Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90578 times)

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 4: Silent Night
« Reply #420 on: February 04, 2011, 06:19:04 am »

I'm asking this again, presumably because you missed it: Jim, how did you know who targeted you on day 1?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 04, 2011, 12:10:44 pm »

2) Nothing I didn't already know. I'd already pinned you as the contact. Specifically, though, your reactions strike me as decidedly scummy. You and Jim had a plan to confirm each other as townie, and were testing the waters. A dangerous gambit, and one that has failed.

So, in addition to:

1) Bussing Dariush
Perfect cover. Two quick guesses for why would be:
A) Perhaps he decided to stop playing. From not wanting to play scum, RL issues, taking too many games on, I really don't know. Rather then ask for a replacement, he decided to try getting you completely off the hook.
B) Maybe you started attacking him, not meaning to bus. He certainly didn't give off a reasonable excuse for you to stop attacking him without it being suspicious.

2) Not killing anyone over the night
To increase your odds of winning, of course.

You are now accusing me of working with Jokerman-EXE to dupe the Water Sorcerer whom we intended to kill to confirm myself and himself.
NF certainly didn't rate Jokerman suspicious enough to mention by name. It worked for him.

How in the fucking bloody hell does that all add up? Really, explain it to me. I really want to know. I know you're full of shit, but that's besides the point. If you want to vote me, then you have to justify all that.
Done.

It's Nirur Torir, I'm absolutely positive of it.

The PM mentioned nothing about nightkills. It simply says "if you were killed." That's something of a disconnect and this just adds on to my suspicions of him.
It was inferred from what Janus said:
- When an Apprentice assists a school, they will be given a minor (School-specific) ability for the next day (the Sorcerer for that school always has their school's ability)
- If an Apprentice is lynched, their assist will not count for that night
If you assist water day 1 and get lynched day 1, your assist doesn't count. If you assist water day 1 and get lynched day 2, the magic will have worn off. Thus, it will only work if you were to get lynched night 1.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 04, 2011, 12:53:57 pm »

Does anybody know how jim knew how he was targeted by air and water the first day?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 04, 2011, 01:02:45 pm »

I would assume you're told the school when targeted by a spell.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 04, 2011, 02:27:17 pm »

Was this SOP for the other sorcerer games?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 04, 2011, 02:31:45 pm »

Does anybody know how jim knew how he was targeted by air and water the first day?

I got a PM at the end of Night 1 saying I was targeted by Air and Water.

On Night 2 I got one saying I was targeted by Water.

It's Nirur Torir, I'm absolutely positive of it.

The PM mentioned nothing about nightkills. It simply says "if you were killed." That's something of a disconnect and this just adds on to my suspicions of him.
It was inferred from what Janus said:
- When an Apprentice assists a school, they will be given a minor (School-specific) ability for the next day (the Sorcerer for that school always has their school's ability)
- If an Apprentice is lynched, their assist will not count for that night
If you assist water day 1 and get lynched day 1, your assist doesn't count. If you assist water day 1 and get lynched day 2, the magic will have worn off. Thus, it will only work if you were to get lynched night 1.

This is all very interesting because the PM I received for assisting Water explicitly mentioned night kills. No need for inference whatsoever.

It seems Jokerman-EXE has caught you in a lie.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 04, 2011, 02:54:11 pm »

My PM made no mention of night kills.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 04, 2011, 03:09:42 pm »

Mine did.

Perhaps you should try explaining how you got a different Water Assist PM than me on the same night.

Jokerman-EXE, are there differences between the Night 1 and Night 2 Water Assist PMs?

IronyOwl, did your Night 1 Water Assist explicitly mention getting killed in the night?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 04, 2011, 03:15:19 pm »

Dunno. How'd you get a different PM then your scumbuddy? Or, better yet, why aren't you even slightly suspicious of his PM being different from yours?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 04, 2011, 03:26:35 pm »

Dunno? Dunno??? That's all the explanation you can muster?

If it wasn't apparent you were lying before it should be now.

Also, nice deflection. Jokerman-EXE assisted honestly at least once, so either A) He's lying, and there are differences in the PMs, or B) He's trying to catch you in a lie.

Since option A does not account for why you and I received different PMs on the same night, it can safely be discarded. Therefore, option B must be the case.

Nirur Torir is lying. Lynch him already.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 04, 2011, 04:14:30 pm »

A) He's lying, and there are differences in the PMs
I've heard stress can cause mistakes, such as sentences that mean nothing. I see no reason for him to lie if there are differences in the PMs.

Since option A does not account for why you and I received different PMs on the same night, it can safely be discarded.
That's because your "A" makes no sense. If there are differences in the PMs though, it accounts quite well for why you and I received different PMs. The only reason to discard it is because it makes no sense.

B) He's trying to catch you in a lie. By lying.

Therefore, option B must be the case.
Mind if I offer some alternative explanations? Of course you will.
C) You're both lying, trying to make me decide it's just not worth continuing. Due to my earlier apathy, I'll clearly just fold and let the scum win.
D) There were differences in the PMs.

Jim approves of lying to try to cause mislynches. Lynch him already.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 04, 2011, 04:36:35 pm »

I can't be on for much longer extension.  So toaster or Irony can make up their minds.  I find Nirur mor compelling of the WIFOMS going on tween you two.

The approving of lying (for example)

If it's Him then Jokerman also makes sense for the next day and it's over (finally).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 04, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »

I can't be on for much longer extension.  So toaster or Irony can make up their minds.  I find Nirur mor compelling of the WIFOMS going on tween you two.

The approving of lying (for example)

If it's Him then Jokerman also makes sense for the next day and it's over (finally).

What WIFOMs?

Nirur Torir was going to get lynched and he decided to tie the vote to save his sorry ass. Now he's lying his ass off about his Water Assist, and you find him more compelling?

Come on. Open your eyes a little. He's been passive and useless the whole goddamn game and now that his ass is on the line he's playing like it actually matters.

That's scummy, you know, and more than lynchable enough on its own.

A) He's lying, and there are differences in the PMs
I've heard stress can cause mistakes, such as sentences that mean nothing. I see no reason for him to lie if there are differences in the PMs.

Let's ignore the bullshit about stress.

If he isn't lying, and there is a difference, then he'd know that the Night 2 PM mentions getting killed during the night. Which means he's doing it just to sting you.

If he is lying, and there are no differences, then there's still the lingering issue that you and I and he received different PMs.

If he isn't lying, and there are no differences, still, you and I got different PMs.

The explanation that explains things best is that you are lying.

Since option A does not account for why you and I received different PMs on the same night, it can safely be discarded.
That's because your "A" makes no sense. If there are differences in the PMs though, it accounts quite well for why you and I received different PMs. The only reason to discard it is because it makes no sense.

Differences on the same night?

Not likely. It's easy enough for JTF to BCC everyone who assisted the same way, which is more than likely what happened because the PM is to 'undisclosed recipients'. I.E., everyone who actually assisted Water, but blind carbon copied to them so they don't know who each other are.

B) He's trying to catch you in a lie. By lying.

Therefore, option B must be the case.
Mind if I offer some alternative explanations? Of course you will.
C) You're both lying, trying to make me decide it's just not worth continuing. Due to my earlier apathy, I'll clearly just fold and let the scum win.
D) There were differences in the PMs.

Oh, damn. Lying to catch scum in a lie? Soooo scummy. If you had actually received the same PM I did you would've pointed out the inconsistency immediately and you wouldn't have had to bullshit your way through the inference crap. So, obviously, you're lying.

C) If we're both lying, what are we lying about? We can't both be lying about our assists.
D) Not on the same fucking night. On different nights, sure, but not on the same night.

Extend until Nirur Torir is in the lead.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #433 on: February 04, 2011, 05:26:51 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:00:34 am by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 04, 2011, 05:40:10 pm »

so far its your word vs. his.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37