Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527305 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, In which people are very lucky
« Reply #465 on: February 26, 2011, 04:52:24 am »

Dom leaned her weight on that foot. Although it meant dividing her attention, she reloaded the pistol while applying pressure, so she'd be ready for the next group they might encounter. Once this guy was dead, she'd take his shield, then see about helping her allies.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 26, 2011, 10:16:14 am »

Stop, Drop, and Roll

You guys can finish them off, right? i think that i've done my part as meatshield.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 26, 2011, 10:17:04 am »

Yay for you not getting shot  :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 26, 2011, 03:04:06 pm »

Reload a clip into my SMG and examine the source of the leader-body's whistling.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 26, 2011, 03:59:15 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Blue Independent

Try to remain conscious, struggle

[End roll 1] Choking heavily the independent struggles only feebily before passing out from lack of air.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom leaned her weight on that foot. Although it meant dividing her attention, she reloaded the pistol while applying pressure, so she'd be ready for the next group they might encounter. Once this guy was dead, she'd take his shield, then see about helping her allies.

You continue to crush the man's throat even as he goes limp, [Str 4+2, Confirm critical, Auto-confirmed] the man's spine crunches audibly as you drive your heel into his neck. After he's dead you take your weight off of him and reload your pistol.

---

Trol Grane

Stop, Drop, and Roll

You throw the wounded independent away from you, slamming him to the wall. [Str roll 6, Confirm critical 3, independent luck 5, critical not confirmed] His body smashes into the wall heavily, aggravating the damage to his ribs. [Independent End 2] The man doesn't pass out, but he looks pretty stunned. Freed of your burden you attempt to roll and extinguish the fire on you. [Luck roll 4] you extinguish the parts of your clothing that are on fire, but the chemical fire continues burning on you. (Fire Damage per turn reduced to 5)

-5 hp

---

Taric Sizier

Fire

As the man tries to recover from Trol's throw you fire a pulse from your rifle into him. [Marksman roll 4+1 target stunned] Hitting him and [Independent armor roll 4-3] slicing through his crude armor, and burning a hole through his ribcage. (Red independent is near death and mortally wounded, taking automatic damage every turn.)

---

Red Independent

Fu....

Stunned for this round

---

Tarran Smith

Reload a clip into my SMG and examine the source of the leader-body's whistling.

You reload, the others seem to have the battle well in hand and you examine the burning corpse of the fallen Independent, trying to find the source of the strange noise. [Failed roll not shown] Hmm, you can't find anything obvious... The chemical pool is still burning too fiercely for you to make out much more than dark shapes in the fire. [Failed roll not shown]

---

Independent Leader

Explode

As Tarran examines his corpse the whistling peaks, and the leader's incendiary reload canisters explode in a fireball of sticky pain.

[Tarran Luck roll 2-1-1 Epicenter, surprised] Tarran is flung back into the wall by the explosion, [Soak roll 2+1] smashing his back into the wall. Man, those are going to be some impressive bruises. (On fire -10 hp per turn, -20 HP)

[Luck roll 6] The explosion is almost strangely local, and no one else is harmed.   

---

STATUS

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:03:17 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, In which Tarran is severely burned.
« Reply #470 on: February 26, 2011, 04:16:04 pm »

...Ouch.

"AW SHIT. MOTHER-..." Attempt to put myself out.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 26, 2011, 04:17:25 pm »

Dom grabbed the shield, then looked over at the sound of the explosion. "Ah, shit!" she said, just noticing that two of her allies were on fire. She immediately looked up to see if there was some sort of sprinkler system she could activate to try and help them out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 26, 2011, 04:26:15 pm »

"Fire Buddies!!" Seriously, put myself out

[bratty child] Hey, I was on fire first! why is it about tarran? [/bratty child]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 26, 2011, 07:00:33 pm »

Look for anthing to help with the fire

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 26, 2011, 07:03:07 pm »

[bratty child] Hey, I was on fire first! why is it about tarran? [/bratty child]
Because I'm more important than you. :P

But seriously, we ignored your fire since, ya know, we had a bunch of bad guys trying to kill us at the time.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 26, 2011, 07:31:59 pm »

Dom was in a martial trance. She wouldn't have noticed Tarran on fire either if there wasn't an explosion. :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 26, 2011, 10:03:13 pm »

I was more than willing to pay homage to one of my favorite RTDs to watch by setting you on fire, but changing the thread title to "Trol on Fire" is getting into plagiarism. :P Plus most of the new titles for the thread that reference a specific character have been about Tarran. (Tarran gets trigger happy, Tarran gets crispy fried, etc)

Will run the turn shortly.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 26, 2011, 10:10:34 pm »

Plus most of the new titles for the thread that reference a specific character have been about Tarran. (Tarran gets trigger happy, Tarran gets crispy fried, etc)
Because I am so important. Everyone, bow down before me!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 26, 2011, 10:15:37 pm »

Burn here you  8)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 26, 2011, 11:16:39 pm »

NPC Effects from previous round

The last of the independent squad coughs up blood from his ruined lungs, dying from Taric's laser burst.

Red independent is now dead.

---

Tarran Smith

"AW SHIT. MOTHER-..." Attempt to put myself out.

You've had worse than this, you can't really conjure when but you're sure you have sometime. You focus your mind and try to do what you did by reflex earlier. [Active Kinetics roll 5] (-5 Stamina) It takes an effort of will but the flame slides off you and your clothing as though you were glass, and you quickly remove yourself from the resulting puddle of fire at your feet.

Battle Fatigue: [Stamina roll 4] -15 Stamina

No longer on fire

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom grabbed the shield, then looked over at the sound of the explosion. "Ah, shit!" she said, just noticing that two of her allies were on fire. She immediately looked up to see if there was some sort of sprinkler system she could activate to try and help them out.

You grab the dead Independent's shield and look to the source of the explosion, Tarran is already picking himself up from the wall and he literally brushes the fire off his clothing as if he'd just gotten himself dusty. Ookay, that still leaves Trol on fire. You look around for something to put the fire out with [Luck roll 4] and find that while there is no sprinkler system due to the general lack of flammable materials there is a canister of fire retardant glop on the wall. Thank those asinine technocrats for standardized modular facilities, you grab the canister and spray down Trol. [Quickshot roll 4+1 target is friendly] You manage to get a good coat of the thick and fizzing chemical on him, putting out the last of his flames.

Battle Fatigue: [Stamina Roll 2+1] -25 Stamina

Item Added: Riot Shield

---

Taric Sizier

Look for anthing to help with the fire

You start to look for something to put the flames out with but it looks like Dom's got everything under control. The canister she grabs is completely effective, and the foul smelling glop puts out the flames almost instantly.

Battle Fatigue: [Stamina Roll 4] -5 Stamina

---

Trol Grane

Put myself out

You beat at yourself, trying to rid your body of flames. [Luck roll 2] You fail miserably, but Dominique comes to your rescue with a canister of... well you don't know what it is but it puts out fires and smells funny. You are immensely relieved to no longer be on fire, but the burns are still quite painful.

Battle Fatigue: [Stamina Roll 5] -20 Stamina

---

Spoiler: Items On ground (click to show/hide)

Status

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Picking up equipment is a free action, so feel free to squabble amongst each other for who gets what.
---
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 602