Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529559 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 The AI is about to get slapped
« Reply #2640 on: April 20, 2011, 12:56:29 am »

I'm not going to nudge because I would be a hippocryte.

...I nudged with this post, didn't I?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: April 20, 2011, 02:15:21 pm »

Hippo!

Okay, sorry for not updating, had an interesting day. More migraine meds, so I blame it on being unable to concentrate, a pack of ninjas, Powder not bolding his actions, and being attacked by chickens.

*Reviews actions*  I already know the title of this turn, before I've even run in it.

One of you had a phenomenally bad idea.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: April 20, 2011, 02:16:01 pm »

Me?

EDIT: Damnit powder, I was trying to kill trol to get Ze spy in :(
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: April 20, 2011, 02:18:58 pm »

Hippo!
*Facepalm* Damn spellchecker.

*Reviews actions*  I already know the title of this turn, before I've even run in it.

One of you had a phenomenally bad idea.
Pretty sure it's not me.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 James, Ja- OH GOD THE ANTS, WHY?!?!?
« Reply #2644 on: April 20, 2011, 02:25:49 pm »

Jeez. Powder's gonna die. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: April 20, 2011, 02:28:19 pm »

Death is only the beginning.

No wait, actually it is the end. Sorry, my bad.

Running turn now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: April 20, 2011, 02:28:56 pm »

WWHHHHYYYY POWDER, WWWHHHHYYYY?!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: April 20, 2011, 02:32:49 pm »

Well, you could always ask Draignean to put him in your head if you want to.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: April 20, 2011, 02:34:53 pm »

Only if he's still living. Not doing that if he's dead of it risks my life.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: April 20, 2011, 03:25:15 pm »

Tarran Smith

Get my Ichneumon out, make myself as small as possible.

In a very captainly way you cower for your life behind a convenient rock. Dom can get it, yeah. Or one of the others, you're just going to sit here and make sure the command assets are properly secured.

---

Taric Sizier

Sense the bastard. Burn them as well.

Like Dominique you extend your senses, [Kinetics 2] getting only a blur of movement and tiny shapes before you have to retreat. Damnit this isn't going well, at this rate it's going to be on you before you even see it. You try something else, heating the air in a half circle around part of the group. [Pyrokinesis Air 20, 4+1-2] (-20 Stamina) It's more than a little tricky and your concentration nearly slips badly but you are rewarded with the crackling pops of the mushrooms flash boiling and then igniting, the flame is dim and smoky, and tinged with peculiar colors, but it does illuminate the threat.

Ants. Millions of them. They move towards the group like a breaking wave of dark chitin, making only faint whispers of sound as it closes in on you. Your wall of heat should keep them at bay for a time. You hope.

Wall of fire protecting Right flank of group, will fade in three turns unless maintained, 10 stamina per turn to maintain.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Teague, roll in the damn dirt now so it can't find us!" Dom yelled while spraying the Fuath northwest randomly in the hopes of hitting something before firing it southwest and southeast as well. She was sure it closing in on the spores.

Taric's flames illuminate the threat, you counter by spraying acid Northwest and then Southwest, you aren't sure what would happen if you sprayed the fuath through Taric's flame wall that's holding the east. [Luck 4, 2] You lay a good line into the wall of ants in the northwest, but the tank on the Fuath empties before you can do much in the southwest.

Ant approach from the Northwest quarter delayed by one turn.

---

James Evan

"What in the heck?" Raise riot shield and charge into mass firing Renfield, at top possible speed and force.

You charge out of the defensive circle with your borrowed SMG in hand, firing spikes into the ants. [Luck 4] The problem with the Renfield is that the spikes are so small, excruciatingly painful in a human, but downright worthless against the ants. Your spectacular barrage pierces straight through the swarm, killing maybe twenty or thirty ants. Undaunted you charge, [Str 3+1] hurling yourself into the swarm with unmatched fury. Thousands of them die beneath your mighty stomping shoes and blindly waving arms.

You are outside the defensive circle. The devouring swarm is unhurt.

---

Trol Grane

Roll, then set it on fire

Like the others you take the hint to get a good coat of dirt on your slime coat before you do anything else, by the time you're up Taric has already made a half circle of super-heated air and burning mushroom and James has already engaged the enemy. [Sanity roll 3] The flames seem like a good plan, even if they're going to exclude James... Still letting the ants get in here could kill you all. [Pyrokinesis, air 20, 2-2] [Luck 4] You botch the psionics, causing only a brief disturbance in the air before it dies down again. (-20 Stamina)

---

Devouring Swarm

[Detection roll 4+1 Direct contact Vs James luck 2] The dirt that James managed to plate over the blue coat of spores strips away as he thrashes his way into and through the swarm, rubbing off on the endless tide of ants. The swarm around him reorients in seconds, piling into him. [James Luck 4] James has the presence of mind to close his eyes and mouth and wrap his hands over his head to keep them from getting in his ears. Still they flood over him, covering him completely beneath a sea of chitin, biting and burning they work into his clothing, into his nose as he tries to breathe, and they swarm over every inch of exposed flesh. (James HP -25, covered in ants, spores no longer hidden.)

The good news is that James charged through the Southwest, and the ants are too busy stripping the flesh from his bones to keep attacking this quadrant. The wall of fire halts the advance from the North and south east quadrants and Dominique's acid spray holds them at bay in the Northwest.

Spoiler: Enemy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:27:59 pm by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: April 20, 2011, 03:28:15 pm »

Burn a path out of here!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: April 20, 2011, 03:35:17 pm »

"Damnit..." Dom grunted in frustration as James rushed out. We gotta be moving on before they get us too. ...damn it. "Come on, this way!" she yelled, turning to run in the direction of Hensfield while she reloaded the Fuath.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: April 20, 2011, 03:37:39 pm »

"Holy shit what the hell?! ANTS?! Goddammit, I don't have anything to fight them with! James, get out of there NOW!"

If I see the opportunity, get James out of the pile of ants. Otherwise, follow Taric.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: April 20, 2011, 03:39:34 pm »

"Use Pyrokinesis!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: April 20, 2011, 03:44:11 pm »

"I don't know how! I've never used Psionics before!"
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 602