Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Ultimate Character Battle: Giga-Fort VS Karkat (I need help with this one)  (Read 37299 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Character Battle: Frank VS Minsc!
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2011, 10:08:48 pm »

Okay...both characters are equipped with some of the best armor available in their respective games...both characters are walking tanks...If Minsc can make it into melee, he has the advantage, I think.  Frank, however, has a rather huge plasma gun, and is quite fast.

Then again, Minsc has fought the children of a god, albeit with a lot of help.  I think that says a lot.

Hmm...aimed shots in Fallout...eyes are most damaging..."GO FOR THE EYES, BOO!  GO FOR THE EYES!"

Essentially, legendary walking ranged tank vs legendary walking melee tank.  I have no idea who would win, really.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2011, 10:17:02 pm »

Question about the next fight (Kamina v. Brenner): How is that going to be balanced?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2011, 01:33:43 am »

Making it into melee would be no problem, since in the game their is a shield that reflects all ranged attacks back to the attacker, meaning that minsc could just sit behind it and wait till frank either stops using the gun or just shoots himself to do death.
Even without the shield he could just drink a potion of invisibility and attack him from melee range.
Personally i think that once in melee range minsc would be able to win (depending on what items he has), but i could be wrong.

EDIT: Not quite sure how fast Frank can run, but if he loses his gun/runs out of ammo, then minsc could just use boots of speed+a bow to turn frank into a pincushion (and he could pierce his armor with powerfully enchanted arrows+bow to be sure)
Also, regeneration, minsc could use items to regenerate from anything short of death in 5 minutes, and could outrun frank with boots of speed or improved haste (cast from the ring of gax).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:01:11 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2011, 01:47:26 am »

Brenner still has his End Boss Knife (which is the most powerful melee weapon in the game), so he's not completely defenceless.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2011, 02:28:55 am »

Nah, not completely defensless, but still pretty much toast vs minsc in melee.
Even though his knife is the most powerful melee weapon in the game, it would still fall short of pretty much every unique enchanted weapon in the game (it would maybe be a +2 or so equivalent?), and would have a hard time hitting through some of the more powerful enchanted armor (near impossible vs minsc i think). Even though his knife might be quite good, compared to minsc, frank would be: weaker (items let you boost your strength so its about equal to a giant), slower attacking (using the improved whirlwind feet allows 10 attacks every 6 seconds), slower moving (boots of speed would let him run faster then frank), have about even armor (i suspect even power armor would be about the same as a set of end game armor that minsc could wear), and have a worse melee weapon (Flail of ages/Axe of the Unyielding/Gram the Sword of Grief, and a dozen other weapons minsc could obtain would all be many times more powerful in a fight then a good non-magic knife).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:35:15 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2011, 06:47:05 am »

Brenner still has his End Boss Knife (which is the most powerful melee weapon in the game), so he's not completely defenceless.
I think you're getting people mixed up. Brenner s never mentioned with a knife.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2011, 11:14:57 am »

I also belive that Minsc can cast magic, mainly buffing spells and a small amount of healing.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2011, 02:08:15 pm »

I think you're getting people mixed up. Brenner s never mentioned with a knife.
Wait, I meant Frank, sorry.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2011, 05:24:05 pm »

I also belive that Minsc can cast magic, mainly buffing spells and a small amount of healing.
Yeah he can, but its pretty wimpy magic (assuming he is using it at endgame) and the healing is weaker then him just drinking a healing potion, although he could still get some good spells from items and such.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2011, 08:06:42 pm »

Yeah he can, but its pretty wimpy magic (assuming he is using it at endgame) and the healing is weaker then him just drinking a healing potion, although he could still get some good spells from items and such.

Even then, Protection from Evil (with Detect Evil, of course), Bless, Chant, Barkskin, and such are quick enough to cast at the start of combat without getting too screwed up, and add just a little bit to the overall chance of victory.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2011, 08:59:31 pm »

Well, for equipment let's assume Minsc has some late SoA gear, which is pretty awesome but not god-slaying level. Boo would likely realise the seriousness of the situation and advise him in the appropriate tactics, and Minsc's berserker rage would make him way more formidable. If he had boots of speed or potion of haste, or those boots of avoidance (yeah, remember those?) missile fire would be much less effective.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2011, 03:17:47 am »

Haven't played BG2 in a while, but here is a list of the equipment that minsc would probably be using at the end of SOA.
Spoiler: Minsc equipment list (click to show/hide)
He is able with the items given, and if he drinks a potion to get over 100% fire resistance, which would mean that even if he got hit by the lasers (if his shield is too op or something and is taken out/nerfed) they would do no damage at all to him.

So what it would boil down to would be a melee battle, its between someone who is inhumanly strong,  in power armor and with a good knife (frank) vs someone who is even stronger, faster, with better armor and far better weapons (minsc+boo). Pretty clear who would win here.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2011, 05:02:36 am »

I can't help but imagine Sarevok in the same situation. I can see him storming up to Frank while wearing massive spiky armour, shrugging off fire through pure rage, and then cutting him in half with a swing from his Sword of Chaos (with Deathbringer Assault, naturally).

Minsc running around screaming while wearing garish dragon-themed equipment and a giant hammer is also an entertaining vision.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:15 pm »

Anyone here going to make a case for Frank?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2011, 04:02:57 pm »

I think is Minsc was by himself he would lose. He isn't bright enough to use the shield or invisibility potions and would likely get shot up by the plasma rifle very quickly. But if he had Boo with him he might win, Boo both advises Minsc and gives him a bit more intelligence than normal and Boo goes for the eyes when he attacks.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35