Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75000 times)

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2011, 07:19:23 pm »

Actually, now that everyone's fighter is displayed in one area I think it's safe to say Kzel isn't as pinched as I thought. Specifically if he can stab something important with all that pike skill before Remalle can act he's in it. I still feel the latter will win out just on account of the sheer balance in his setup, but I just thought I'd make that point.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2011, 07:52:25 pm »

After raging insanely (going berserk and having to be confined) over getting the crap beaten out of him, Powder Maceman wants to exchange both his old flails ,giving him 4 item points to add, 4+4=8 item points means he can get one steel flail and a copper flail. And both those points will be in maceman. NO MORE ONLY BRUISING! I! WANT! MUSH!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2011, 08:32:07 pm »

Thats it, from now on, the Gnome's are everyones first fight,
If you can't get past the Gnome, GO HOME!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2011, 08:33:36 pm »

Loud Music, Check
BBQ Ramen, Check
Toaster Making Toast, Check
Houston we are clear for arena fight #1

Two of our most distinguished combatants meet in the arena today,

Remalle, Veteran the old battles, and eldest among the survivors.

Vs.

Kzel, Champion of air, strongest of the reborn, and slayer of serpents.

It has been long since Remalle has taken up the fight, too long. His axe has had no respite from the polishing that now serves only to ward away rust. Happier were the days when the axe was worked with cloth and whetstone to remove the nicks incurred by those it clove in twain, mementos of fallen foes. Kzel fights to prove his existence was not a lie, to prove he is not an echo of what came before. His is a fight to prove that his rebirth was earned, to prove that he should not have died to an assassin's blade. We must remember that two Heroes stand before us, but there can only be one champion.

Blows are exchanged quickly and Remalle's experience allows him to take the field, his first swings are ineffective against Kzel's mail but then he cleaves Kzel's right foot from his body.  Kzel is off balance but he uses his wings to remain standing with out aid of his foot until Remmale tackles him out of the air, Kzel strikes back but to no avail and Remalle severs his right arm at the elbow. The battle is not looking good for Kzel...

The fight lasts for little longer and Remalle strikes no more blows against Kzel, the ones already inflicted are enough. Bleeding from hands and feet Kzel crumples from the air and into a mass of bloody feathers, returning once more and with certainty to the dust that he come from. Remalle raises one gauntlet clad fist into the air, a triumphant veteran returned to fight again.

Well done Remalle, you may have slaughtered one of my favorites but at least you didn't condemn him to slow agonizing death. Take you prize and train, your competition awaits you most... eagerly. You also automatically get Kzel's bar of Pitchblende...

Victor's combat log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I guess I'll fork over those greaves now, I'm interring Kzel's spear as a relic though.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2011, 08:35:04 pm »

After raging insanely (going berserk and having to be confined) over getting the crap beaten out of him, Powder Maceman wants to exchange both his old flails ,giving him 4 item points to add, 4+4=8 item points means he can get one steel flail and a copper flail. And both those points will be in maceman. NO MORE ONLY BRUISING! I! WANT! MUSH!

You mean one steel and one bronze?

Draignean, can you put Connan up for a normal arena fight? All he did was the lion one, not even another normal one.

Yeah totally, sorry about that but there were a number of characters who got lost in the system before I slogged through it again.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2011, 08:35:21 pm »

......I'm scared :'( :'( :'(

Can i exchange my axes to iron picks? If i can, please do this. thanks.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2011, 08:39:07 pm »

Looks like I need to read over the armour thing again...

Can you tell us what I have so far, the bunched up text of the OP's kinda makes no sense to me atm.
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2011, 08:40:44 pm »

......I'm scared :'( :'( :'(

Can i exchange my axes to iron picks? If i can, please do this. thanks.

Why?  I could do it, but it makes absolutely no sense to do so... I just want your confirmation that you want to hamstring your dude.

Looks like I need to read over the armour thing again...

Can you tell us what I have so far, the bunched up text of the OP's kinda makes no sense to me atm.

Skii has Iron Scourge, iron Breastplate, iron Greaves, iron Highboot. Just ctrl-f and type in your name or the character's name and it will take you to your character.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:43:12 pm by Draignean »
---

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2011, 08:44:05 pm »

um there should be two Iron Highboots...

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2011, 08:46:55 pm »

Know that i think about it, it would be a waste of time. All my points are at axe.....I such a goof :P :P
But can i join the next battle? I want to see if the first battle was a miracle.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2011, 08:49:41 pm »

Yah one bronze and one steel. That could have been a sucky mistake XD

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2011, 08:51:10 pm »

Know that i think about it, it would be a waste of time. All my points are at axe.....I such a goof :P :P
But can i join the next battle? I want to see if the first battle was a miracle.

I'll put in with Connan Tomorrow, you're both 1 win characters so it should be cool.

um there should be two Iron Highboots...

Transcription error when I copied it off page 8, consider it payment for misspelling "Scroge" and "Brestplate" as well as saying all your gear was bronze when you initially created Naki. Fixed now.

Yah one bronze and one steel. That could have been a sucky mistake XD

It's all cool, Updated now.
---

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2011, 09:07:11 pm »

New list of combatants...
                    Alive                   
[Dated 1/31/11]
Owner: Notpete
Name: Ragathgare The Destroyer
Race: Tigerman
Skill: Fighter 1, Axe 1, Dodge 2, Fighter 2
Inv: Iron Highboot, Phantom Spider Silk Cloak, Iron Battle Axe, Iron Shield, Iron Helm, Iron Greaves, Iron Mail Shirt
Class: Fighter
Well...you seem to have missed my DreadMarch stuff. I should have one more in axe, and a breast plate. Also, you have an odd thing going on with fighter listed twice.

Can I trade in those extra greaves I won for another boot?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:11:54 pm by NotPete »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2011, 09:24:23 pm »

Alright, now we have a battle of the hammers. Slightly experienced with generic gear Vs. Brand new but with a more interesting gear selection.

Voxnar, Proven Skull breaker, a man who has killed before... A man who hopes to kill again.

Vs.

MD Kleist, A new face, a new hammer. Maybe a corpse and maybe a victor... where the wheel stops nobody knows!

Voxnar is doing the usual "psych-out-the-new-guy-act" first used by powder maceman (And it wasn't an act with him.) the act consists of slamming his hammer into the floor and walls while yelling wildly. Kleist is bearing up well, he isn't gibbering, crying, or wetting himself so he might have a chance in this fight. His hammer his heavier and stronger than Voxnar's so all he needs is a good solid hit to win, Voxnar on the other hand has the experience of already killing someone in the arena...Only time can tell which is worth the more.

The battle is over in an instant, Voxnar takes the lead and strikes out first shattering Kleist's ankle, then his upper leg. Kleist attempts to retaliate but Voxnar displays hitherto unknown agility and dodges both blows with grace and speed. Voxnar then bites Kleist in the thigh, his teeth actually penetrating the chainmail... Kleist Gives in to the pain and passes out, at that point Voxnar Kindly puts a Warhammer through his skull.

Well done Voxnar, experience trumps cool gear it seems. Take your prize (I wonder what you will pick  ;D ) and leave a happy man, for you took joy in slaughter recently.

Victor's Combat log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2011, 09:27:20 pm »

New list of combatants...
                    Alive                   
[Dated 1/31/11]
Owner: Notpete
Name: Ragathgare The Destroyer
Race: Tigerman
Skill: Fighter 1, Axe 1, Dodge 2, Fighter 2
Inv: Iron Highboot, Phantom Spider Silk Cloak, Iron Battle Axe, Iron Shield, Iron Helm, Iron Greaves, Iron Mail Shirt
Class: Fighter
Well...you seem to have missed my DreadMarch stuff. I should have one more in axe, and a breast plate. Also, you have an odd thing going on with fighter listed twice.

Can I trade in those extra greaves I won for another boot?

That's the result of me Half adding one of his victories on, Fixed
---
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 77