Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Space Squad:Turn 4  (Read 6979 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Space Squad:Turn 4
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2011, 11:10:36 pm »

*looks at Felix sternly* "you better be careful on how are you going control this, im not insane and if you pull that trigger i swear i will kill you with my hands even before the first bullet comes out."

ooc: you know, whats the point of posting actions if you aren't even gonna follow them cause now im in some crazy mess.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2011, 11:51:07 pm »

As the situation escalates Ivan takes a minute to look away from the terminal and face Felix and Eric.  "Felix, bullets are not a good treatment for anything besides being alive. If Wajick is going insane it's the captains call for how it's to be dealt with, I can be fairly certain he's not going to tell you to waste ammunition killing one of our assets." Ivan pauses for a moment and tries to think of something diplomatic to diffuse the situation, failing that miserably he goes with a medical appraisal. "Wajick is 18, stressed, and inside of a malfunctioning 30 billion ton orbital station that's infested with at least mutated bats, and more than mildly stressed military personell who feel like blowing themselves up." Ivan shrugs and turns back to the terminal. "He displays symptons of space dementia, aggression, paranoia, and disorientation. Nothing conclusive, and the aggression can probably be attributed to having an LMG pointed roughly at him. It is possible that he simply has a naturally poor sense of direction and is feeling the effects of his age hormonally." Ivan continues working on the download feeling that he has managed to succesfully navigate a social situation.

ooc: Oh lord, I loving writing for a guy who has all of the tact of a box of dead sparrows. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2011, 12:07:37 am »

ooc: The foul Knave returns!
Space madness!  :P

ic:

"Alright, that's enough! Everyone just stand down and play nice." Wickham boomed, "This situation is FUBAR enough without you grunts jabbering on about space diseases... unless you kids picked up the 'Acturian Clap' on our last shore leave, you don't have anything to worry about. Man that shit burns..."

Walking past the situation, confident that it was now adequately defused he made his way towards atmospherics.

"I don't know about you guys, but I sure as hell don't want to be here when they decide to play demolition man with this station's power core, so let's get our asses in gear and head to Engineering, before it's only accessible from the cold void of space."

Make way to Atmospherics to get to Engineering, keep an eye out for any other creatures.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2011, 07:13:00 am »

grumbles and hauls ass to Atmospherics

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Squad:Waitin' for dat PM
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2011, 11:13:06 am »

-------------------------------Inventory---------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Declan J. Wickham (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ivan J. Kedal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eric M. Wajick (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Felix W. Gustavson (click to show/hide)
-------------------------Turns!------------------------------------------------------

Wickham:

Ivan:You begin reading as fast as you can, reading out several files
Spoiler: Alpha-Test A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alpha-B (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alpha-C (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bravo-A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bravo-B (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bravo-C (click to show/hide)

Eric:

Felix:

You all make your way to engineering. The door beeps and it's lights turn green, opening.

The room is lighted up with Christmas ornaments, still not taken down from the festival. A few canisters of oxygen and nitrogen adorn the area. A few canisters labeled 'Alkali Elements' are next to a door labeled Engineering, which is ID-locked. A sink is in the corner next to some grills.

((OOC:If anyone remembers science, I'm sure you'll know what to do.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2011, 11:34:31 am »

((OOC:If anyone remembers science, I'm sure you'll know what to do.

ooc: We're about to get attacked by a metric ton of mutated acid spewing rats and I'll cleverly use the base to neutralize the acid? Or were you thinking of something else clever? EDIT: Also what happened to medical? Or is medical through the door labeled engineering?

Ivan looks up from his report seeming troubled. "Sir, we can't let this station get blown up, aside from being worth billions as well as being a historical monument, the research here may be extremely valuable." He shakes his head sadly. "Mistakes were made it seems, but we let whoever decided to fortify engineering destroy this station and all the people who died for this project will have died for nothing." 

If they are of a manageable size ivan will take one of the canisters of Alkalids, it may be useful for treatment later and no one here is going to need it. After that he'll wait for the captain's orders.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:36:43 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2011, 11:51:01 am »

Oh yeah, medical. The door labeled engineering goes to Medical. And, not quite. The alkali canisters are part of a puzzle.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2011, 11:58:44 am »

"wait those canisters, you can use the alkali to corrode through the locks"

Knock on door for any response

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2011, 12:07:52 pm »

Oh yeah, medical. The door labeled engineering goes to Medical.

ooc: I'm starting to get a feel for how this station went to hell.

Medical Intern Harry: Doctor, the specimens are getting loose!
Doctor Johnson: Damn! Flash the containment chamber!
Medical Intern Harry: *Presses large red button labeled: "Flash C-chamber"*
Doctor Johnson: What?! NO YOU FOOL!! That button vents the containment into the air ducts! The button labeled: "Open Containment room doors." is the one the flashes containment!

*stunned silence*

Medical Intern Harry: Well this sucks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:19:48 pm by Draignean »
---

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2011, 03:04:53 pm »

Ivan looks up from his report seeming troubled. "Sir, we can't let this station get blown up, aside from being worth billions as well as being a historical monument, the research here may be extremely valuable." He shakes his head sadly. "Mistakes were made it seems, but we let whoever decided to fortify engineering destroy this station and all the people who died for this project will have died for nothing." 

The Squad Leader frowned as he looked around the room, "Honestly, Ivan, I don't want to be responsible for footing the bill if this place goes up. But Command didn't say anything about killer-knife-wielding bats that look uglier than Gustavson's mom... And that part about human volunteers ain't inspiring me to plan my vacation here either. Let's just get as many of these civvies off-station as we can before the A/C goes off."

"wait those canisters, you can use the alkali to corrode through the locks"

"You sure about that?" Wickham genuinely didn't know if that was the truth or not, he really didn't want to blown up. "Let's see if the keypad is bypassable first, then we'll try it your way."

Wait to see if there's a response from the knock, then try to see if the lock is bypassable

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2011, 06:19:14 pm »

"You would know all about my mom, boss."
Felix examines the Alkaline canisters for anything of note, along with the nitrogen and oxygen ones.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2011, 06:33:07 pm »

ooc: Please please tell me the medical bay has oxygen and we don't have to create a re-breather system out of the canisters. 
---

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2011, 06:33:52 pm »

ooc:
Engineering has canisters of nitrogen and oxygen.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Squad:Waitin' for dat PM
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2011, 07:03:00 pm »

-------------------------------Inventory---------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Declan J. Wickham (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ivan J. Kedal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eric M. Wajick (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Felix W. Gustavson (click to show/hide)
-------------------------Turns!------------------------------------------------------

Wickham:(Req INT 4, INT 6, passed)You examine the door. It's bolted shut, no way it's bypassable-It seems highly vulnerable to explosions, however.

Ivan:The canisters are very large, reaching up to your chest. It'd be impossible to carry one throughout the mission.

Eric:You knock on the door, but hear no response.

Felix:(Req INT 3, INT 8, passed)You examine the canisters, crouching down to read one of the labels. 'DANGER' it reads, next to a fire symbol.

The room is lighted up with Christmas ornaments, still not taken down from the festival. A few canisters of oxygen and nitrogen adorn the area. A few canisters labeled 'Alkali Elements' are next to a door labeled Engineering, which is ID-locked. A sink is in the corner next to some grills.

((OOC:You guys are lucky, all your tests are really low, so you keep on passing. One of these days!))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2011, 07:08:13 pm »

ooc: And here I was thinking that you were going to have us make simple re-breathers. Oxygen bomb is way cooler, our demolition expert finally gets to blow something up...

Ivan is going to continue waiting for something useful to do. He'll check over his equipment if he has the time, just in case something decided to go wrong when he wasn't looking. Check to see if there is anything other than lack of power ailing the atmospherics station. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:18:00 pm by Draignean »
---
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11