Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: The Engineer Asylum [Community Engineering Game]  (Read 9714 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: The Engineer Asylum [Community Engineering Game]
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2011, 03:23:43 pm »

Well Duh! It'll be like tattooing Eyes. Put some dye... add a little heat... and viola
...glazed elf!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2011, 04:12:40 pm »

:D
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2011, 05:14:55 pm »

Dorf me! Please. No real preference for profession or anything.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2011, 05:17:58 pm »

Engineer? :P
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2011, 09:07:41 am »

But I'm really gonna need a few things... Your in-game name and since I'm not good at randomly picking I would really appreciate at least one skill to pick your dwarf. If you actually want to be in this then you should at least bother with a few small things like that. :)
Oh and were out of available mechanics. None ever came after you people... But if by engineers you also mean pump operators, siege operators and siege engineers then we have a few of those left.
Well we survived the ambush with losing only 3 cats. No more males so no more new little kitties! :D Those goblins sent 2 squads at us. How do I take all their stuff again? I want to release them in the danger room soon that our "Expendable Urist" so kindly tested. I think that our "Machine Tester" might be lying a little since some of the dwarves sent there weren't too healthy when coming back. And the little animals were a pain in the report logs. A cat kept falling over and standing back up. They actually train slower than I expected but I guess I can fix that by installing many spears on 1 square instead of installing 1 spear on many squares. A 4x4 should be enough. Worst injury was a broken muscle. Healed in a few days though. Seems the miners and woodcutters get the weapon skills too. :) But I still need ideas with the volcano draining. The layer just won't empty up. Oh and it seems the marriage didn't happen after all... :/ Sad!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:56:30 pm by ottottott »

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2011, 03:48:00 pm »

But I'm really gonna need a few things... Your in-game name and since I'm not good at randomly picking I would really appreciate at least one skill to pick your dwarf. If you actually want to be in this then you should at least bother with a few small things like that. :)
Oh and were out of available mechanics. None ever came after you people... But if by engineers you also mean pump operators, siege operators and siege engineers then we have a few of those left.
Well we survived the ambush with losing only 3 cats. No more males so no more new little kitties! :D Those goblins sent 2 squads at us. How do I take all their stuff again? I want to release them in the danger room soon that our "Expendable Urist" so kindly tested. I think that our "Machine Tester" might be lying a little since some of the dwarves sent there weren't too healthy when coming back. And the little animals were a pain in the report logs. A cat kept falling over and standing back up. They actually train slower than I expected but I guess I can fix that by installing many spears on 1 square instead of installing 1 spear on many squares. A 4x4 should be enough. Worst injury was a broken muscle. Healed in a few days though. Seems the miners and woodcutters get the weapon skills too. :) But I still need ideas with the volcano draining. The layer just won't empty up. Oh and it seems the marriage didn't happen after all... :/ Sad!

Hide the cages, look at the weapon, armor and stuff screen what items are hidden, designate them for dumping and unforbid them, un-hide everything.

Also, only train military dwarves in the danger room unless you want to be called Urist the Impaler.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:49:36 pm by bayar »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2011, 07:00:20 pm »

Hide the cages, look at the weapon, armor and stuff screen what items are hidden, designate them for dumping and unforbid them, un-hide everything.

Lay down a mass-dump over the cages, then undesignate the cages themselves.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2011, 12:22:56 am »

Lay down a mass-dump over the cages, then undesignate the cages themselves.

After unforbidding the items in the cages with mass reclaim over the cages.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2011, 01:14:50 am »

I keep forgetting that step, yes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Abyss, Holder of Light

• Bay Watcher
  • [DARK_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2011, 01:04:45 pm »

Count me in.

Name: Iron Chef
Profession: Cook/Butcher/Siege Engineer/Axedorf (or chef/S.Engineer with the highest skill)
Custom Profession Name: Sjas (Ghoul Forest 3, anyone?)
Clearly now all we need added are dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you. Thus we can release them along with the dogs & bees themselves when unwelcome guests come to your fortress.

And then lock the door.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2011, 02:09:39 pm »

Any recent pics of the place?

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »

Sry, progress is slow and I'm not playing a lot of DF... For some reason I don't feel so much like it. I got what I wanted (A community game run by me that manages to survive... It wasn't my idea but I'm OK with that.) and I hoped that I would carry on happily as long as I got reasonable requests and... well other stuff that I have gotten.
I don't know why I'm boring you with the details of my wishes and such. You don't want to read them.
Got you dorfed and added your character sheet in the 1st post Abyss. Here are the skills: 7 cook, 3 intimidator, 3 judge of intent, 3 butcher, 3 negotiator, 3 comedian, 3 persuader, 3 conversationalist, 3 pacifier, 3 consoler, 3 flatterer, 1 milker, 1 kicker, 1 dodger, 1 fighter, 1 armor user, 1 observer.
Any pics I do take of it are posted here. I guess I could take a full fortress picture again when year 6 comes. That's half game months from now.
I still need a solution for my lava draining problem. It seems it reached the point where it refills as fast as it drains. I don't have room for more channels. (Maybe 1 or 2, 1 wide ones but that would take lots of room.)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:19:10 am by ottottott »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2011, 03:47:00 pm »

Also, only train military dwarves in the danger room unless you want to be called Urist the Impaler.

Urist the Impaler
Speardorf
Please!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2011, 05:38:02 pm »

Okay. I want a new entrance hallway with a waterfall on one side and a magmafall on the other side

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2011, 12:13:51 pm »

Character sheet added now and also dorfed and added the character sheet of "Urist the Impaler" Luckily we had an unclaimed speardwarf. The new entrance will be made! But I'm gonna need the magma to clear out as I need to dig in that space before flooding it with magma. That brings us back to the problem of how to drain the volcano... Maybe I could use a lot of automated screw pumps... That reminds me that I forgot to search for the aquifer. This seems a whole lot more fun now. :D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13