Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148396 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #600 on: September 13, 2012, 04:23:13 pm »

Getting past the dragon on the bridge is easy if you don't mind a slight glitch to lure it down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 13, 2012, 04:54:51 pm »

Thanks, ill have to try that as soon as i have time!
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 13, 2012, 06:12:45 pm »

There's no glitch involved - the drake flies down when it knows you've been sitting there for 20-30 seconds. It's part of the game.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 13, 2012, 06:23:13 pm »

You also don't have to do anything fancy to get past him. Just get on the right side of the bridge (coming from Undead Burg) in that cubby past the stairs, and when he lands run along the right side of the bridge, right past his right foot. Only very rarely will he pull some BS and do his flying fire attack. And you can usually survive at least one of those with 500+ HP.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #604 on: September 13, 2012, 06:29:06 pm »

Getting past the dragon on the bridge is easy if you don't mind a slight glitch to lure it down.

Run into the little sheltered area opposite the stairs on the bridge. Now plant your face into the wall so that you're facing the dragon. You should see a line between bricks on the very top row of bricks. Put your head under it. (Not sure if this is necessary, but one of those things I still do like holding A for a pokeball. :P) Now sprint into the wall. Do this for long enough and the dragon will fly down onto the bridge to fight you. Right as he lands, sprint under him. If you're lucky. (works about 100% of the time because its not a glitch) You'll be able to make it to the bonfire without getting hit. Light it and sit quick, it'll make the dragon disappear. Rarely he'll fly upwards and do a straight down fire blast which is very difficult to dodge... I've done it with luck before, but I can't recommend a reliable way to do so. Just hope he doesn't.
Its not a glitch.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 13, 2012, 09:59:46 pm »

Him only attacking you when you're running at the wall. I consider that glitchy, at best... Also, the 90% thing was mostly in regards to the downward breath attack... 10% of the time for me, he'll do that, usually killing me with it...

There's also no timer... You can stand there forever as long as you don't move. Once you start, occasionally he'll fly right down and attack, sometimes it takes a good few seconds of running. If anything it's based on sound or that wall being right at the very edge of his sense range.

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 16, 2012, 06:05:13 am »

I would consider it as glitch, seeing as if you were just hiding behind the wall the dragon wouldn't care until you showed your face from behind it...
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 16, 2012, 01:13:40 pm »

I'm thinking of making a DEX + Magic character, would that work? I'm thinking about making a Vinheim dicktheif.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 16, 2012, 03:39:03 pm »

Well I learned something after using all my cracked red eye orbs in Anor Londo. Never invade anyone. I had Ornstein's armor and +5 DSS, 40 dexterity, and was sure I could win at least ONCE. I got destroyed every time. Whether it was a BS fisher or just someone far more advanced than me, I lost. In total I may have gotten 2 stabs off before my guard was smashed open and I died

Well one fight when I got invaded was pretty even. The guy seemed about my level, with no OP gear. Too bad he did nothing but try to circle around me for the entire fight. I almost killed him too, until i got facestabbed and he took the opportunity to chug back to full hp. Then I got hit through my shield somehow and died.
That was frustrating, but at least it wasn't another one of these:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Still waiting on that first victory.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:44:19 pm by lionstar »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 16, 2012, 08:32:49 pm »

On an opposite note, I joined the Blades of the Darkmoon, and am enjoying it greatly. I've won about half of my fights, and none of them have been against complete assholes. Most people bowed, and most fights were one-on-one. I have full Havel's with pitiful Vitality and a +5 Lightning Zweihander; I should be a pushover for anyone who's beaten Anor Londo, but I've been winning some. PvP is fun in general. Even lionstar knows PvP is fun; that's why he's still playing.

I also finished the game my first time today. The last boss is
NG+ is not what I expected. The enemy changes are weird.

Lionstar, have you joined a PvP-focused covenant? You should. You may enjoy it more and find yourself more welcome. Plus, unlimited invasions.

Why does nobody use the Red Sign Soapstone?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 16, 2012, 08:34:32 pm »

Why does nobody use the Red Sign Soapstone?
You're more likely to catch someone off guard if you invade them by force rather than letting them come to you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 16, 2012, 08:37:14 pm »

Honorable fights are much more fun than tricky invasions. I'd enjoy being invaded much more if people used Red Sign Soapstones instead of invading me when I'm trying to do something. I can get myself killed fine without their help - if I want it I'll ask. But such is the nature of Dark Souls PvP, I suppose.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 16, 2012, 08:38:46 pm »

There's a reason the community named them "Dickwraiths", Lectorog.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 16, 2012, 08:46:46 pm »

I don't like fair fights and I'm not a big fan of bowing.  Let's not pretend we like each other.  It's time to fucking murder.

That's why I plan to join Darkmoon or Forest Hunters.  Obviously Forest Hunter pvp isn't fair, and Darkmoon invade sinners who don't deserve mercy.

As for Lionstar:  Get good son, and I mean that in the most supportive way possible.  Aside from actual hacking, this is a pretty anything-goes game.  You could always just get your guy up to 120 and play with the big boys where the playing field's a bit more level.
Shoes...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 16, 2012, 08:57:23 pm »

Nice picture lionstar. Just so you know, the standard equipment of those kind of players is Giants armor and black knight axe.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 127