Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Space Squad:Turn 4  (Read 6958 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Space Squad:Turn 4
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2011, 07:36:20 pm »

"alright guys time for the fun stuff, better get back for this and grab a canister of oxygen, this might activate decontamintation""

rig a bomb out of the alkali, oxygen and nitrogen canisters and stick it to the locks, ignite from gunshot

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2011, 07:50:27 pm »

I...
Really now, guys? I guess I'll have to do this.

Alkali metals/gasses react violently when they come into contact with hydrogen atoms-Hence, the sink.  >:(

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2011, 07:52:36 pm »

only with hydrogen peroxide is it explosive though, you need stronger stuff than potassium to get it explosive with water and large amounts.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2011, 09:17:33 pm »

ooc: The grenade and a canister of oxygen should do the trick too, bullets won't set oxygen off though. Also there was never any specification on how strong said base was, for all we knew that canister was full of bleach left there by the cleaning crew. (By the same card it could have been filled with francium but still.)

Can you actually see a group of marines walking into a damaged station, spotting a canister of something unknown marked "Alkaline" and thinking... 'Aha! I'll just mix whatever-the-hell is in that alkaline canister with the sink in order to create a massively exothermic reaction!'

::)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:20:52 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2011, 10:05:19 pm »

I seen demolition training, they teach those guys how to improvise. just make it blow up.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2011, 11:30:54 pm »

I seen demolition training, they teach those guys how to improvise. just make it blow up.

Just... when you're improvising I think you should leave the canister full of alkalines out of it. Our lungs will all thank you when we re-enter the room.

(Unless of course you do it in the way approved by the DM, which requires the alkies.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:51:30 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2011, 05:45:47 pm »

Bah, whatever, canister bomb will work. Wait while I get home

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Squad:Waitin' for dat PM
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2011, 08:09:17 pm »

-------------------------------Inventory---------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Declan J. Wickham (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ivan J. Kedal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eric M. Wajick (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Felix W. Gustavson (click to show/hide)
-------------------------Turns!------------------------------------------------------

Wickham:

Ivan:Nothing seems to be ailing the atmos station.

Eric:(Req INT 2, REQ DEX 2, INT 6, DEX 5, passed)(5)You shoot the canisters, blasting the door. The problem at hand, however, is that you weren't far away enough-(-67 HP)A large piece of metal blasts through your right arm, causing heavy bleeding to start(Will die in 3 turns if not helped)

Felix:

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2011, 08:12:24 pm »

*cough*
"hm better results than i ever got. uh Ivan, can you patch me up?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2011, 10:15:56 pm »

"Damn, I'm impressed." Ivan said as he knelt beside Eric and examined his arm. "I can see why they made you our demo expert. Now, try to relax. This is going to hurt a lot."

Ivan is going to use his medical kit to remove any residual shrapnel, sterilize (lord knowns what is in the station.) and suture the wound closed. If necessary use bandages to seal the wound and restore full functionality.

---

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2011, 10:20:43 pm »

"well could be worse. hey just in case, wanna trade weapons until i get this fully healed? im better with pistols anyway and im ambidextrous"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2011, 11:36:39 pm »

Ivan frowns. "Let's see how your arm turns out first, you're a good frontliner, plus you've got armor on." He stops and fiddles with Eric's arm for a moment. "If the damage is severe enough for you to lose accuracy with the assault rifle I'll switch with you."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:51:17 am by Draignean »
---

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2011, 06:07:56 pm »

Well the lock problem had been dealt with but had been replaced with an injured squad member.
"Just another incident in this SNAFU. At least you didn't blow up the rest of the station with the door Wajick. See what you can do with his Arm, Doc."  Declan paused for a moment to consider his options, "I'll take point from here on in, Wajick and Ivan, you stay in between, Gus, you cover our ass. Declan peeked his head into medical, "Who knows there might be something in here that can help with the injury..."

Search Medical bay and secure it.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2011, 01:32:50 pm »

NewsMuffin best be postin'

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2011, 01:35:35 am »

Newsmuffin will be removed from thje game if he does not post within 24 hours.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11