Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Ultimate Character Battle: Giga-Fort VS Karkat (I need help with this one)  (Read 37302 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Character Battle: Frank VS Minsc!
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »

I think is Minsc was by himself he would lose. He isn't bright enough to use the shield or invisibility potions and would likely get shot up by the plasma rifle very quickly. But if he had Boo with him he might win, Boo both advises Minsc and gives him a bit more intelligence than normal and Boo goes for the eyes when he attacks.

Good thing this is "Frank Horrigan vs Minsc (and Boo)!"
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2011, 07:50:04 pm »

I think is Minsc was by himself he would lose. He isn't bright enough to use the shield or invisibility potions and would likely get shot up by the plasma rifle very quickly. But if he had Boo with him he might win, Boo both advises Minsc and gives him a bit more intelligence than normal and Boo goes for the eyes when he attacks.
He doesn't need a sheild or a potion of invisibility. His equipment gives him 125% fire resistance which means that he would be either healed by the fire, or if that isn't allowed, then would be completely immune (and although plasma isn't really fire, they both deal heat damage, so it would stop both equally). As such franks gun would be completely useless.

And minsc is smart enough to go "ooohhhhh fire hurt, he can't shoot me if invisible" or "ohhhh, he shooting me, sheild will make things hit him instead".
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:58:21 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2011, 09:35:33 pm »

Just a question: is the immune-to-fire set of equipment a "normal" thing for Minsc to be wearing?
I ask because Minsc does not know how Horrigan fights, so he has no reason to use defences that are specificly against fire.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2011, 04:53:40 pm »

The two (three) combatants size each other up, and charge!
Frank lets loose a barrage of plasma, but Minsc blocks it! As his opponent gets closer, Frank abandons his gun in favor of his huge End Boss Knife!
Minsc's sword cuts into Frank's power armor, but the huge supermutant takes it without flinching!
At the two battle, each unable to assain the upper hand, Boo goes for the eyes!
Frank is blinded, and Minsc finishes him!

Minsc and Boo win!

Next battle: Kamina vs Brenner!
The battlefield is a large expanse of varying terrain.
Kamina is in the Gurren (without Lagann), Brenner is in command of the 12th Battalion, Brenner's Wolves.

Feel free to suggest any changes.

Debate open!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Character Battle: Kamina VS Brenner!
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2011, 11:57:19 pm »

Nobody?
No suggestions or anything?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2011, 12:01:30 am »

Just because I am bored, I just say Kamina invokes Plot Armor and kills each of Brenner's Wolves one by one. I really don't feel like typing out everything.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2011, 12:53:52 am »

So, could i get some more info about brenner and how he works and how big (and who is in) his wolves?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2011, 06:00:31 am »

It was only the use of a weapon of mass of mass destruction targeted on the city Brenner was in that finally killed him, so that has gotta mean something. the Independence Legion has everything in it from tanks to infantry to bombers to battleships. It is an army in and of itself. He also rescued the entire Lazurian army when they were sentenced to execution by his superiors for being on the losing side of the war.

His main aim is to find survivors of the apocalypse (a meteor storm), and by looking after your units in battle his CO power is very effective.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2011, 06:41:57 am »

Kamina can only fight so many, and Brenner has 2 entire armies. plus a gun for himself.
Brenner wins.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2011, 09:45:38 am »

Putting Kamina by himself is like putting the sandworm against Aquaman. Chose any environment suited for one and the other automatically loses. Even a neutral area for them both would cause issues in such a matchup. If Lagann was attached nobody could stop him, but without it(And remember when in the show he is without it) he sort of loses fights. So... I dunno if such a matchup could work terribly well unless you have Kamina face Brenner himself. No tanks, no mecha, man to man.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2011, 02:26:56 pm »

Well, what would that leave Kamina with? It would leave Brenner with a gun and body armor.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2011, 04:18:09 pm »

Brenner could use his tanks to lead her into a trap with the infantry hiddin in holes covered up once she got there they all popped out and all the units rushed the area unleashing everything Hince Brenner wins

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2011, 04:20:36 pm »

Brenner could use his tanks to lead her into a trap with the infantry and mech units hiddin in holes covered up once she got there they all popped out and all the units rushed the area unleashing everything Hince Brenner wins
You forgot the infantry with bazookas. (the mechs)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2011, 04:21:23 pm »

I counted them among the infantry in the holes and I know aklyon what they are I play AWBW and AW DR
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35