Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529515 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 James, Ja- OH GOD THE ANTS, WHY?!?!?
« Reply #2655 on: April 20, 2011, 03:46:16 pm »

"Just try damnit!" Preferably near Teague ;)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: April 20, 2011, 05:08:19 pm »

James almost got sick, and ditched the riot shield and ran away as fastas possible whilst trying to kill the ants that are on him.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: April 21, 2011, 04:39:48 am »

i have an feeling spy will soon join the game.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: April 21, 2011, 12:20:29 pm »

Taric Sizier

Burn a path out of here!

Using the heat from the wall you just made should be easier than making it all now, but still... this might not work. Not that you've got a lot of choice. [Pyrokinesis Air 20, 5+1-2+1] (-20 Stamina) You pull off the mental feat with skill and power, though it drains you significantly. A heatwave lashes out from your old wall of fire, carving a flaming path through the swarm. This is going to hurt. You run through the path, breathing in the sweet stench of burning carapace and trying not to feel your flesh crisping. (-5 HP)

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Damnit..." Dom grunted in frustration as James rushed out. We gotta be moving on before they get us too. ...damn it. "Come on, this way!" she yelled, turning to run in the direction of Hensfield while she reloaded the Fuath.

You make for the burning path that Taric made, after your prior experience the path is particularly unpleasant but it does keep the ants from devouring you. (-5 HP)

---

Tarran Smith

"Holy shit what the hell?! ANTS?! Goddammit, I don't have anything to fight them with! James, get out of there NOW!"

If I see the opportunity, get James out of the pile of ants. Otherwise, follow Taric.

James is completely covered in Ants but he's still struggling... ah to hell with common sense. He may be a beacon of bacon to the ants but you aren't leaving another human behind just so you can make good your escape. Your abilities don't lean much towards doing stuff on purpose so you just go with it, yelling at the swarm and thrusting your hand directly into the mass that's covering James. [Luck 1] You find a metric fuckton of ants, and they bite and burn your hands and forearms and begin crawling up your arms and onto your body. [Passive Kinetics 4+1] You snarl in pain at the tiny aggressors, and all of the ones that are touching your skin explode with tiny pops. (-5 HP)

---

James Evan

James almost got sick, and ditched the riot shield and ran away as fastas possible whilst trying to kill the ants that are on him.

Screaming and covered in ants you jerk upright again and try to run, throwing away the encumbering riot shield. [luck 3] You manage to orient yourself vaguely in the direction of the circle and stumble at it, beating at the ants that still cover you. (-20 HP) The swarm follows you, reaching out amorphous appendages to draw you back in. You pass Tarran who's rooting through one of the piles of ants, oh God, they must have gotten somebody else. [Observation 4] You spot the flaming path and throw yourself into it, delighting in the sizzling pops of the ants that cover you even as you burn. (-5 HP)

---

Trol Grane

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!" Follow the group out of there

[Sanity roll 2, Insanity 6, Target 5, The swarm] You turn to run, to flee screaming, but something else overtakes you and you turn slowly from safety and back to where the ants reach to consume yourself and Tarran. Laughing wildly you drive your fist into the ground. [Shockwave, 50 special, 5+2-4 Insanity boost, difficulty] A shield surrounds you briefly, crystal and perfect, then it expands with bone snapping force. It hits the ants like a hurricane, ripping up dirt from the ground and splattering little dribblets of ant ichor across trees and ground as it crushes millions of the little beasts. As it hits Tarran it parts around him as though it were made of silk and the closes back behind him in the blink of an eye, continuing to crush and throw back the ants. You now standing in the middle of circular clearing, fifty yards in diameter. Tarran is looking at you with surprise and alarm.

Devouring Swarm is hurt

---

Devouring Swarm

As the shockwave's front fades out and the mound of ant corpses it was carrying drops the Swarm pauses to devour their own and send the resulting slurry back to the hive. The tide of ants is effectively stemmed until they're done eating.

Swarm delayed for two turns 

Spoiler: Enemy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:23:44 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Trol (Finally) has a boss moment
« Reply #2660 on: April 21, 2011, 01:13:05 pm »

Hooray for extremely high Passive Kinetics!

Also, Hooray for Trol's extremely powerful shockwave.

Also2, I just realized I forgot to give Dom back her medpack.

Also3, Draignean, you forgot to level up my skills from when you gave us more points at the end of the escape.

"...How...?"

Use the medpack on James.

Try to remember how I exploded those ants and figure out how to do it again.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 01:32:33 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: April 21, 2011, 01:16:11 pm »

is trol an insane psychic titan who can only use his full power when insane?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: April 21, 2011, 01:24:42 pm »

Also3, Draignean, you forgot to level up my skills from when you gave us more points at the end of the escape.

Use the medpack on James.

Haven't forgotten, just haven't gotten around to it yet. On anyone.

Also, James is currently running through the flaming path that Taric made. Healing him would take 1-2 turns and the path deals 5 damage per turn. Might want to wait until he's out of the path.

is trol an insane psychic titan who can only use his full power when insane?

Trol is just frickin' insane, as such when he makes great rolls like that he can do things nobody else can do. The exertion of doing so will catch up to him in three turns though.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 01:27:28 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 21, 2011, 01:31:33 pm »

Also, James is currently running through the flaming path that Taric made. Healing him would take 1-2 turns and the path deals 5 damage per turn. Might want to wait until he's out of the path.
Oh. Well, I guess I'm not doing it then.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: April 21, 2011, 01:33:56 pm »

Oh. Well, I guess I'm not doing it then.

All yo stats be updated.

Trol is getting rather Joat skill set.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: April 21, 2011, 03:49:15 pm »

RUN! also expand the path so we don't ge burned.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:01:45 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 21, 2011, 04:38:45 pm »

Dom, unaware of the goings-on behind her other than a massive shockwave, doubled her speed. Whatever was going on back there, she wanted no part of it. "Come on guys, this way!" she yelled to Tarran, James, and Teague. Taric was already ahead of her, so she turned to look over her shoulder and see how the others were faring. If necessary, she would spray some more acid to try and clear them a path over.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:11:06 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 21, 2011, 05:19:55 pm »

"AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!" James continued to run at maximum speed. Away from the burning fire of pain.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: April 21, 2011, 06:56:02 pm »

(In the interest of making it easier for Draignean to determine what I'm actually trying to do, I'm just going to state my actions in bold after my RPing.)

Have I made a horrible mistake in your action?  :'(

"AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!" James continued to run at maximum speed. Away from the burning fire of pain.

Burning fire of pain is good, it keeps the ants at bay and kills the ones that are still on you.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: April 21, 2011, 06:56:50 pm »

Yeah but it might kill me if I stay in it for too long. Run along the path to the exit.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 602