Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528685 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 The fail is strong.
« Reply #3090 on: May 07, 2011, 08:52:47 pm »

Hmm, I'm trying to think of new psionic powers, but I'm only coming up with using empathetics to actively promote healing, using kinetics to disintegrate armor by vibrating it apart at the molecular level, and I'd bet both of those are hard to do. :-\ I'm guessing Trol's Shockwave earlier will be an acquirable power already?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: May 07, 2011, 10:54:25 pm »

Been trying something new with the intiative, the D100 lets me add your dex directly. Gives a more appreciable difference to things.
WOOO! Finally I'll get something to help my horrible initiative rolls!

You guys have shown an exceptional amount of creativity when mine is fading, so any suggestion is helpful.
How about a bonus if someone rolls a higher-than-100 initiative roll (from dexterity)? Like, say, no defense or dodging from defender.

Also, you need to post your action in my RTD, just so you know.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: May 08, 2011, 09:35:20 am »

"Smoke grenades aren't going to help in the middle of melee combat!" James said as he continued to maul the deadhead- i.e trying to bring it to the ground and slam its head against the ground repeatedly.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: May 08, 2011, 10:48:54 am »

Well generally no they wouldn't be as effective, but the deadheads have intelligence of a broken wristwatch and most of them aren't in melee range yet so it boils down to Dom's iniative and luck.

Hmm, I'm trying to think of new psionic powers, but I'm only coming up with using empathetics to actively promote healing, using kinetics to disintegrate armor by vibrating it apart at the molecular level, and I'd bet both of those are hard to do. :-\ I'm guessing Trol's Shockwave earlier will be an acquirable power already?

Disintegration is in, an evolution of pyro, Shockwave is an advanced basic skill. Accelerating the healing process is tricky but there are certainly things you could do. In.

Still trying to think of a way to make some form of advanced Melee weapon work for Tarran's request...

Running turn now.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: May 08, 2011, 12:14:33 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

East Group

The pair of deadheads that have already reached the group attack, the one that James attacked strikes back. [Melee 4 Vs Dodge 3] Striking him across the chest with a gnarled appendage, [Brawling 3] knocking him back but not damaging him unduly. (James health -3, stamina -3) The other deadhead [Target 4] Lunges for Teague, lashing out with thickened and warped nails. [Melee 2 Vs Dodge 2+1] Trol slips out of the way just in time, still sane enough to prevent harm to himself.

---

NW & SW Groups

The western groups continue to blunder toward you, [Dex 3, 5] the NW group falls behind, and the SW charges in, weapons leading. [Target rolls 2, 4, 2] The close in and attack Dominique and Trol, the first strikes at Dominique with hands that have fused into bony clubs, [Melee 4 Vs Dodge 3] striking her [Brawling 1] weakly in the forearm barely scuffing one of her armor plates. [Armor -2]

The one going after Teague raises a spiked fist, [Melee 5 Vs Dodge 2]hitting him [Brawling 2+1+1] in the chest but not causing real damage through the armor. (Trol Armor -12)

A third attacks Dom with a beat-up club [Melee 3+1 Vs Dodge 2] striking her from the side as she rolls away fro the weak attack of the first. [Brawling 5+1, Confirm critical 2 Vs Dom Soak 4, Critical confirm failed] The blow connects solidly with her scapula, narrowly missing her more vulnerable nape. (Dominique Armor -6, Stamina -6)   

---

Tarran Smith

"Can't see a problem with that plan, go go go!"

Get my Sleipnirs out and follow Dom.

Dom looks busy being beaten up right now, favoring number of shots of power you grab your SMGs and prepare to run when Dom is ready. Your radio continues to be talkative though, "Really, a plan? I love plans, what is it?  Does it involve you coming over to my place, because I've sent invitations but you rejected them... I was most distraught."

---

Taric Sizier

"Right" Follow dom's suggestion.

You, like Tarran, stand around and watch while the cybernetic clunkers whale on her with whatever they have on hand. You tap your foot impatiently while you wait for her to stop getting beaten up.

---

SE group

Yet another group of bumbling idiots rushes to join the melee, [dex 4] they close the last of the distance but aren't in a position to attack just yet.

---

Trol Grane

Run with dom.

[Sanity 2, Insanity 3]  You're about to join the others in watching Dom get hit with blunt objects when you suddenly realize that Wilczek's theory on Asymptotic freedom in regards to Quantum chromodynamics must be incorrect becau- OH MY GOD, YOUR BOOTS ARE UNLACED! You lose your train of thought completely and tie your shoes.

---

James Evan

"Smoke grenades aren't going to help in the middle of melee combat!" James said as he continued to maul the deadhead-

You continue to fight the deadhead, [Melee 2+1 Vs Dodge 5] unable to get a good blow on it as it twists out of the way. Good lord these things are irritating.

---

NE Group

Greatly confused by being covered in acid [Luck 3] the deadheads continue to sizzle and lumber forwards. [Dex 2] Their disintegrating flesh is slick though and they don't make it very far.

(Dead head 1 is now wounded, Deadhead 2 is now wounded)

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Screw this," Dom said, shouldering the Fuath and pulling out a smoke grenade. "When I pull the pin on this thing run north! Got it?" she yelled - to make sure everyone heard her- while getting ready to prime it.

You grab one of the grenades you took off the remains of Saun's gear and pull the pin, dropping it at your feet. The smoke grenade activates, pushing out plumes of smoke in the near windless environment. [Effectiveness 4, Deadhead observe 3-1] It seems to be providing pretty good cover, at least nothing has taken a swipe at you yet. You bolt roughly North, [Dex 5] even mostly blind you cover the unfamiliar terrain with speed.

After Dom drops the grenade and smoke fills the air Taric and Tarran bolt too, [Dex 2+1, 4+1] things are bit hairy but both of them make it through alright, heading roughly northish.

The NE group of deadheads, the only ones not in the cloud of smoke immediately move to pursue you. All things considered you aren't terribly worried.

At a glance status:

Warnings:

Trol only has 5 turns until he begins taking sanity penalties.

Location Changes:

Tarran, Dominique and Taric are heading North.

Cover and concealment

Deadheads 4-14 are concealed in a smoke cloud
James Evan is concealed in a smoke cloud
Trol Grane is concealed in a smoke cloud

Spoiler: Enemy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: May 08, 2011, 12:50:38 pm »

"This is much better" Take aim at the unconcealed deadheads.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: May 08, 2011, 01:17:35 pm »

Wow, Serious got a horrible initiative roll.

Slowly stalk closer to the cloud, ready to make a sneak attack on the Deadheads within.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: May 08, 2011, 03:02:03 pm »

Gah, run too! James decided it would be smarter to run now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: May 08, 2011, 03:56:39 pm »

Aye.

Dom pulled out the Abassy and switched on the laser sight. Now that we're not surrounded... she thought, taking a shot at Corrupted Deadhead 3.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: May 08, 2011, 10:38:06 pm »

Unga Bunga!

Well I've plotted out the skill charts, each ability splits into three parts, one upgrade, one that requires a seperate non-psy skill, and one that requires an amount of skill in the opposite psionic tree. Then each of those three diverge again into two parts, one straight up upgrade and one that requires some secondary skill.

This results in..

Uh...

198 Distinct psionic abilities.

Serious. I will punch you in the soul next time I see you.

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: May 08, 2011, 10:46:49 pm »

:3

You're in my spot, sir.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: May 09, 2011, 12:15:51 am »

Hey, I might start using psionics now. That's a lot of psionic abilities.

...Ha, you really thought I would turn back on my gun-only-final-destination pact? You wish. :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: May 09, 2011, 03:17:58 pm »

Hey, I might start using psionics now. That's a lot of psionic abilities.

Passive Kinetics gets... 54 of those abilities, so you won't be left out. Each type (Passive/active Kinetic/Empathetic) gets either 54 and 45 abilities. Granted It's impossible to get more than... 66 total abilities on a single character.

Looks like we're just waiting on me, turn will be up sometime within this decade.
---
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 602