Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148257 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1455 on: June 17, 2013, 06:19:45 pm »

Spoiler: Nito (click to show/hide)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 17, 2013, 06:37:53 pm »

On that note, is the cause of the hollowing suggested at any point?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 17, 2013, 07:13:33 pm »

Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 17, 2013, 07:43:59 pm »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 17, 2013, 10:27:46 pm »

I just saw the worst thing ever.  An SL8 forest hunter who jumped down onto the path to Darkroot Basin to wait for someone to kill me, so he could get the fog ring.  I alt-f4ed his ass and if I see him again I'm fucking him up before he gets there..
Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 17, 2013, 10:39:00 pm »

I just saw the worst thing ever.  An SL8 forest hunter who jumped down onto the path to Darkroot Basin to wait for someone to kill me, so he could get the fog ring.  I alt-f4ed his ass and if I see him again I'm fucking him up before he gets there..
Everyone's gotta start somewhere...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 17, 2013, 11:00:50 pm »

I do that to gankers. They usually follow me down and I stab them while the heal.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 17, 2013, 11:23:01 pm »

I didn't see him again, unfortunately.  Instead I got a decent wave of fun fights and then some dude with an ascended pyromancy flame who just spammed great combustion showed up.  He was horrible, as those kinds of people usually are, but he only needed one hit to kill me.  When I finally kicked his ass he switched to power within for even more one-shotting and (of course) popping humanity if I tried to stall him out.

What a dick.  It'd be one thing if he gave decent souls but he only dropped like 6900 which wasn't worth the effort considering how drastically unfun it was to fight him.
Shoes...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 17, 2013, 11:29:17 pm »

Further support for Dark Souls 2 being a prequel:
There appears to be fire magic. In one of the videos, the player casts a flame from the same wand as other magic.
Quote from: Izalith Catalyst
Catalyst of the Witch of Izalith of long ago, when her daughters were still flame witches, before they were engulfed by the Chaos Flame. Before the birth of pyromancy, their wands were mediums for sorcery, but knowledge of this flame sorcery has long since vanished.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 18, 2013, 01:19:35 am »

Maybe they just moved all the schools into the same catalyst for convenience, but added more variety and stat specialization. It would be interesting to see exactly what that backstory lore about flame sorcery means, though, so here's hoping for a prequel.

Today I beat Nito and the Centipede demon. Holy shit; Four Kings? Easy. Tomb of the Giants? At least I don't have to go back there again. Izalith is certainly shaping up to be more fun.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 18, 2013, 02:02:14 am »

You're going to eat those words when you're going to further playthroughs. The four kings are easy if you can dispatch each one before the next spawns, but when things get harder on succesive playthroughs you quickly get overrun. I tried to kill the kings as first boss on a rather low level character; insanely hard when you can't kill them fast enough.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 18, 2013, 02:06:48 am »

Looking at the HP table for subsequent playthroughs (I've minorly spoiled myself there), I should be fine as long as I get more charges for Crystal Soul Spear first.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 18, 2013, 10:14:50 am »

There appears to be fire magic. In one of the videos, the player casts a flame from the same wand as other magic.
Catalyst of the Witch of Izalith of long ago, when her daughters were still flame witches, before they were engulfed by the Chaos Flame. Before the birth of pyromancy, their wands were mediums for sorcery, but knowledge of this flame sorcery has long since vanished.

Hmm, I'm fairly certain that Dark Souls 2 is happening at roughly the same time. They said it will be related, but not a direct sequel. *Shrug* From are huge trolls though, for which I love them.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 18, 2013, 11:04:01 am »

I'm very excited for the Mirror Boss.  Then again, knowing how a lot of people play, it could be bullshit.  It'd be one thing to have some super thematic phantom come out played by someone who's more interested in having an exciting battle than getting some souls and a hat, but I can already see that mirror breaking and a guy coming out in balder armor and dusk crown with pursuers already charging up.

I gave up on that greataxe build I mentioned.  Midroll as a gravelord servant is ill-advised and there's no way to fast-roll with a demon's greataxe without gouging End (and I needed those points for Int so I could Dark Bead).

Instead I'm doing a Quality build with Murakumo (or whatever, the fun part about Quality builds is just about any enchantable weapon is fair game) and GMW, here.

And it still looks fucking sweet.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:11:05 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 18, 2013, 12:42:44 pm »

Hmm, I'm fairly certain that Dark Souls 2 is happening at roughly the same time. They said it will be related, but not a direct sequel. *Shrug* From are huge trolls though, for which I love them.

How could it? Dragons are still around in it, and it's been pretty well established that they're pretty close to extinct by the time Dark Souls 1 takes place.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 127