Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 435210 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #2325 on: September 13, 2011, 08:20:56 am »

I'd really like to watch the new ep on Saturday just as everyone else does, unfortunately I'm nowhere near the USA. Does anybody know if it'll be available on Hubworld, or---failing that---if there's someplace else where I could watch it?

There's already several videos on youtube that are at least claiming to be pirated copies of the season 2 opener. I haven't actually checked them out yet though.
Somehow, I'd expect half those to be rickrolls...

I would say "or worse", but it's youtube.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: September 13, 2011, 09:06:12 am »

And since someone already mentioned fella by the name Rick Astley ...

http://lunchbagart.tumblr.com/

Also thank Google for this find. It was one of the random shit Google Reader throws at me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: September 13, 2011, 09:52:50 am »

That's... pretty damn awesome.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: September 13, 2011, 09:58:44 am »

That is insanely good artwork considering those are lunch bags.

I wonder what he used? Chalk, maybe? But that'd smear and also get everywhere...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: September 13, 2011, 10:01:59 am »

Looks like it might be oil-based if it isn't chalk.
Nothing important here, move along.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: September 13, 2011, 10:37:16 am »

A comment of the discord trailer by some random guy who I don't wanna find out the name of:

"and the Earth Ponies lose their legs..."

XD

See, even Discord agrees the pegasi and unicorn powers are stronger than earth pony powers! I am vindicated!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: September 13, 2011, 10:49:15 am »

I've just felt that  their elements (AJ honesty | RD loyalty) could be swapped and their cutie marks would still fit.

Now that I think of it more though I remember the running of the leaves episode which had RD cheating and blaming AJ of cheating which isn't really fitting to honest or loyal pony. :S

"...Twilight!?  Twilight my man!  I have no loyalty!" :P

Don't get caught up on the whole elements thing, imo. These are more realistic characters; they're not gonna be perfect beacons of anything.
I say that instead of being avatars of the elements, they instead (accidentally) ritually invoked them for a short period with their actions.

I agree. With this kind of invocation you only need a small sample of your supporting elements. Fire burns, wind blows, water falls; only the sixth element is indispensible.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:15:02 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:17:26 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2335 on: September 13, 2011, 11:34:55 am »

A comment of the discord trailer by some random guy who I don't wanna find out the name of:
"and the Earth Ponies lose their legs..."

He must have read that weird fic too! Shame I don't remember its name it was most random.

Quote from: Johuotar
I've just felt that  their elements (AJ honesty | RD loyalty) could be swapped and their cutie marks would still fit.

What did I write there?! Cutie marks have nothing to do with the elements, what was I thinking...
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: September 13, 2011, 11:52:30 am »

Instant diabetes, right there.

From all the video spoilers and other discussion in here and elsewhere on the intertubes, it seems I'll have to stay away from every pony-related website if I'm to avoid any further season two spoilers. Only four days left! Go faster time! >:(
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:12 pm »

A couple days ago I finally got around to watching episode 2, The Elements of Harmony (the second half of the series premier/pilot episode), and It got me thinking, has anybody ever written a My Little Pony fanfiction based on the movie The Fifth Element and/or drawn Korben Dallas or Leeloo or Ruby Rhod as ponies?
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: September 13, 2011, 03:30:32 pm »

Wait, it took you this long to finally watch episode 2? After everyone else made their third or fourth re-run? Sheesh, slowpoke. :P

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: September 13, 2011, 03:40:23 pm »

You know, it'd be kind of cool if talk about upcoming episodes was spoilered.

Also, in other news it kinda turns out I'm the lead programmer of Equestria Online now. Who'd have thought it huh?

-- or Ruby Rhod as ponies?
Ruby Rhod pony huh? ...Interesting idea. Sounds green to me!
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 283