Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 435226 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #2340 on: September 13, 2011, 03:46:38 pm »

Also, in other news it kinda turns out I'm the lead programmer of Equestria Online now. Who'd have thought it huh?
I've lost all respect for you.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: September 13, 2011, 03:49:20 pm »

Also, in other news it kinda turns out I'm the lead programmer of Equestria Online now. Who'd have thought it huh?
I've lost all respect for you.
You had respect for me? You come across as one not to grant respect until someone's done something worthy of respect in your eyes.
Either way, care to elaborate?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: September 13, 2011, 03:56:58 pm »

I have some minor respect for anyone.

And as to why I don't respect you anymore? EqD.
I'd be glad to elaborate but I'm sure I'd get muted or worse again. :(
(The same topic, kinda, got me muted. Can't remember if you were there at the time.)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: September 13, 2011, 03:59:13 pm »

I don't suppose you could PM me with what happened could you?
Something's telling me that if it ended in drama last time to leave well enough alone, but the curiosity is killing me.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: September 13, 2011, 04:03:12 pm »

Wait, it took you this long to finally watch episode 2? After everyone else made their third or fourth re-run? Sheesh, slowpoke. :P

I had been watching all legit like on HUB on demand, but finally got curious enough as to how the pilot episode ends that I watched the second half on youtube.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: September 13, 2011, 04:21:39 pm »

Yeah, sure. Gimme a few minutes to dig out the thread and I'll PM you.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: September 13, 2011, 04:58:42 pm »

Okay, scratch that. It seems all of this came from a misunderstading. I mixed up Equestria Online, which is where Fayrik is at, with Equestria Daily.
Owell, proceed, you all.

(I'm blaming all of this on every goddamn site having the Equestria- prefix.)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: September 13, 2011, 05:12:27 pm »

(I'm blaming all of this on every goddamn site having the Equestria- prefix.)
I'll agree it is all very confusing.

But, to clear up this for anyone else reading this thread, Equestria Online is a small MMO in development.
Well, I say small simply because it's a "hobby" project, even though the team is massive, and we're hoping to make some pretty interesting game play features too.
I might as well link the site too, just so that google doesn't get confused and send you to Equestria Daily by mistake. Here. (We don't want even more confusion.)
But if you'd asked me a week ago if I thought I'd be programming an MMO in the forseeable future, I'd probably have said no. Let alone lead a team working on a pony themed... Momeurpeg.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: September 13, 2011, 05:15:38 pm »

That's the most adorable thing I've seen all week.

Cute!

I guess Twilight Sparkle also requires a fortress of knowledge...
Fortrenheit 451? Some kind of Fahrenheit 451 reference? /painfully obvious

So, why did this thread pick up steam all of a sudden these past few days?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: September 13, 2011, 05:17:05 pm »

I think this deserves an honorary mention is it hasn't already.

http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Equines-Shocking-Meat-Eating-Murderous/dp/1590480031/

There is widespread belief in a warm and comforting story which states the horse is a gentle herbivore. What if a Rosetta Stone had been found to unlock the dark secrets of the horse's past? An international multi-million dollar industry serviced by horse whisperers, glossy magazines and popular culture preaches that horses are meek prey animals who fear predators. What if evidence demonstrated horses have slain lions, tigers, pumas, wolves, hyenas and humans? Contemporary writers have successfully airbrushed murderous and meat-eating horses out of literature. What if Shakespeare, Sherlock Holmes and Steve McQueen provided artistic evidence to refute that claim? Thanks to global equestrian amnesia, the crucial role played by horses in recent history has been lost to mankind. What if testimony revealed meat-eating horses had been used to explore the Poles and photographs had been discovered of Tibet's blood-eating horses? Deadly Equines is a revolutionary departure from equestrian romance. It is a fact-filled analysis which reveals how humanity has known about meat-eating horses for at least four thousand years, during which time horses have consumed nearly two dozen different types of protein, including human flesh, and that these episodes have occurred on every continent, including Antarctica. Various sources of corroborating data, including legends, literature, cinema, news stories, scientific reports and eyewitness accounts are presented for the reader's investigation. None of these items had been hidden. They were ignored, misinterpreted or, in some cases, censored. The result is the first exploration of the horse's hidden history, an alternative equestrian world populated by forgotten facts, overlooked evidence and astonishing stories. Amply illustrated, and containing a map of occurrences, this study challenges the reader to develop a new understanding of the horse, one based upon reason, not fantasy.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: September 13, 2011, 05:17:19 pm »

Just watched that abridged series that someone linked to earlier...

Rainbow Dash wants to be a car washer from Lesbia. That will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Personally I think the part of that episode where Twilight talks about her childhood is even funnier...
"I had this toy called 'Mrs.Buzzy; She was a stuffed bee. One day while I was having a tea party, Celestia came and she pulled out all of Mrs.Buzzy's stuffing and shefilled her full of sliced bread and she said 'There! Mrs.Buzzy isn't real!' and she told me to write a 300 page essay explaining what that proved and I DIDN'T KNOW!!!... do we have any scotch?"
(And then later, in episode 8, there's a hilarious drawing of that scene inserted during Twilight's flashback)

EDIT: I found an outside link to the drawing

EDIT: Also, a link back to the post with the links

BTW, can anybody tell what kind of accent Pinkie Pie is supposed to have in those parody videos?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: September 13, 2011, 06:01:22 pm »

It's an accent. It's not recognisable and apparently deliberately so.

Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: September 13, 2011, 06:11:44 pm »

But the thing is that it is recognizable. She seems to have the same accent (or at least a similar one) as the character "Insanity Prawn Boy" from the webtoon "On The Moon".
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: September 13, 2011, 06:27:00 pm »

Where's the insulin? ...WHERE IS IT?!
*collapses on the floor*

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: September 13, 2011, 06:46:59 pm »

But the thing is that it is recognizable. She seems to have the same accent (or at least a similar one) as the character "Insanity Prawn Boy" from the webtoon "On The Moon".
then that is the accent. The creator said in his video that he himself doesn't know what accent it is.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 283