Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528365 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #3735 on: May 29, 2011, 01:14:42 am »

For the Fuath, I would say take the gun on the sixth row down, to the left of the long-barreled pistol and put a different barrel on it. I believe the first gun of the energy weapons has a barrel that could be adapted to it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: May 29, 2011, 01:34:32 am »

Meanwhile, while I'm working on your suggestions, you can Oooohhh over the two newest editions:

The Kapre Light Rifle:

If it looks dated (about to today's age), well, it's supposed to be, remember?

A bit bland, but that's what you get for making a gun that's conventional.

And the Basilisk Pulse Rifle:

It just looks like it wants to send you flying, doesn't it? Believe it or not, I actually got the inspiration from the barrel-less version of the top-right rifle (the six rifles picture) when I was screwing around trying to make the Kapre (or some other rifle) the first time. Personally, I like how it came out.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: May 29, 2011, 01:38:54 am »

It's impressively done. I checked the pics and I can't even tell which one was supposed to be the original. :3 ( Er, that is, I'm trying to say it's a good, unique look. ^^; )
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: May 29, 2011, 01:43:23 am »

You mean the original of the Kapre? Hint: Check the stock and the grip. It's the top-left one. Yes, I did remove a lot of detail, but it just didn't fit for me on a rifle personally.

The Basilisk was the same rifle I mentioned inspiration from. I messed with the stock, removed the clip, no barrel, added more 'slots' to the front then filled them with glow, smoothed out the bit between the scope and the ironsight, then finally I made the two shooting things along with their glow.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: May 29, 2011, 01:54:10 am »

I meant the Basilisk. ^^; Sorry for lack of clarification.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: May 29, 2011, 02:40:39 am »

Tarran Smith

"Dom, cover our rear. I don't feel any sense of safety anymore."

*Shouting to other group* "Stay as close as you can to the water, minimize the distance to us! Meet up at the bottom of the lake!"

*Radio* "What kind of sick shit are you? And why did you do it?"

Stay on the side of the pond, move south. Aim the light to the east until we hit the corner, then shift it south at the corner of the lake and move west.

*Turns off radio*

"That guy was a nut job."

You engage in a fascinatingly insane conversation with whoever seems to be calling the shots around here, though these days you'd be almost as surprised if he hadn't been insane. Worlds full of deviants, and you seem to have a knack for finding the psychotic ones. After you break off the signal and shut the radio off you lead on around the pond, more decayed corpses, more dead trees. Below the pond though you find something interesting, a place where several metal benches have been dragged into a rough circle. [Intuition 3] It might have been a defensive position, or a meeting spot, you really can't tell.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"OK, boss." Dom nodded and equipped the Fuath. If anything attacked, it would be a close quarters fight, and the Abassy was mainly for mid-range fighting. With the carbine she could at least spray things down with acid to soften them up.

As Tarran expresses anxiety you holster your pistol and draw out the carbine, nothing in the world was able to fight too well when covered in acid. Nothing leaps out of the dark to kill you, but it's better to be safe than to be bloody corpse.

---

James Evan

"Those who have joined huh? If your immortality is the dream crap, consider no deal. I don't choose the second option either. I choose shoot your butt, complete with beatings. Guys, toss me an ORS sac please." James got ready for WCOMBAT!

You help Tarran verbally abuse your host, rolling your shoulders and getting ready for whatever 'children' have been sent for you. You wince at your wounds and ask either Tarran or Dom for some meds. There's a brief and very uncomfortable pause when they realize that Teague was carrying the last of the ORS.

And the field surgery kit.

and the spare medical kit.

Taric still has a medkit from the colonists -'course he's on the other side of the pond-, and Tarran has the one Dom had but it's only got bare bones supplies left in it. Your optimism shrivels up like a raisin.

---

Ashley Fey

"Shut that bastard off", ashly couldn't take it anymore, but the floodgate had oppened and she had to let it out, "So turning arround and telling someone that you have to work for you now after getting them to fight for thier freedom is being honest, you fuck! You're just another bastard with a god complex"

You swear at he other captain's radio from across the pond. If you'd been within reaching difference you'd probably have been bashing it up and down into something hard by now. You regain your composure after a couple seconds, turning around and examining what you can see with a focus generally reserved for etching glass. Neither Harry or Jordan comment on your outburst, apparently they're attached to their testicles. [Observation 3] You're too busy being pissed to really see much while you look around, Taric seems more focused on the graves than moving forwards though.

---

Taric Sizier

"Something worries me about this. Maybe it's because these guys would've been looted before I got here though." Examine the corpse in detail, then search the room carefully.

The ditch filled with corpses is, as you ascertained at first glance, a ditch filled with rotting corpses. That wasn't what was nagging at you... [Intuition 4+1] The people who would lock themselves in a garden don't strike you as the military type, those might have chosen the mess, or a security checkoint, these were probably civilians; scientists, janitors, whatever. Normal people though have certain reactions to death, and certain ingrained ideas about burial, namely they generally tended to mark graves with some form of identification. On a hunch you check the earth around where a cross might have once been erected. [Luck 3] The first two and the last grave have nothing, at least nothing you can use, the third though has what you're looking for. You stand and brush of dirt and mold from a small ident card that once belonged to  "Pyotr Ivanov", if a part of this facility has power then the card may be very useful indeed.

Realizing your grave robbery is holding up your meet with Tarran you hurry along, heading down past the pond.

(Item added, Pyotr's ID card)

---

The Immortals

[Luck 5]

(The Immortals entering the garden delayed until next turn.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-Inv&crap up next turn-
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: May 29, 2011, 02:46:19 am »

"Boss, I have a bad feeling," Dom said. "Call it woman's intuition or whatever but things are too quiet." She gestured at the benches. "Here, let's have a seat. Give me the kit and I'll work on James while you keep an eye out, OK?" She took James's hand and pulled him over to a bench. We lost Trol and Saun and Teague... and Tarran and myself both almost died. Taric's pretty good at surviving, I'll give him that. She smiled to herself. "I'll try to keep it as painless as possible, all right? Tarran and I have some experience at gettin' people back on their feet even when they're about to croak, so workin' on a guy who's mostly in good condition shouldn't be too hard." After all, that's my job. I gotta keep the boss and the brainiac alive... and James now too.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:58:37 am by SeriousConcentrate »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: May 29, 2011, 02:53:46 am »

OOC: Jordan is carrying medical kits and a pack of ORS is you can convince him or ashly to use em up

"OK, something is not right here, let's re-group with the other's quickly i dotn think that that bastard is going to just let us sit here quietly after we dissed him like that" Ashly follows up those words by slightly picking up the pace
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: May 29, 2011, 02:55:17 am »

There's a brief and very uncomfortable pause when they realize that Teague was carrying the last of the ORS.

And the field surgery kit.

and the spare medical kit.

Taric still has a medkit from the colonists -'course he's on the other side of the pond-, and Tarran has the one Dom had but it's only got bare bones supplies left in it. Your optimism shrivels up like a raisin.

*FACEPALM OF EPIC PROPORTIONS*

"I have a bad feeling too. The crazy nut... he mentioned his children or something coming for us... and these guys look like they were defending against something... let's get behind the benches, now."

*Shouting* "HEY! Ashley, Taric, get your lazy asses over here please. I have a very bad feeling right now."

Get behind the benches.

On another note, I really don't think I can do pistols. The already-made pistol images you gave me were too small (I'd have a choice between resizing them, or just making a pistol out of the small image, which will have low quality). And cutting a grip and trying to make a pistol out of it is proving to be very, very difficult.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: May 29, 2011, 04:47:02 am »

"OKAY! Looks like he wants us by the fortification, I'd say we better hurry over there" Head to the fortified circle.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: May 29, 2011, 06:05:44 am »

Nice work with the guns, Tarran. Makes me want to try my hand at it... I used to mess around alot with the GIMP, so... yeah. I might actually try my hand anyways... From scratch, just to see how hard it can be. Now, to find pictures to take inspiration from...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: May 29, 2011, 12:24:15 pm »

"I have a horrible, horrible, horrible feeling somthing is about to jump out and shoot out at me. Anyway, thanks. It's getting pretty crazy out here. Good lord, I wish I hadn't dropped that riot shield back at the ants..." James trailed off and hefted his Renfield. "You know, I REALLY, REALLY, don't feel good about this."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: May 29, 2011, 12:50:33 pm »

...I have a horrible, horrible, horrible feeling...
...something is not right here...
...I have a bad feeling..
...I have a bad feeling too...

I swear to god you're all going to get meta-ulcers if you keep on like that.  :P

Of course you're in a rotting indoor park filled with dead bodies while a psychotic zealot is weird at you and has said that he's sending people to get you. In light of that it doesn't seem odd that you're having strange feelings.

Except for Taric, whose stirring of strange feelings would probably be Necrophilia instead of dread.

Also...

Prepare to probably be shot at.

(Yes I'm running a turn before midnight, try not to faint.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: May 29, 2011, 12:54:07 pm »

Hey, even I have standards!

...Unless animating them through psionics and tricking people into thinking they're still alive counts...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: May 29, 2011, 01:45:09 pm »

??? Please don't. This isn't Call of Cthulu. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 602