Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148281 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1425 on: June 16, 2013, 06:12:05 am »

Nope, the Furtive Pygmy's soul isn't one of the ones you gather. Nito's soul is mostly unchanged, just weakened. The Witch of Izalith's soul was basically transferred to the Bed of Chaos. Seath did not find a lord soul like the others; his was granted a fragment of one for his betrayal of the dragons. And the Four Kings aren't given much lore info, but they were also granted fragments of a lord soul.

You'll learn about the Pygmy's soul if you defeat the Four Kings before placing the Lordvessel with Frampt.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 16, 2013, 06:15:57 am »

FFFFF CAPRA DEMUNN
y u no eat drakesword :c
and cant block the fugfug dual swing.
I am a Goober.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 16, 2013, 09:18:31 am »

Weakness:  A plunging attack
Shoes...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 16, 2013, 12:04:48 pm »

The best strategy for the Capra Demon (with most builds) is to tank the dogs, then deal with the demon itself however you want.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 16, 2013, 12:08:48 pm »

The best strategy for the Capra Demon (with most builds) is to tank the dogs, then deal with the demon itself however you want.
Single best method I've seen is full poise.  Grab the Zweihander if you can, upgrade it as far as possible, get the heaviest armor possible (if you're tricky you can get the Stone Golem set from the forest), two-hand that sword, apply fire, and just go in with strong attacks and estus spam.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 16, 2013, 01:50:29 pm »

Or, if you're not a knight tank, just run up the stairs and kill the dogs when they come. Then just keep baiting the Capra Demon up and down the stairs so he can't hit you. Drop down and stab him if you can, just remember you can't counter or backstab him. Anyway, that's just what I've gathered from my experience with that bastard (and watching my brother try with the drake sword.)

Hmm, is it just me or does the Drake Sword start sucking once you get to Anor Londo? Only after trying Fatso & Shishkebab about 10 times did he finally switch to the witch's furysword.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 16, 2013, 02:05:54 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:14:30 pm by Bronimin »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 16, 2013, 02:15:51 pm »

Or, if you're not a knight tank, just run up the stairs and kill the dogs when they come. Then just keep baiting the Capra Demon up and down the stairs so he can't hit you. Drop down and stab him if you can, just remember you can't counter or backstab him. Anyway, that's just what I've gathered from my experience with that bastard (and watching my brother try with the drake sword.)

Hmm, is it just me or does the Drake Sword start sucking once you get to Anor Londo? Only after trying Fatso & Shishkebab about 10 times did he finally switch to the witch's furysword.

The Drake Sword has zero scaling and very cost-inefficient upgrades, which means that 200 flat AR is never getting any higher. 

It's very strong early game but scaling or elemental weapons will quickly outpace it.
Shoes...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 16, 2013, 03:02:38 pm »

There isn't any 'short spear' I could use in my offhand, is there? You can't parry with the spear :(
Um. A dagger is kind of like a very short spear.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 16, 2013, 03:28:09 pm »

Balder straight sword is kind of like a short spear.  Or a rapier or estoc.

I think I've figured out my problem.  I'm addicted to the progression but I don't have a lot of interest in characters once they're complete.

What I need is to make something for everything, so I have no reason to keep making new guys, and a good-sized stable of characters I can play for whatever I feel like doing.  I have a sick-ass Chaos Warrior Darkwraith, I've got a Battlepriest Sunbro, I've got a Darkmoon Blade, I've got a silver knight who fucks with people trying to beat the archers, I've got a couple low level PvPers, all I have left to get is a big-ass fucking Strength Guy, a Sorcerer, and a Gravelord Servant.

I think I'll save myself some time and character slots.

The only questions left are...

What headpiece?  Gotta be something light and sweet.  I've got all the poise I need so really all that matters are looks.  Current options:  Bloated Sorcerer Head, Hollow Thief Hood, Mask of the Sealer, and Gwyn/Gwyndolin's crowns, though if I use them I won't be able to cast Gravelord Greatsword Dance because of weight limits.  I could always replace it with CMW or even another Dark Bead since I'll need NG+ for this build anyway.  Sack and Sunlight Maggot are also pretty sweet.

And if this build is even going to be any good.  I'm not very familiar with strength builds or sorcery, the closest thing I have is the Battlepriest who mid-rolls and uses a claymore.

EDIT:  I think that addiction to progress is also why I can't use trainers.  With no real save editor/megamule options for PC, I have to just make myself invincible and sprint through the game.  That sucks.  If I can't instantly have my build then I'd rather just do it the old fashioned way.

Also why does everyone love and hug Sif so much?  Fuck Sif forever.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:55:40 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 16, 2013, 07:37:43 pm »

I'm getting really tired of the Bed of Chaos's shit. I can get onto the root, but if I run immediately, the arms are still swinging and knock me off. If I wait, the firestorm will knock me off. I've got two orbs down, and I just need a moment.
Once I get that, it's just the Four Kings and whatever comes next. I swear, ten percent of Dark Souls eats ninety percent of my Dark Souls time.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 16, 2013, 08:19:50 pm »

I believe you want to start running as he's taking his second swipe.  Not so close you get hit but his hand should just barely be past you when you get in range.
Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 16, 2013, 08:24:33 pm »

I'm getting really tired of the Bed of Chaos's shit. I can get onto the root, but if I run immediately, the arms are still swinging and knock me off. If I wait, the firestorm will knock me off. I've got two orbs down, and I just need a moment.
Once I get that, it's just the Four Kings and whatever comes next. I swear, ten percent of Dark Souls eats ninety percent of my Dark Souls time.
The devs have actually said that the Bed of Chaos wasn't completed in ways they really set out to do.  They weren't totally satisfied with the boss fight, but couldn't reasonably improve it either...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 16, 2013, 09:30:51 pm »

I get mad too easily at this game.

I killed Siegmeyer in a fit of rage when the last Chaos Eater fell into a hole.  Kicked him down the same hole, go fight your fucking monster you onion-headed dick and take your useless ring with you.

And I loved Siegmeyer!  This game, man.  Makes a monster out of you.  Last time I fought the Bed of Chaos I was so mad afterward I went through and destroyed anything I could tangentially associate with the Witch of Izalith, even going as far as killing Laurentius.
Shoes...

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 16, 2013, 09:35:34 pm »

I get mad too easily at this game.

I killed Siegmeyer in a fit of rage when the last Chaos Eater fell into a hole.  Kicked him down the same hole, go fight your fucking monster you onion-headed dick and take your useless ring with you.

And I loved Siegmeyer!  This game, man.  Makes a monster out of you.  Last time I fought the Bed of Chaos I was so mad afterward I went through and destroyed anything I could tangentially associate with the Witch of Izalith, even going as far as killing Laurentius.

NOOOO ONION KNIGHT

Why would you do such a thing? And Laurentius, too! Those are some of the nicest guys in the game! Did you kill Solaire, too? You monster!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 127