Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148132 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1620 on: July 05, 2013, 05:57:36 pm »

Prism stones are the weirdest troll item...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 05, 2013, 08:29:07 pm »

So much has happened. I got Live and have been Co-opping through NG+ with my best friend. He's a Havel tank, I'm a maxed-out mage, and it's been a blast. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get online at the same time since Anor Londo, so I had to fight O&S on my own. I managed to kill Ornstein 2nd on NG+, after I don't know how many tries, but I hope to help him defeat them still. Man, jolly co-operation is awesome!

In fact, it's so awesome that I started another character for a challenge play. He was going to be dual shields, but that sucked so I went for dual cestus instead. I've only gotten to the depths so far, but I've also spent most of my time helping people by punching the bell gargoyles to death.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 06, 2013, 12:47:49 am »

Disagree.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 06, 2013, 12:55:22 am »

In fact, it's so awesome that I started another character for a challenge play. He was going to be dual shields, but that sucked so I went for dual cestus instead. I've only gotten to the depths so far, but I've also spent most of my time helping people by punching the bell gargoyles to death.
Try two-handing a greatshield.  You get some fantastic aggro control and can drive up your vitality to soak a LOT of damage.  Particularly around 27 and 34 str, you can two-hand the Stone Greatshield and Havel's Shield, which get FANTASTIC magic block and Havel's just blocks EVERYTHING.  However, you can't attack using Havel's, so it's only for full on tank.

Disagree.
I admit defeat.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 06, 2013, 02:06:13 am »

Real men off-hand havels shield.  Cause real men waste 23 points on str.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: July 06, 2013, 02:38:47 am »

REAL men cut off the Gaping Dragon's tail. With their fists. Which I did. Damn, it took forever...

So, punched my way through blighttown, I started helping people defeat Quelaag. After every 2 defeats, I go buy a demon spear from Shiva of the East, then give it to the next person who summons me. Helping people is awesome!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: July 06, 2013, 03:34:35 am »

REAL men cut off the Gaping Dragon's tail. With their fists. Which I did. Damn, it took forever...

So, punched my way through blighttown, I started helping people defeat Quelaag. After every 2 defeats, I go buy a demon spear from Shiva of the East, then give it to the next person who summons me. Helping people is awesome!
Do you even praise the sun, bro?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: July 06, 2013, 03:50:37 am »

Do you even praise the sun, bro?

Yeah, if you're a sunbro, you get to flap your wings! Join the covenant today!

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: July 06, 2013, 06:12:37 pm »

So, I ascended my Uchiganta into a Divine Uchiganta, and I'm wondering if that was a bad choice.

Should I devote my next few levels into faith so it can actually do damage or just redo it and get it back to +7 so I can actually do damage to anything?

Also, I'm still trying to find a way to use crossbows/bows in pvp. It's not working out so well, I'm afraid, they do piss poor damage, (Even the heavy crossbow, which is +5 right now.)
I need to put something interesting here.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: July 06, 2013, 06:35:00 pm »

Divine is useful for the catacombs or faith builds.  If you are neither, you don't need it.  Magic works better for int to deal magic-type damage, otherwise Normal for dex/str.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: July 06, 2013, 07:17:57 pm »

Bows are nearly useless in PvP; it's not worth describing how they can be used.

Crossbows are used for popping off shots when the enemy won't approach you, or is moving straight toward you or away from you. They're easily dodged, but a well-upgraded crossbow will deal about as much damage as a hit with an average primary weapon. Basically, keep a crossbow in your secondary slot, and use it when you see an opportunity. Don't try to use it as a serious primary weapon.
Also, you should be using heavy bolts instead of standard or wooden; it does make a difference.

Uchigatana is a decent divine weapon, if you're running a faith-heavy build. If you're leveling up dexterity, not faith, then switch back to normal; might want to go through the catacombs first, but it's not like a faith weapon is necessary there or hard to get, so it's not important.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: July 07, 2013, 12:46:23 am »

Bows are nearly useless in PvP; it's not worth describing how they can be used.
You've obviously never discovered the beauty that is the composite bow.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: July 07, 2013, 12:48:52 am »

No, I've never used it. Does it have a short draw time or something?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: July 07, 2013, 12:52:59 am »

Very short, and no reload like a crossbow. Paired with ninja flipping and poison arrows and it's the perfect annoyance weapon. It also does the most base damage of any bow.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: July 07, 2013, 02:19:12 pm »

Dick tip: When invading, poise up and use the dark hand's r2. You'll get humanity even if you lose.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 127