36-45
- 23 (4%)
46-55
- 5 (0.9%)
56+
- 8 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 580

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: How Old Are You?  (Read 19529 times)

obeliab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How Old Are You?
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2011, 11:48:33 am »

Heyyo majority!

Let's waif about and waste our degrees while working menial jobs and drinking too much.

Wait... what?

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2011, 12:37:16 pm »

I am twelve.

Ah yes, 12 years old. The age where people still think you're innocent, but you're really not.\

Eh? Well that does sound bad. I guess I'm just too used to my schoolmates complaints. The "worst school ever" is not in Cleveland's suburbs, no matter what they might say.

Northern Ohio, where sanity becomes bored and plays DF all day!

Lucky. You live in the area with good schools. Do you know anyone else who plays df well?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:41:24 pm by Megaman3321 »
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2011, 12:59:21 pm »

Eh? Well that does sound bad. I guess I'm just too used to my schoolmates complaints. The "worst school ever" is not in Cleveland's suburbs, no matter what they might say.

Northern Ohio, where sanity becomes bored and plays DF all day!

Isnt cleveland just a urban myth? Like Bielefeld here?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2011, 07:31:30 pm »

Lucky. You live in the area with good schools. Do you know anyone else who plays df well?
Not Really. I found DF while bumming around on TV Tropes. I've tried to get my friends to play it, but they refused to use a tutorial or look up anything, leading to frustration and quitting. One still periodically plays adventure mode, and, given what people usually do in adventure mode (I.E. mass slaughter) he might just be psychopathic.

Isnt cleveland just a urban myth? Like Bielefeld here?

What? No! Cleveland is a real place! It's definitely NOT the cover for a factory that grinds people into paste and then uses that paste as a preservative in TV dinners! None has ever gotten onto a plane for Cleveland and never returned! I am most assuredly not in a forced-labor camp and am trying to get you to visit and be ground up as the aforementioned paste, just so that I might get more DF time!
By the way, does anyone want to meet in RL? I live at 666 MeatGrinder Ln., so come and visit some time!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:33:42 pm by NotPete »

Garth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2011, 11:22:20 pm »

I like how 18-21 is lower than the ages around it.

Come on Freshmen and Sophmores, get your shit together.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2011, 11:27:40 pm »

Well, like I said earlier, I'm 20, but I'm only a couple weeks from being 21.

Also, Freshman and Sophomores? Are you talking about first year and second year students in post-secondary education? I understood that freshman referred to first-years, but I've never been able to remember the other terms for the others. I live in Canada, so I don't use the same kind of slang.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2011, 11:34:43 pm »

It goes freshman - sophomore - junior - senior.  In college, it is technically determined by the number of credits you've taken, though it really comes down to what year you are.

Anyway, I'm 24 and still slogging my way through (graduate) school.

roguester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2011, 11:06:43 am »

I like how 18-21 is lower than the ages around it.

Come on Freshmen and Sophmores, get your shit together.
Well it's a narrower slice than the other options. Also, 18 is listed twice so some could be in the younger bracket.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2011, 11:09:03 am »

Well it's a narrower slice than the other options. Also, 18 is listed twice so some could be in the younger bracket.
*файспалм*
*Facepalm*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2011, 11:35:05 am »

What? No! Cleveland is a real place! It's definitely NOT the cover for a factory that grinds people into paste and then uses that paste as a preservative in TV dinners! None has ever gotten onto a plane for Cleveland and never returned! I am most assuredly not in a forced-labor camp and am trying to get you to visit and be ground up as the aforementioned paste, just so that I might get more DF time!
By the way, does anyone want to meet in RL? I live at 666 MeatGrinder Ln., so come and visit some time!

Quick, show them your Tourism video!  Surely that will get people to come to visit!
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2011, 11:37:34 am »

10 years old, nerdy as ****, and more then a little bit morbid.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2011, 11:51:18 am »

Quick, show them your Tourism video!  Surely that will get people to come to visit!
We have that on billboards around town to cheer people up.
"Damn. I might of have lost my job, had my house repossessed, been stabbed, and gotten aids from a fish, but you know what, at least I'm not in Detroit. Thanks billboard, thanks."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2011, 01:20:31 pm »

I'm genuinely surprised here. That's a very young age to be on this forum.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2011, 01:55:26 pm »

I'm genuinely surprised here. That's a very young age to be on this forum.

Well, I loved the old Commodore 64 AD&D games and some of the Civil War games my father had bought when I was about four or five years old.  Those were complex, and the civil war games were basically just blue and grey bars with numbers on the bottom of the screen walking over very basic representations of green up arrow forests (although it was actual graphics, and not ASCII).  I wasn't very good at playing them, but I was capable of comprehending at least enough of the basics to get through.

Of course, I had to play against myself since nobody would play those games with me, and Mother said they were "too complex for her", so I made the Union always win because I liked the color blue better than grey. 

Or doing things like playing Axis And Allies against myself, because nobody else would play with me because it was either "too complex" or "nobody wanted to play with a kid" or "it took too long to set up" (no it didn't, I set it up just fine by myself)...

... You know, suddenly why I do things like drafting 60-page proposals for modelling ecosystems in DF instead of going outside or talking to people in real life comes into much sharper focus...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2011, 01:57:30 pm »

*text*
Hi!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18