Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 74969 times)

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2011, 09:30:01 pm »

Well, shit.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2011, 10:14:52 pm »

XD It's never an act with Powder Maceman.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2011, 10:19:05 pm »

Voxnar Vs. MD Kleist
Remalle Vs. Kzel
Jmod Vs. Ragathgare

Betting

Voxnar Vs. MD Kleist
Remalle Vs. Kzel
Jmod Vs. Ragathgare

Betting greaves.

Voxnar Vs. MD Kleist
Remalle Vs. Kzel
Jmod Vs. Ragathgare

Betting iron helm

Actual results:
Voxnar Vs. MD Kleist
Remalle Vs. Kzel
Jmod Vs. Ragathgare

Vox Nihili has won!
Draignean has lost!
Kzel has lost!

Vox Nihili wins greaves and helm!
Draignean losses his greaves
Kzel has lost his life.

BETTING:
WHO WILL WIN? THE SERPENTS, OR THE BAND OF ANGRY TROLLS?
(Please make your votes in green so that I can tell.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:21:42 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vox Nihili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2011, 10:42:21 pm »

Voxnar see Kleist's leg.  Kleist leg ugly, have cankle, offend Voxnar.  Voxnar smash and smash and bite.  Kleist move no more.  Voxnar smash skull to make sure.  Happy at result.  Take big bronze hammer, Kleist need no more.

Gain hammer smash skill, too.  No need silly dodge or shield, ha!

Profile prior to combat and bets
Name: Voxnar
Race: Human
Skill: 6 Hammer
Items: 1 Iron War Hammer, 1 Iron Chainmail, 1 Iron Helm, 2 Iron High Boots, 1 iron gauntlet (left)

Profile following to combat and bets
Skill: 7 Hammer
Items: 1 Bronze War Hammer, 1 Iron War Hammer, 1 Iron Chainmail, 2 Iron Helm, 2 Iron High Boots, 1 Iron Gauntlet (left), 1 Iron Greaves

So assuming that the following is correct (sorry, I wasn't really following along closely until I hit the jackpot):

Okay last fight to come Immediately After this but now have the very tentative metal progression + new item creation sheet.

The metal's will go like this,  Copper->Iron->Bronze->Steel->Faerie Silver*->Shadowsteel*->Adamantium

Each tier is 10% Increase in quality, while it does makes for more humdrum breaks it also eliminates the massive gaps between the metals that made it very difficult to offer non-generic equipment.

Also possible change to the system, need feedback on, is whether you can get anything other than iron on character generation. If this were to be implemented you would get 10 points to spend on items, and the material of the item dictates how much it costs.

So say Copper costs 1, iron 2, Bronze 3, Steel 5, Faerie Silver* 7, Shadowsteel* 10, Adamantium 15.

You can go with the standard 5 iron, or you can downgrade a little and grab a full suit of armor at the cost of it being slightly lower quality, or go all out offensive and grab a Shadowsteel Great axe and nothing else. Also if this were implemented you would have the option to reject any item from your opponent's corpse and convert their best item into points at half the point value of the original item. (Minimum 2)

If an experienced character wished to upgrade their Arms or Armor because they had filled all of their armor slots they would PM me with what they wanted and I'd update them.     

*Custom alloys of silver-diamond and steel-slade respectively.

I now have 19 points worth of gear, correct?  Are these points fully exchangeable?  For example, could I exchange an iron war hammer (2), iron helm (2), and iron greaves (2) for a piece of steel gear (5) and a piece of copper gear (1)?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2011, 10:45:06 pm »

I think so.
ya want shadowsteel hammer?
BETS SO FAR:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:42:58 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2011, 10:46:57 pm »

I am totally betting on the trolls. Trolls beat the utter crap out of weakling serpentmen everyday. I'll bet my mailshirt.

Vox Nihili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »

I think so.

Hmm, maybe.  It would be cool to see the actual stats and such for the different materials- I don't know if they're from a particular mod, custom-made for this game, or what.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2011, 11:16:50 pm »

Draignean, posting a new guy

Name: Random Elf 3207
Skills: Sword 5
Items: Shadowsteel longsword

This is if I understood the new item/skills build correctly

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 01, 2011, 12:01:29 am »

I'm betting my cape on the Trolls so they can troll the SHIT out of those snakes

Also, MOGG WANT TO FIGHT! MOGG WANT TO KILL!
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 01, 2011, 12:38:41 am »

I think so.

Hmm, maybe.  It would be cool to see the actual stats and such for the different materials- I don't know if they're from a particular mod, custom-made for this game, or what.

I custom tweaked all the metals used in the arena so that each metal is 10% better than the proceeding metal on the quality chart, Iron was used as base quality.

Okay last fight to come Immediately After this but now have the very tentative metal progression + new item creation sheet.

The metal's will go like this,  Copper->Iron->Bronze->Steel->Faerie Silver*->Shadowsteel*->Adamantium

Each tier is 10% Increase in quality, while it does makes for more humdrum breaks it also eliminates the massive gaps between the metals that made it very difficult to offer non-generic equipment.

Also possible change to the system, need feedback on, is whether you can get anything other than iron on character generation. If this were to be implemented you would get 10 points to spend on items, and the material of the item dictates how much it costs.

So say Copper costs 1, iron 2, Bronze 3, Steel 5, Faerie Silver* 7, Shadowsteel* 10, Adamantium 15.

You can go with the standard 5 iron, or you can downgrade a little and grab a full suit of armor at the cost of it being slightly lower quality, or go all out offensive and grab a Shadowsteel Great axe and nothing else. Also if this were implemented you would have the option to reject any item from your opponent's corpse and convert their best item into points at half the point value of the original item. (Minimum 2)

If an experienced character wished to upgrade their Arms or Armor because they had filled all of their armor slots they would PM me with what they wanted and I'd update them.     

*Custom alloys of silver-diamond and steel-slade respectively.

I now have 19 points worth of gear, correct?  Are these points fully exchangeable?  For example, could I exchange an iron war hammer (2), iron helm (2), and iron greaves (2) for a piece of steel gear (5) and a piece of copper gear (1)?

Yes, all of your base gear can be exchanged at full price. That may change but so far that's the way it goes.

Voxnar Vs. MD Kleist
Remalle Vs. Kzel
Jmod Vs. Ragathgare

Betting

Voxnar Vs. MD Kleist
Remalle Vs. Kzel
Jmod Vs. Ragathgare

Betting greaves.

Voxnar Vs. MD Kleist
Remalle Vs. Kzel
Jmod Vs. Ragathgare

Betting iron helm

Actual results:
Voxnar Vs. MD Kleist
Remalle Vs. Kzel
Jmod Vs. Ragathgare

Vox Nihili has won!
Draignean has lost!
Kzel has lost!

Vox Nihili wins greaves and helm!
Draignean losses his greaves
Kzel has lost his life.

BETTING:
WHO WILL WIN? THE SERPENTS, OR THE BAND OF ANGRY TROLLS?
(Please make your votes in green so that I can tell.)

I am curious as to how the hell you arrive at the Conclusion that Voxnar gets the greaves that I bet on a Remalle Vs Kzel Match. For that matter how is Voxnar getting anything from Kzel getting killed by Remalle? Kzel III should be getting the helm and the greaves since he won the wager.

Until then all the gear transference is being put on hold.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:47:38 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 01, 2011, 01:54:56 am »

Alright Our last match today, we will be testing something new so be ready.

Jmod, He stabs, he dodges, he impales various people for no good reason. A Dwarf by anyone's regard.

Vs.

Ragathgare, a tigerman of surpassing fury, he has been known to bite the ears from his foe's head.

Ragathgare the former gnome has made quite a name for himself since his death, before he died he was small, weak, and relatively slow. Now though he has the strength and temper to beat someone to death with his shield after losing the use of his arm. Jmod is a speardwarf who gained fame for being able to cut parts of someone's body of using only a spear, no mean feet.  The two meet in the arena, facing off in a standard deathmatch.

Ragathgare gets the first strike in and cuts off Jmod's foot, Jmod is staggered backwards giving Ragathgare time to launch a second chop. Jmod's greaves save him from a seriously uncomfortable leg wound, and the glancing blow smashing Jmod's finger apart. As Jmod recovers Ragathgare opens up his left arm with his axe, causing Jmod to lose hold of his shield. Jmod Isn't one to go done without at least giving semblance of a fight and so he makes a pair of lightning stabs, the first cuts off one of Ragathgare's fingers but the second strikes out towards Ragathgares left arm. The spear however fouls in Ragathgares cloak reducing the wound to a small cut and perhaps dooming Jmod.

Ragathgare slashes into Jmod's spear arm splintering the bone, Jmods spear drops from the lifeless member. From there it is merely a question of how much blood Ragathgare can get out of Jmod... As expected Jmod bleeds out after suffering multiple severe lacerations, but at least he managed to die without vomiting all over the arena. Ragathgare appears to be restraining himself from devouring the corpse, but only just.

Well done Ragathgare, we all admire you self restraint. You didn't bite your opponent once, train up and choose you reward. You in particular as the last of the Reborn will need it.

Victor's Combat Log (Now with Proper Names! I love you Raw files!!)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 01, 2011, 02:27:35 am »

Come on, make it so that the Gnomes are the Testing Stage,

Get Past the Gnome, or GO HOME!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Vox Nihili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 01, 2011, 05:27:09 am »

Profile following to combat and bets
Items: 1 Bronze War Hammer, 1 Iron War Hammer, 1 Iron Chainmail, 2 Iron Helm, 2 Iron High Boots, 1 Iron Gauntlet (left), 1 Iron Greaves

Since I received confirmation that this is indeed the case, I will make the following transfers:

1 iron war hammer (2) + 2 iron helm (4) + 1 iron chainmail (2) [8] exchanged for 1 steel chainmail (5) and 1 bronze helm (3) [8]
1 iron greaves (2) exchanged for 1 iron gauntlet (2)

Final, Combat-Ready Build:

Items: 1 Bronze War Hammer, 1 steel Chainmail, 1 Bronze Helm, 2 Iron High Boots, 2 Iron Gauntlets (19 points total)

My gladiator thirsts for a real challenge.  From the mountaintops I call:  Remalle, Remalle, Slayer Remalle! I dare you to meet my warrior in the arena!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:35:53 am by Vox Nihili »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 01, 2011, 09:43:10 am »

I am curious as to how the hell you arrive at the Conclusion that Voxnar gets the greaves that I bet on a Remalle Vs Kzel Match. For that matter how is Voxnar getting anything from Kzel getting killed by Remalle? Kzel III should be getting the helm and the greaves since he won the wager.

Until then all the gear transference is being put on hold.
what. Oh I'm stupid.

thank you for double-checking. It was late. :-[

Okay then this is how I will be doing the bets.
PLAYER-PLAYER: not happening any more due to difficulties in me figuring out who the hell gets what in which match.

3RD-PARTY:
 - 2 choices: the ones who got it right get it all, split up. in case of tie/indecision I will judge and send half the value forward.
 - multiple choices: the ones who got it right get it all, split up. in case of tie/indecision no equipment is transferred.

Who gets what doesn't really matter as you can (now) trade stuff in, but I will "weigh" payoffs to bets, i.e. whoever bet more stuff gets more stuff if (s)he wins.

If all players go to 1 side, I basically take the other side. If this happens, and they win, I will give each a leather item (from my own stuff, or a "treasury" if Draignean allows it). If they lose, they give me 1 leather thing.

BETS SO FAR:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:47:19 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 01, 2011, 11:01:13 am »

Name: Ragathgare The Destroyer
Race: Tigerman
Skill: Fighter 3, Axe 3, Dodge 2,
Inv: Iron Highboot x2, Phantom Spider Silk Cloak, Iron Battle Axe, Iron Shield, Iron Helm, Iron Greaves, Iron Mail Shirt, Iron Gauntlet
Class: Fighter

Changes in red. I'm guessing that, since I already have everything he does, I can just say I traded his breastplate for a gauntlet. It should be missing a finger, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77