Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148599 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #885 on: December 02, 2012, 08:44:26 pm »

Updates on my adventure.
I decided to forget going for Path of the Dragon, and went for Gravelord Servant instead.
That was quite easy.
So anyway, got to rank 2 in the covenant, loving the miricles.
I owned Great Wolf Sif on the first try.
With the Gravelord Sword, of course.
Anyway.
Was I supposed to do that at this point? I haven't even tried getting through Blighttown yet.
I also killed the Stray Demon, it was annoying me, with it's whole, still alive thing.
All and all, things are looking pretty good for this char.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 02, 2012, 10:47:08 pm »

Sif needs to be killed at some point. When you do it doesn't matter - as long as you can, of course.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 02, 2012, 11:05:50 pm »

Well, after my 6th? or so char that got stuck on getting lord souls (seath and the four kings are complete jerkfaces), I decided that the only way to get better was to do a challenge run. 

A level 1 challenge run.

I've been doing some major sequencebreaking, I've killed 3 4 bosses total (tutorial demon, Quelaag, and Ceaseless, also Moonlight Butterfly but that was a pushover fight just for getting the Beatrice summon for 4 Kings when I get there), running with a +7 fire battle axe and +5 kite shield.  I've killed all the black knights I have access to, killed havel, and I still haven't triggered the dragon arriving in the undead burg, leaving the main bridge nice and empty to run through.  I plan on getting capra out of the way soon (I HATE that fight with a passion, I can never dodge the first leap attack or the dogs stunlock me if I go light armor, if I go heavy Capra breaks my guard with anything less than a +5 Balder Shield...), hopefully after no more than 10 or so deaths.  After that and Gaping(with Solaire), I'll run though upper blighttown to get the important stuff, then do gargoyles with Solaire.  Lautrec is already dead; I pushed him off the cliff.  I really don't need Solaire's help, but he is just such a boss I'll use it anyways.  I just need to figure out how I will do Ornstein and Smough, since that is also a fight I never am able to do without someone's help(usually get suprise backspeared by Ornstein while I'm trying to finish off Smough).  I should be able to wear reasonably heavy armor and still quickroll since I plan on getting the Dark Wood Grain Ring, but for non boss fights I'll opt for my lighter armor and the Slumbering Dragoncrest ring.  That ring is BOSS.  You can quite literally sprint up behind someone in full plate, axe them in the back, sending their corpse flying into the sight of their buddy who was standing next to them, and still be able to backstab that guy too without being detected.  Also, Nito will be the last Lord to fall always.  I HAAAAAATTTTTEEEEEEEE Tomb of the Giants, especially because I somehow never end up with a light source before I have to enter.

Also, am I the only one who can parry 95% of the time with a normal shield, but screw up every time with a small shield or parrying dagger?
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 02, 2012, 11:43:32 pm »

The key to fighting Ornstein and Smough is really to be patient. They don't have any bullshit attacks that aren't reasonably easy to avoid as long as you keep them in your sights and maintain the proper distance, and only close in for an attack when you know it'll connect and you can make your escape. The moment you first walk in is the most annoying to me just because Ornstein closes in and forces you into an evasive position while Smough slowly sneaks up on you at his own pace.

Also, black firebombs can be pretty effective. I forget which one is more resistant though, probably Smough.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 03, 2012, 12:05:24 am »

Your guaranteed at least 1 skull lantern or sunlight maggot on the way if you went for the bed of chaos.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 05, 2012, 06:58:29 am »

Oh my god, the Gravelord Sword is awesome.
Even though it has like, 250 damage, it seems to be far more powerful than the Drake Sword, which has 200.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 05, 2012, 08:34:33 am »

Probably because it has better scaling than the drake sword (not that it's good scaling, the drake sword just doesn't have any) and also does toxic.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 05, 2012, 09:36:13 am »

True, true.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 05, 2012, 03:50:17 pm »

I hosestly have no idea where to go after I ring the first bell and kill the capra demon, I have found drakes valley but those drakes are far too powerful for my puny pyromancer to take on with his hand axe, so no luck there... any tips?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 05, 2012, 04:00:04 pm »

I hosestly have no idea where to go after I ring the first bell and kill the capra demon, I have found drakes valley but those drakes are far too powerful for my puny pyromancer to take on with his hand axe, so no luck there... any tips?

Down.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 05, 2012, 05:34:45 pm »

I was trying something new out earlier.
Dual-weilding Scimitars just doesn't work.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 05, 2012, 07:09:29 pm »

There was a door very close to below where the capra demon was.  Also, if you are ever lost, look at keys in your inventory.  The names/descriptions usually give you a good hint at where to go and what you'll find there.

On another note, I'm tired of being stabbed to death through smough by ornstein.  I would have this fight down if they didn't act like ghosts with each other.  Now, I can't even quite kill 1 while staying at lvl 1.  Worse, its the ultimate blind spot because if I move to the side I'll get deadangled or sidestabbed by him.
The B is for Business.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 05, 2012, 09:14:05 pm »

Sunbro is your friend. USE HIM! Make sure Smough is after him. He'll keep him busy for a while.

Kill Ornstein first. Super fatty is easier to kill solo.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 05, 2012, 09:46:44 pm »

Sunbro is your friend. USE HIM! Make sure Smough is after him. He'll keep him busy for a while.

Kill Ornstein first. Super fatty is easier to kill solo.
But Leo Ring.
The B is for Business.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 05, 2012, 10:48:37 pm »

Are you gonna use piercing weapons? Can you even hit things mid-swing? Hornet would have been better anyways for parry/backstab goodness.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 127