Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 365316 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world
« Reply #1965 on: March 29, 2011, 04:48:32 pm »

That's what I would call patriotism.

And awesome.

I want one.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 29, 2011, 04:52:13 pm »

I dunno what to say. So I'll just post this.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1967 on: March 29, 2011, 05:01:25 pm »

Anyone know what the writing on the pods is?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 29, 2011, 05:13:49 pm »

It's not just the pods, the entire garage looks like a chop shop of awesome proportions, you even have handheld SAM's (i think that was it) hanging over sleeping bags.

Edit:
The missle pods seem to be from Mirage airplanes, not sure which ones, but they look awesome for something made by the French XD
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:21:49 pm by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 29, 2011, 05:22:18 pm »

OK, I don't know what to think of this. For those unfamiliar with the things, those are rocket launcher pods usually mounted on helicopter or aircraft hardpoints.

I salute in advance the poor dumb bastards who are trying to fire those things.  I hope they at least rigged up a remote or wire trigger, instead of trying to operate them from the bed.  Of course, being hardpoint launchers, I guess they necessarily had to hot-wire them to fire anyway.

The launchers are certainly impressive, and I admire their shear brass balls and ingenuity and commitment, but how much ammo can actually have for those?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 29, 2011, 05:43:47 pm »

They have the airbase, so possibly lots. Each launcher can hold 19 rockets I believe.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 29, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »

Well if they have the launchers one would thing that they have plenty of ammo for them, since i think the place where they got them from also holds the ammo for them.

E, damny you ninja
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 30, 2011, 03:46:52 am »

You guys were laughing about Qaddafi's al-Quaeda statements, and now they are officially confirmed by NATO: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8414583/Libya-al-Qaeda-among-Libya-rebels-Nato-chief-fears.html

Also, Qaddafi's forces just re-took Brega and Ras-Lunaf from rebels. Seems like they cannot fight w/out NATO support, and there is no real support from civilians either.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 30, 2011, 04:38:34 am »

OK, I don't know what to think of this. For those unfamiliar with the things, those are rocket launcher pods usually mounted on helicopter or aircraft hardpoints.

Red necks, eat your ****ing hearts out.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 30, 2011, 06:30:59 am »

You guys were laughing about Qaddafi's al-Quaeda statements, and now they are officially confirmed by NATO: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8414583/Libya-al-Qaeda-among-Libya-rebels-Nato-chief-fears.html

Also, Qaddafi's forces just re-took Brega and Ras-Lunaf from rebels. Seems like they cannot fight w/out NATO support, and there is no real support from civilians either.

Gah, this again. There's absolutely no evidence that Al-Qaeda have any sort of influence over the anti-gaddafi movement. There's probably some fighters yes, but that's the only thing that's been mentioned, hence the "flicker".

And you apparently don't know what Gaddafi actually claimed, he said the rebels consisted of Al-Qaeda drug addicts from other countries. Not seeing NATO confirming that.

I'm not sure what you mean by "no real support from civilians". It's pretty obvious that the rebel militia fighting along the Sidra coast is inept at any sort of combat maneuver or basic discipline, which I guess is both good and bad. Would be worrisome if they were instant expert desert warriors who found their true talent once they got an AK in their hands.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 06:40:30 am by olemars »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 30, 2011, 08:01:15 am »

And now I'm lost. Wasn't Qaddafi the guy who actually threathened to link up with terrorists if NATO messes with him? Now they find al-Qaeda on the opposite side?

I think my mistake was the part where I actually listened to that guy's speeches without laughing, but still. Enlighten me someone.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 30, 2011, 08:16:27 am »

Of course, this can always be spun as, "Qaddafi is so evil even Osama bin Laden wants him gone!"  :P

It stands to reason there's going to a few AQ folks trying to work their way into the Libyan resistance and steer it towards establishing a religious state. Doesn't mean they're going to succeed. They've been trying in Egypt as well, and the Egyptian people have pretty flatly said, "We don't want a theocratic state. Piss off."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 30, 2011, 09:48:17 am »

Guess my prediction is accurate-ish.

Rebels losing, Foreigners trying to figure out if they will play a bigger part in the proxy war and/or send ground troops.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 30, 2011, 09:55:09 am »

And now I'm lost. Wasn't Qaddafi the guy who actually threathened to link up with terrorists if NATO messes with him? Now they find al-Qaeda on the opposite side?

I think my mistake was the part where I actually listened to that guy's speeches without laughing, but still. Enlighten me someone.
Not all terrorists are related to Al Quaeda (Most notable would be Qadaffi himself, he ordered the Lockerbie bombing)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 30, 2011, 10:18:55 am »

I'm not sure what you mean by "no real support from civilians". It's pretty obvious that the rebel militia fighting along the Sidra coast is inept at any sort of combat maneuver or basic discipline, which I guess is both good and bad. Would be worrisome if they were instant expert desert warriors who found their true talent once they got an AK in their hands.
Bah, satements like this won't stop me from picturing the rebels as the Fremen and Qaddafi as Baron Harkonnen.
I also think of NATO forces as the Sardaukar, but they're kinda fighting on the wrong side.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 416