Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527238 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 1, Don't psy angry.
« Reply #990 on: March 16, 2011, 01:33:52 pm »

Yes! Perfect shot!

Pull out my Jormungandr and reload it. Fire at the other walker's leg if I have the time.

So reload the Assault rifle and and fire with the Ichneumon, or fire with the Jormungandr?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 16, 2011, 03:52:34 pm »

Yes! Perfect shot!

Pull out my Jormungandr and reload it. Fire at the other walker's leg if I have the time.

So reload the Assault rifle and and fire with the Ichneumon, or fire with the Jormungandr?
With the Jormungander. I don't have any more ammo for the Ichne-...

Oh, wait, I do have ammo for it. Huh, 'thought it was out.

ACTION CHANGE: Reload my Ichneumon and fire at the other leg.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 16, 2011, 09:02:59 pm »

Darnit, someone post! >:(

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 16, 2011, 09:04:12 pm »

err... No that i look at it, that would be my fault...

I was waiting on Trol, who already posted.

So I've been waiting most of the day to post the next action because I missed Trol...

*Fail palm.*

I'll run it shortly.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 16, 2011, 09:05:29 pm »

*Faceplate smash*

Well I think we found a bug in the system :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 16, 2011, 09:34:34 pm »

Eh, it's my fault for burying his post within quote pyramids. Feel free to throw rotten tomatoes at me. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 16, 2011, 10:09:33 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Hake Nohken

[Melee 5+1] [Critical roll 3 vs Hake precognition 3+2, confirm failed] Ignoring the walker's damaged leg Hake slices an arm brutally across the front of the unchained group, Hake reacts quickly and the Unchained back up in unison but the front ranks just aren't fast enough and the shimmering rail on the arm slices a pair of of the foremost unchained into chunks. Praetor Morgan's scream of rage is barely human when echoed through the lips of the remaining unchained.

Unchained link reduced by 2, 16 remain

---

Taric Sizier

Must...Keep...Firing

Barely even thinking now you pull the trigger again, keeping a marksman's slow steady rhythm. A part of you is vaguely aware that you're going to need to be carried away from this fight once the adrenaline and endorphin cocktail fades, but this just isn't the time for that. [Marksman 4] [Walker shield roll 3+2-3] The beam burns through, suffering only slightly from the shield and sears into to armor [Armor roll 2+3-3] burning into the walker's back again.

---

Unchained link

Foregoing shields in blind rage Morgan copies whatever the hell Hake was doing earlier. [Voidcracker 5+2+2-1 tiring] Except he does it effectively. The entire room falls into twilight as the unchained draw in energy. [Unchained general stamina 3] A few of them are visibly pale and shaking but they remain standing.

---

Trol Grane

Shoot some more with the irin

Setting the pistol back in its holster you close the distance to Hake while you draw the Irin, [Dex 2] You fire a too soon and are out of the Irin's optimum range. [Marksman 6] [Shield roll 2+4+2] At this range the shot from the Irin is too diffuse to penetrate and merely makes a couple of flashy sparks.

The Irin is discharged.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Damn it!" Dom growled, putting away the carbine. It wasn't doing any good here, and she was sure her pistol wasn't going to do any better. That left two options: jump on the mech, pry open the cockpit, and yank the bastard out with her bare hands, or try psionics. She wasn't nearly as skilled as the Praetor, but she might have the advantage of surprise. What should I do...? She wasn't sure she could get through the shield if she tried the first option. All right, something else then.

She thought back to orientation. Telekinesis was just one of the few things she had been shown; there was the possibility of trying to cut the walker down or just hit it as hard as she could with everything she had. Its leg was already injured, so knocking it over seemed to be the better choice, and she gathered her mental energy. "All right you big bastard, you're going down!" she growled as she unleashed it.

The injured walker could topple if you hit it hard enough, and hit it you shall. [Slam 20kN, 5', 4] (-20 Stamina) [Walker shield roll 2+2] The psionic attack crunches against the shield, scattering argent and fiery red particles as it does so. Normally the Walker wouldn't have had any trouble adjusting to the force of the blast, but with the injured leg, well to every action.... [Luck roll 5] The shield was hard and the blast  even though it doesn't penetrate causes the walker to rock sideways. [Walker dex 1-3 (Bonus negated)] It staggers sideways on the seeping leg and topples over with a loud thud.

-2 to Hake's next initiative roll, you are exhausted.

---

Tarran Smith

Reload my Ichneumon and fire at the other leg.

[Dex roll 3+2] You work the speedloader through the rifle with lightning speed, firing the heavy weapon once more. Your shoulder is going to have some bruises from this baby. [Marksman 4+1+1] [Shield roll 4+2-3] [Confirm critical 3 walker armor 4+3-5, confirmed] The armor piercing slug blasts through the Walker's other knee joint, crippling the thing's mobility.

Walker is severely wounded

----

Prototype Bio-Walker

Legs disables, mobility hampered. Hibernation recommended for survival, overridden by control. Deploy primary ORS sacs to damage areas to augment psionic bracing

The walker shudders and begins trying to rise on the ruins of it's legs, which are more ORS than leg when it comes to the knees. Knowing the thing is alive and aware makes it a pitiful sight.

---

Status
Warning: Tarran's health is below 50%
Warning: Taric's health is below 30%
Warning: Trol's health is below 50%

Trol is Fatigued
Taric is Exhausted
Dom is Exhausted

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 16, 2011, 10:13:14 pm »

Fire!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 16, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »

Reload the last Sabot into the Ichneumon.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:27:05 pm by Tarran »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 16, 2011, 10:20:28 pm »

Put in another speedloader and load a round in.

You have one round left, not enough to put one in the speed loader.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 16, 2011, 10:26:47 pm »

Put in another speedloader and load a round in.

You have one round left, not enough to put one in the speed loader.
...What? Uh... Oh... Meh. Changed the action. I really wish the weapon had a straightforward clip reloading. Kinda confusing.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 16, 2011, 10:28:45 pm »

Hmm... I'll work that out when we start Ch. 2. (I don't like changing things mid-chapter without a very good reason.)
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 16, 2011, 10:46:30 pm »

Poor Walker. It should rebel against the independents and its pilot, and join the Unchained!

Anyway, when I'm free, I think I'll try to intimidate enemies with insane screaming like Powder Maceman insane people.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 17, 2011, 02:08:39 am »

Panting heavily, Dom watched the thing fall over. Good... bastard... she thought as she fell to her hands and knees, too tired to even stay standing. Damn it... just need to catch my breath... She managed to fall back clumsily into a sitting position so she could better keep an eye on the walker and rested for the moment.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 602