Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Let's Play the Temple of Elemental Evil. [FINALLY Edition] Update 1.5 Jarooooooo  (Read 8166 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Not too long a go (Okay, six months), a couple of fledgling LPS sprung up of this game. One sunk into the murky waters of buggy bog, while the other just stopped, I guess. A few days ago I managed to pick up this little gem, and decided to do a mostly blind run LP. I say mostly, as I keep getting TPK'd by that gorram troll in the fields. Or that hag in swamppiratesville.

(Some of this cribbed from one of those LPs.

Ah, intro movies. On-camera: The Army of Evil.

The legendary Circle of Eight make their pyrotechnic appearance. Off-camera: The Army of Evil shitting their collective pants in terror.

This random guy makes a Demon Lord his bitch. (he's not actually random, we'll meet him later)

Ahh, game time. We'll be playing in IRONMAN mode. This means no in-combat savescumming. This also means people will die in multiple horrid ways. It's more fun that way.

Pick the party alignment.

Selecting a party alignment. Go with whatever. Neutral Good ensures all classes are open, but I don't overly care. Though the game does hate Paladins.

Character Creation

This game is faithful to 3.5 ed rules. How faithful? It allows you to roll dice for your stats. This means it is possible, though only barely, to roll a character with 18's in all his stats. I am not going to do that, because it would be cheating. And also boring as hell.

Then you select your Race. These are pretty much the standard DnD/Fantasy races, but no Gnomes for some sad reason. Ah, well, you can't have it all.

Then your gender. This is purely cosmetic and determines where your dangly bits are, as well as your maximum height.

Also mainly cosmetic, but adds some verisimilitude. At least it ain't Neverwinter Nights, where the Human Mage with 8 Con and 8 Str was built exactly the same as a Barbarian, while an Elf Fighter with 18 Str and 16 Con looked like he could be done in by a stiff wind.

And then your hairdo. Female hairdos are relatively similar, so just tell me what you want. The main difference is that Females get two types of Ponytails (up and down) and Tsukiko-style pigtails.

After all of that appearance stuff, we get to your class. If you're unfamiliar with DnD classes, don't worry, just pick the one that sounds kickass!

Then, your personal alignment. Limited to the ones directly adjacent to the Party alignment. Not diagonally.

*except for Clerics.

And then your God. Again, this doesn't really matter except for clerics; it determines your domain spells and several other nifty things.

And then your Feats. If you're unfamiliar with these, don't worry, I'll optimize your character towards survival. If you know what these are, tell me any particular feats you'd be partial to.

These are your skills. The only ones that really matter are Use Magic Device and Open Lock for Rogues, Tumble for anyone who doesn't have the dodging-type feats, and Spellcraft for magical fellows. Also, Appraise for at least one party member. I'll trick them out as I see fit.

And then your portrait. While I could find a way to hammer in custom pics, the way I'm running this (On a Mac with Crossover) means that's a whole lot more effort than it's worth. Incendiary, those stats there? Jegus that's good stats for a fighter.*

*I rolled him up just to get the pics for the portrait composite. Ain't that always the way? Regardless, his alignment's True Neutral.

Last, of course, there is your name. Just limit it to one or two parts, and no numbers. I hate seeing numbers in someone's namespace.

Okay, that's pretty much it!

A maximum of Five players are needed.

In summary, the signup sheet:
Name:
Race:
Hair:
Stats to Focus On (up to two):
Class:
Party Alignment Vote:
Alignment:
God:
Other (Feats and Portraits):

First come, first killed. Let's rock, shall we?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:04:48 am by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Idram Gakit
Race: Dwarf
Height: Short even by Dwarf standards
Hair: Bald head, massive black beard
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Strength, Intelligence (I NEED MORE SKILL POINTS!)
Class: Rogue
Party Alignment Vote: True Neutral
Alignment: CN
God: Olidammara
Other (Feats and Portraits): Row 4, Column 7 and whatever feats you want

The idea here is to have a rogue tromping around in plate armor while cheerily ignoring his supposed role as a stealth character. We didn't really need the Evasion class feature anyway, right?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:53:22 am by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Name: MaxZero
Race: Human
Height: 5'
Hair: Dark, ponytail, goatee
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Dex, Wis
Class: Monk
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
God: Doesn't matter
Other (Feats and Portraits): Row 1, Col 4. Feats: Improved Initiative, Something else geared toward combat.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then you select your Race. These are pretty much the standard DnD/Fantasy races, but no Gnomes for some sad reason. Ah, well, you can't have it all.
But... but... but Gnomes are one the races listed! I don't understand!

Name: Griffin
Height: Tall and lanky... for a dwarf.
Hair:  Red, shortish beard
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
God: Dwarven god?
Other (Feats and Portraits): Row 4, Column 5. Whatever feats you want.
Do I get an animal?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:30:43 am by GlyphGryph »

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Urist McCleric
Race: Dwarf
Height: 4'-Odd?
Hair: Red (Orange, really) Mohawk!
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Wisdom and Strength
Class: Cleric
Party Alignment Vote: Neutral Good
Alignment: Lawful Good / Neutral
God: Moradin
Other (Feats and Portraits): Pick whatever feats you feel will make a reasonable battlehealer. Since someone has already taken 5 across, 4 down, I'll have 2 across, 4 down.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Name: Ochita
Race: Elf
Height: 5'11
Hair: Any
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Int, dex
Class: Mage
Party Alignment Vote: Chaotic neutral
Alignment: Chaotic good
God: Any magic
Other (Feats and Portraits): Give me lock-picking and feats that give me ridiculous ac and magic. In that order.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Looks like we have our first rag-tag bunch. I'll get an update up later today.

As for the gnomes, blame Josephus, for it he who I cribbed from.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Am I the only elf?

Oh well, elves are cool.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Okay, as an aside, the RNG was very, very kind for me. The only person who I had to roll more than once for was Max. Damn monks. However, it'll likely hate us when we go to beat up get destroyed by the frogs.

Spoiler: The Team. (click to show/hide)

So, where to do we travel? I skipped the generic "welcome to Hommlet" semi-cut scene, and we are currently standing in the middle of a boring road.

Do we:
Run off into the wilderness, looking for fun and things to kill,
Hunt up fetch quests,
Find this Jaroo bastard,
or head straight for the moathouse, no exceptions.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's get quests!

And that's why I eventually gave up on ToEE.

God damn frogs.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

GET ME FRIENDS <3

It will get us crazy discounts and such. Lets do some fetch quests, of DEATH!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Jaroo.

Also, can I reserve a char when this bunch fails?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Off to a wonderful start. I'm in favor of getting lost in the woods for a bit to scrounge up a few easy fights and explain some of the combat mechanics to those members of the audience who have not committed the player's handbook to memory.
... and then it explodes!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Jaroo.

Also, can I reserve a char when this bunch fails?

Sure, just prep a sheet.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

I would also like to reserve a spot, this group needs more lawful evil!
Name:Kaguro Draven
Race:Human
Height:Around 6'1 or so
Hair:something long for males
Stats to Focus On (up to two):Charisma and Intelligence
Class:Sorceror
Party Alignment Vote: TN
Alignment:LE
God:A LE deity if possible and who isn't just lame, if not then a god of magic or necromancy.
Other (Feats and Portraits):Focus on raw magical power for feats, like the spell penitration feats.

"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: [1] 2 3