29 pm »

Sorry for the haymaker making you forget the turn, Draignean. In a lot of pain from dental work, still am from a repeat visit. >.>

Not yo' fault, I just typed the turn up and went to sleep... Should have caught it waaayy earlier. If you want to blame it on anything then you should blame it on BD's RP.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: October 06, 2011, 06:54:53 pm »

"Oww, I didn't even do anything to her too! Not even a suggestive or lecherous comment!" Taric stood up with Dom's help. "Ohh, I'm tired, beat up and I have no clue as to what's going on. Is this a bloody hallucination, because I think I'm back at the academy... At any rate, where to now Dom?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: October 06, 2011, 07:01:53 pm »

"I didn't ask for you to  be "hit by the gender-bender rail" either so stop trying to beat me up like an insane person. It'll help noone. The only thing you could possibly do is harm to both of us, and will that help you? No. Do you think I want my mind screwed up? No. You're an idiot!"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: October 06, 2011, 08:11:22 pm »

You're calling yourself an idiot...

This whole situation with you is one big mind rape.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: October 06, 2011, 08:26:04 pm »

You're calling yourself an idiot...
And also trying to hurt yourself (well, your subconscious is at least).

Stop hitting yourself, Powder.

This whole situation with you is one big mind rape.
I, hereby, banish you to the lowest parts of hell for more TvTropes links.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: October 06, 2011, 08:49:31 pm »

Well you will probably be fighting me at some point.

And you will ALL DIE!

*cackles maniacally*
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:53:22 pm by PyroDesu »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: October 06, 2011, 09:03:24 pm »

You all must be a Lucky Bastard to have survived the tropes for so long.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: October 06, 2011, 09:44:24 pm »

Certainly seems to be Tarran's Room 101.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: October 06, 2011, 09:56:52 pm »

You know, I'm not even clicking on any of the links.

You're just making yourselves look stupid and wasting your own time. Just saying.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 602