Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Space Squad:Turn 4  (Read 6984 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Squad:Waitin' for dat PM
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2011, 04:21:38 pm »

----------------------------Ship Status-------------------------------------------
4 Crewmembers(Including You 4)
500/500 HP
80 Fuel
Small Engine(5 Solar Units/Day, 2 LY/Day, Consumes 20 units/Day)
4 Life Support Units
Small Turret(Reqs:Hv. Wep., Demo Exp., unmanned)
Small Cannon(Reqs:Hv. Wep., 5 INT, 7 DEX, unmanned)
-----------------------------Training-------------------------------------------------
Bench Press(Trains STR, unmanned)
Gym Track(Trains SPE, Ivan 0/25)
Speed Punching Bag(Trains DEX, Wickham 1/25)
Holo-Library(Trains INT, Eric 2/30)
Lounge(Trains CHA, Felix 0/20)
-------------------------------Inventory---------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Declan J. Wickham (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ivan J. Kedal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eric M. Wajick (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Felix W. Gustavson (click to show/hide)
-------------------------Turns!------------------------------------------------------
Wickham:You hail the station and transmit the message. There is no response. Just before getting off the comms, you hear a comm channel open(Requires 6 CHA, CHA 8, Passed). "Hello? Hello? Oh god..Oh god! Help me! These..These things are here! Help us! Engineering has fortified but I don't know how long we can hold out! Jesus Christ! OH GOD, TOM, RUN!"

You hear AR's firing in the background, and then the channel goes silent. You sigh and ask the AI if there is a crew manifest of the Galileo. "Retrieving data from Galileo stores;Data corrupt;Negative."

Ivan:You begin analyzing the Galileo's data stores for information on crew levels before it went dark. You find a encrypted file(Req. 3 INT, 7 INT, passed.) and manage to break the encryption, finding that crew levels use to be abnormally high, compared to the extremely low level of lifesigns onboard now.

Eric:

Felix:

The ship pulls into the docking bay of the Galileo, pressurized clamps straddling the ship. You all hear a pressurized steam exhaust into the ship, and the airlock doors unlock. A robotic voice comes over the ship, stating "Welcome to Galileo Station, Mother of Mars. This was the station where all Martian Pioneers passed through. Why don't you see our tourism section? Have a nice stay."

You all head out, cautiously, into the docking bay. You hear scampering, and inhuman sounds. You see a map, indicating you are in the docking bay. According to the map, you will need to pass through atmospherics and medlab before entering engineering. It also states that the escape pods are directly adjacent. A computer terminal is here, requiring a username and password.

Spoiler: Possible Destinations (click to show/hide)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Squad:Turn 3
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2011, 04:23:08 pm »

Just a tip, you may want to load your weapons right now to prevent being ambushed and not loaded up. Especially Heavy Weapons.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2011, 04:25:57 pm »

Load up and examine the escape pods

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2011, 04:28:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:47:09 pm by Kashyyk »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2011, 04:30:12 pm »

A few things, Kashyyk.

You can only take items from the class your applying for. Ie. only demolitions experts can have LAWs, only Hv. Wep. Exp. can have Mako LMGs. Also, I'd prefer it if your Bio had more negatives.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2011, 04:31:15 pm »

Yep, I'll fix that.

Fix'd enough?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:35:02 pm by Kashyyk »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2011, 04:33:59 pm »

Load auto-pistol, and set to single shot. Ivan will also attempt to break into terminal without the password. Also, being the medic and lacking reinforced body armor Ivan will stay in the rearguard position when the squad moves out.

OOC: How many rounds does the auto pistol chamber, and is it flex-fire?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:37:08 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2011, 04:36:22 pm »

Load auto-pistol, attempt to break into terminal without password.

OOC: How many rounds does the auto pistol chamber, and is it flex-fire?

The auto-pistol normally chambers 15, it has two settings;One-shot, and full auto. Full auto takes 3 rounds/combat turn, one-shot of course takes 1 round/turn.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2011, 04:41:58 pm »

Wickham, loaded a clip into his AR and checked the safety, this was quickly becoming one hell of a first mission. careful to keep his finger hovering over the trigger, but not on it so as not to have any misfires.

"Ivan see what you can find in the computer, logs anything. Once you're done we'll begin our sweep towards engineering. Stay together, I don't know what caused this, but I ain't taking any chances. Wajick, you're on point."

Load clip and secure perimeter while Ivan hacks.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Squad:Waitin' for dat PM
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2011, 06:22:26 pm »

-------------------------------Inventory---------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Declan J. Wickham (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ivan J. Kedal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eric M. Wajick (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Felix W. Gustavson (click to show/hide)
-------------------------Turns!------------------------------------------------------
Wickham:You load your clip, and move into position with your AR.

Ivan:You load your clip, and begin hacking the terminal(Req INT 1, INT 7, Passed) and find it criminally easy to hack into. You begin downloading logs, and find several unusual files on 'Genetic Experimentation' and 'Creatures'. It will take 4 turns to download all the files, and you begin doing so.

Eric:You load your clip, and take point(Tank, enemies attack you first)

Felix:You load your clip

You all hear a loud screech, and then bats... Many, many, mutated bats, with extremely long talongs, capable of lopping a person's head of, burst out of the vents and through the doorways. They begin circling around the squad. You estimate there's maybe 10, 15 of them. A grenade could clear out 5-10 of them, sure enough. (Your SPE and DEX attributes added together and averaged out beat theirs added and averaged out by .5, so you get to attack first.)

OOC:I think it'd be cool if you guys would engage in 'RP' conversation like Knave is doing. You're doing it really well too, Knave. Keep the good work up.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:28:56 pm by x2yzh9 »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Space Squad:Turn 4
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2011, 06:55:08 pm »

Ivan frowned heavily at the computer, security needed to be tightened on these older stations. He'd known children with Trisome 21 that could have broken through security here. "Sir, I'm through. I'll need a minute to get the files loaded onto this terminal though, you may want to look at some of-" Ivan broke off and looked up from the terminal, frowning at the vents. "Sir, did you hear something?" he asked, just in time for a hell of bats to break loose.

"Mary mother of God..." Ivan gasps.  He turns back to the terminal and begins typing as fast as his hands allow.

Ivan is going to attempt to access the announcement system that greeted the ship through the terminal, and hack the audio feed to emit a maximum volume sound at the highest possible frequency in order to disorient the bats and give the others a few minutes.

OOC: Better RP text?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2011, 07:07:10 pm »

That is definitely more than adequate Draig. Very good.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2011, 07:11:37 pm »

Shit! cover me! cover me! suppressive fire!
fire off a few rounds into the bats

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2011, 07:15:03 pm »

"Could you hurry it up, Ivan?" Felix asks nervously, glancing over his shoulder, before letting off a short burst from his LMG into the bat swarm.
"Boss?" Felix looks at Wickham. "Should I jump on the turret?"

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2011, 07:21:01 pm »

Er, hate to interrupt, but my character's birthday is a bit wonky in the first post...
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11