Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529673 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Some hacker you are...
« Reply #5400 on: September 01, 2011, 07:31:27 am »

Dom opened her eyes. Huh, deja vu or somethin' there. She shook her head to clear it. Eh... I should probably go help one of the others do something. James has already got Taric's back so they should be all right. No clue what Ash and the boys are doing... guess that just leaves Tarran. He had last been punching down doors, or so he said. Maybe he could use a hand with it. She headed off towards where she had heard the banging noises to investigate.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: September 01, 2011, 09:39:48 am »

Security Was going to be annoying, take it slowly and discreetly seek out the information, if detected, pull the plug
Harry and Jordan keep doing what they are doing, perhaps with Harry investigating the blast doors that just shut

Harry and tarran are not fighting the deadheads right
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: September 01, 2011, 09:41:45 am »

It's just Taric and James vs security. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: September 01, 2011, 09:43:22 am »

It's just Taric and James vs security. ^^

well, and Ashley vs. a very different type of security
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: September 01, 2011, 10:02:16 am »

After Taricus, run up and FALCON PAWNCH the deadhead in the face with the punch gun.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: September 01, 2011, 11:30:08 am »

Hell yes, I broke down a door without even trying. :D

"Well, that was unexpected. Heh heh, I never knew I had it in me, the ability to smash down doors."

*After hearing doors slamming shut behind* "Did Taric do something stupid again? Go check it out, I'll see what's in this room."

Go into the room that had recently had it's door utterly mutilated.

Anyway, as for the new style, I don't really like it. It's a brick of text (just a metaphor, not saying it's lacking in style) with limited breaks, I don't know when it jumps between perspectives, and I don't want to have to go back to the top every time I have to look at rolls. It makes it feel more like a book than a game. Though if you enjoy it, do go ahead and keep using it. I'm not the GM.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: September 01, 2011, 11:31:26 am »

I'm inclined to agree with Tarran here. I like the old style better.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: September 01, 2011, 11:36:06 am »

As do I.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: September 01, 2011, 11:46:39 am »

Perpective never changes, that's the reason I switched. Focus does, but I stay firmly in the third rather than second person which allows me to avoid getting bound up in the yous and yours. This of course allows me to write bad dialogue, which is probably a downside for you considering how close you are to your characters.

Still, if one more person votes against I'll revert by majority. NINJA Edit: Ah well, there goes the majority.

The reason it resembles a book is that it is much closer, I just don't game as much I used to. Playing ME:2 for six hours solid just doesn't seem as fun as would have last year. I've found that in my advancing years (Ha ha) I enjoy books a great deal more. Now excuse me while I go set a record for concurrent reading without eating, sleeping, or bathing. :P

When I finish this book you might get a turn if I can avoid picking up the next, but that's a mighty big if.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: September 01, 2011, 11:55:41 am »

You know, it's been a while since I lead the majority vote in anything, really. I would never be a president.

Now that I have the majority... Draignean, you HAVE to go back to the old style or I'll lead a pitchfork and torch mob to your home. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: September 01, 2011, 12:08:27 pm »

You know, it's been a while since I lead the majority vote in anything, really. I would never be a president.

Now that I have the majority... Draignean, you HAVE to go back to the old style or I'll lead a pitchfork and torch mob to your home. :P

Good luck, they'll die of heatstroke and dehydration before they get within a mile. :D

Also the job of the president is not to spearhead the majority but to spearhead what is right in a non-partisan manner. Something that seems to have been forgotten...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: September 01, 2011, 12:15:09 pm »

Good luck, they'll die of heatstroke and dehydration before they get within a mile. :D
I'll bring a fremen mob, then. :P I'm not especially informed on the Dune series, but I believe their suits recycle water. And I'd also bet they're pretty used to desert (considering they live on a sandball).

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: September 01, 2011, 12:54:31 pm »

FREMEN RIDIN SANDWORMS YYAAARGHLEAGHLEGWERGER

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: September 03, 2011, 10:43:33 am »

Back to the first page with ye, harlot. (Yeah, I know Draignean wants to finish his book before doing the turn, but still. Second page? Blasphemy.)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: September 03, 2011, 06:21:21 pm »

BLASPHEMY? MADNESS? THIS! IS- No wait that is blasphemy >.>
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 602