Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148376 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #615 on: September 17, 2012, 09:09:15 am »

Ya, I'm sorry, but you just invaded my game. If you're going to be all "bow and pretend I'm and honourable douche" Then I'm going to stab you mid-bow damnit.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 17, 2012, 02:37:39 pm »

Alright, little update on the situation some of you guys helped me with last week.

After three tries I got the NPC to kill the butterfly.
I went through lower Undead Burg and owned the Demon there.

I am now in the depths. I bet some of you might be able to guess what has me screwed this time.
I am cursed.

I have this idea I need to go to the Ruins of New Londo, or w/e it's called, and find a friendly? ghost. That is what that NPC at Firelink told me.

Also, will I regret killing everyone at Firelink Shrine in the future? Because in a fit of boredom waiting for a chance to get on the interwebs, to figure out what I need to do.

Is there a wiki so I don't need to ask you guys everything?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 17, 2012, 02:48:09 pm »

I have this idea I need to go to the Ruins of New Londo, or w/e it's called, and find a friendly? ghost.

Go to the guy at the bell tower at the Undead Church. He'll sell the thing you need to get uncursed.

Also, will I regret killing everyone at Firelink Shrine in the future? Because in a fit of boredom waiting for a chance to get on the interwebs, to figure out what I need to do.

Uh, well, you're certainly going to get less shit and miss out out spells you could have purchased for at least one guy there.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 17, 2012, 02:50:25 pm »

Unless you don't need spells then no, there's nothing to regret about that unless you killed the firekeeper as well. To get rid of the curse, you can buy it from the priest guy in the parish I think.

also wiki: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 17, 2012, 03:45:01 pm »

New mod for Dark Souls that should get it to hit 60fps - http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/dark-souls/1226105p1.html

Mod - http://www.mediafire.com/?lv71uu81tozzk8x (Yes, I know, it's media fire. The link came from the article.)

Early reports are that it works fine with DSFix.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 17, 2012, 03:50:27 pm »

Thanks for the knowledge.

Time to get myself uncursed.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #621 on: September 17, 2012, 06:44:08 pm »

Will I need to buy the game a second time if I want to play all the new Prepare to Die content on my Xbox 360? I don't feel like dragging my rig to California this Christmas just so I can play it over there. :(

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 17, 2012, 07:12:33 pm »

I believe it's going to be released on ECKSBAWKS and PSTRIPLE sometime in the future.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #623 on: September 17, 2012, 08:02:00 pm »

I believe it's going to be released on ECKSBAWKS and PSTRIPLE sometime in the future.
What the hell is that supposed to mean? DLC, or hard copy, or what? I already know its going to be released, so tell me something I don't know.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 17, 2012, 08:23:37 pm »

I've heard that it's being released as DLC this winter. But I could have accidentally made that up, so don't be mad if I'm wrong. It seems like the most likely way they'll do it.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 19, 2012, 12:34:45 am »

About the console DLC release date, here you go google-fu. POW!

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/27/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-console-release-date-announced/
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a402081/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-release-date-for-consoles.html

Namco Bandai has announced that Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition will be releasing on October 26 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #626 on: September 19, 2012, 12:53:17 am »

About the console DLC release date, here you go google-fu. POW!

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/27/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-console-release-date-announced/
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a402081/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-release-date-for-consoles.html

Namco Bandai has announced that Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition will be releasing on October 26 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Thanks! So I have to spend 15 bucks to get the DLC, whereas PC users spend 40 to get the whole package? Sounds like a deal. The PC guys deserve it after the shitty port.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:20:14 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 19, 2012, 04:27:05 pm »

Digital Spy says it will be $15, which is 800 MS Points. 800 MS Points cost $10. And the PC release was $40, not $30. I am confused by this pricing.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 19, 2012, 05:24:27 pm »

I only paid 35 for my used 360 copy. It means if it is 15 for the DLC I'll have paid 50 total... but I still feel like this game is well worth it. Excepting a few games I've been playing for a decade and a half or more, this game has sunk more active play time than any other, I think.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 19, 2012, 05:34:31 pm »

I've recently started playing this game. Sure if lots of !!fun!!. Luckely DF prepared me for enjoyment in losing, because I've been doing lots of it.

Still nothing that can't be overcome with a little bit of grinding and lots of practice.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or am simply to low lvl for this boss. I'm at lv 60 now with about 700 health.
Might just start farming these silver knights since they give a fair amount of xp, but it's rather dull.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 127