Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528873 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Dom is strong, Trol is Unlucky.
« Reply #3015 on: May 03, 2011, 03:38:28 am »

"Dom, mind throwing him off the wall again?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: May 03, 2011, 09:48:25 am »

"I PITY THE FOO THAT WEARS MY PINK FLUFFY PAJAMAS!!!"

Starting to get hard to come up with weird things.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: May 03, 2011, 11:02:16 am »

You really don't have to constantly manifest your insanity, either way you've got 7 turns left until it's a great plan to foist your consciousness off on someone/thing.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: May 03, 2011, 07:16:24 pm »

You sure that psionic thing he did didn't braindamage him?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: May 03, 2011, 07:25:03 pm »

As The GM? Yes, I'm sure. :P He'll descend further into madness later if he doesn't body snatch soon though.

NOW POST AN ACTION POWDER SO I CAN RUN THE TURN.  >:(

Also just for future reference, since he hasn't gone through orientation James will heal at one quarter speed compared to everyone else, this is especially relevant to stuff like punctured lungs and broken bones. You will also accumulate radiation four times faster and your body will flush it out at 1/4th of the rate that theirs will. You're only human.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: May 03, 2011, 07:45:32 pm »

I leave with them. OH GOD RADIATION I AM GOING TO DIE WHY BWAAAAH.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: May 03, 2011, 07:57:28 pm »

Well, at least it isn't chaos radiation...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: May 03, 2011, 09:23:54 pm »

Well, at least it isn't chaos radiation...

You kidding? I'd take chaos radiation over generic radiation any day. Becoming a centaur or gaining claws or even really tiny lungs beats the hell out of vomiting and shitting blood everywhere before feeling fine for a week and then doing it again, twice as bad.

Radiation is fun stuff, and I'm not pulling Fallout 3 style instant effect radiation either, it'll hit you sideways after the fact.

Running turn now!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:26:05 pm by Draignean »
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: May 03, 2011, 09:27:28 pm »

You kidding? I'd take chaos radiation over generic radiation any day. Becoming a centaur or gaining claws or even really tiny lungs beats the hell out of vomiting and shitting blood everywhere before feeling fine for a week and then doing it again, twice as bad.
Trust me, you've only seen the not-so-bad mutations so far. It can be far, far worse, especially when they stack...

And remember that you can also turn into a chaos blob. Don't forget that.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: May 03, 2011, 09:31:27 pm »

I don't know... Chaos radiation at least has a shot of doing something beneficial, standard radiation doesn't.

Also, you guys need to think of what you want included in the expansion pack other than new skills. :P
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: May 03, 2011, 10:08:32 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Taric, stop it. Get your ass back here!"

Grab Taric and drag him along while trying to use his radio.

You grab Taric by his scruff and haul him along with you, liberating him of his radio and flicking it on. [Luck 3] The channel has static on it, but nothing more. You call into it a couple of times but you get nothing, he isn't picking up or he can't pick up. Being an AI he probably isn't in the shower or getting a bite to eat either.

---

Taric Sizier

"FIRST THINGS FIRST!" Go and complain about the parts.

You yell about the quality of the parts from the bottom of the wall, Tarren grabs you from behind and drags you along with the rest of the group. You moan about Teague being crazy instead while you walk behind Dominique.

---

Trol Grane

"I PITY THE FOO THAT WEARS MY PINK FLUFFY PAJAMAS!!!"

You speak madness for a while [Sanity 3] before the sane voice in your head tells you to shutteth the fuck up.

---

James Evan

I leave with them.

You follow the group generically, [Luck 4] you avoid tripping on stuff, running into people, and making miraculous discoveries. How vanilla.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"We'd better hurry back to the ship while there's light. Taric, do you think that radio's working?" Dom asked, trying to remember what direction they had come from. If we could find the passage Taric burnt, I'm sure from there we can find the melted mite corpse. Unless the ants ate it. If they didn't though, we might be able to get back from there.

You take point, looking for the path that Taric burnt into the plants. [Observation 4] It takes you a couple minutes but you're able to find the end of the trail where the party scattered. Leading the others you set out down the charred path.

---

All

Dominique leads you down the path as it progressively narrows. You take the trail at a more stately pace than when you were last here, it's easier too and you feel as if you'd lost 20-40 pounds each. The air is getting progressively humid, hotter with every passing minute too. The fog that obscured the roof of the canopy has thickened, backlit by glowing fungus it's quite pretty. It bears a striking resemblance to clouds now, as if it put a point on the observation some of the clouds in the distance flare into brighter light and you here something strangely like thunder.

After a bit you reach where the mite's should have been, instead Dom finds the impact crater from where Teague let loose his shockwave. It has unfortunately also destroyed the trail from this point on, you might be able to find it again but it'll be alot more difficult to find. [Luck 1] [Creature type 6] [Group awareness 2] You think something is watching you... Something large. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:12:16 pm by Draignean »
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: May 03, 2011, 10:11:13 pm »

Taric Sizier

"FIRST THINGS FIRST!" Go and complain about the parts.

You yell about the quality of the parts from the bottom of the wall, Taric grabs you from behind and drags you along with the rest of the group. You moan about Teague being crazy instead while you walk behind Dominique.
Wut.

"...Anyone else feel like we're being watched?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: May 03, 2011, 10:14:35 pm »

Whoops fixed, your names are similar so when I touch typed it comes out randomly.

You want the good news on said critter, or the bad news?
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: May 03, 2011, 10:17:01 pm »

I'd prefer the bad news. With a 6 the creature is obviously going to murderdeathkill us, I just want to know how badly.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: May 03, 2011, 10:18:45 pm »

"Ohhhh god. Why do I get the feeling that some monster's about to jump out and maul us? Maaaaybe we should run." James got ready to RUN.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 602